Sponsored

I want the first 4xe Rubicon.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
That's quite a stretch you are making and have, unsurprisingly, failed. I did not state all subsides are bad. No reasonable person would. What I am stating is that huge subsidies for items that only the wealthy can afford, under the guise of being good for the environment, is wrong. Especially when there's no data to support that it's better for the environment or that the current infrastructure can even support it. You need look no further than California for confirmation.
So Wranglers are only for the wealthy?
Sponsored

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
I don't see it being more than the tax credit. I would wager around $6K. I think that's right near what the Pacifica increase in price comes in at.
Southern California Edison is giving a $1000 rebate as well if you are a customer. I just talked to them last week, but I did not ask when it expires.

Sponsored

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
Southern California Edison is giving a $1000 rebate as well if you are a customer. I just talked to them last week, but I did not ask when it expires.
Yeah, I am in NJ and it's around $800 or so. So I am looking at $8,300 (I will definitely qualify for the full $7,500). Hoping to get the 4xe for around 6% below invoice as well. We shall see.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
I'm liking the 4xe so is the warranty is like the pacifica? The expected life of the lithium-ion battery is the life of the vehicle. The Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid also comes with a 10-Year/150,000-Mile Limited Battery Warranty( Disclosure6) or a 10-Year/100,000-Mile Limited Battery Warranty( Disclosure6), depending on the state you live in ?
The warranty on the Renegade and Compass 4XEs in Europe is a lot longer than the standard models. So like the Pacifica, I sort of expect to see a longer warranty on the Wrangler 4XE too.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see it being more than the tax credit. I would wager around $6K. I think that's right near what the Pacifica increase in price comes in at.
I have dug in to all the specs since all the information became available. I feel like Jeep has done everything they can to keep the cost of the 4XE in check. From everything I'm seeing, I think they have tried their best to hit a sweet spot to get as close to the $7500 mark as they can. They could have easily gone a little bigger on the battery. They could have done a few other things that would have increased the overall price. It has a moderate charge rate, a moderate DC to DC converter. Everything about it tells me they are trying to keep the price difference as minimal as they can.

My belief from the start has been that they HAVE to sell the 4XEs to get their fleet averages down. My guess is that the 392 can't happen unless the 4XE sells. They have been paying CAFE fines like crazy. They are in a place where they have to get that CAFE average down or just keep paying fines. FCA won't put up with that. In a way, I guess my theory makes the 4XE a compliance vehicle but I'll be first in line to order one if I can. I'll drive that compliance vehicle with a smile.

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been reading though this thread and I'm so glad there are others that are excited for the Wrangler 4XE. I've been hoping for this Jeep since 2008 when they were working on the last project. I had considered doing my own Wrangler EV conversion for a while. To me, the 4XE is the best of both worlds.

I even started a Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/484773319060428

122520477_10157308569941857_3580949982949975489_o.jpg

MinerSteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
The 4XE is open for sold orders only in November. 3 models, Sahara 4XE, High Altitude 4XE, and the Rubicon 4XE. Anyone interested, drop me an email at:
[email protected]
We are doing our regular pricing.

Steve Boeckmann
Jim Butler CDJR, Linn, MO

Sponsored

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
The 4XE is open for sold orders only in November. 3 models, Sahara 4XE, High Altitude 4XE, and the Rubicon 4XE. Anyone interested, drop me an email at:
[email protected]
We are doing our regular pricing.

Steve Boeckmann
Jim Butler CDJR, Linn, MO
What does this mean?

Nothing has been announced yet by Jeep, no order guide, build and price, etc

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Been trying to find a Diesel Rubicon that checks all the option marks in the right color in SoCal with no luck. Rather than ordering a 2021 I think I have decided to order the PHEV the minute it can be ordered. We have two electric cars, already have the garage wired with level 2 chargers and having 20-30 miles of all electric driving would be perfect for this vehicle.
I hope you offroad out to the middle of nowhere in that thing and the electric system shorts out on you.

OP
OP
KSpider

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
I hope you offroad out to the middle of nowhere in that thing and the electric system shorts out on you.
Wow, you sound like a nice person, GFY. You realize that ICE cars breakdown in the middle of nowhere too? =