Sponsored

I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
The small’ish 37” C rated BFG is only 1 lb heavier than factory 285/70/17 Wildpeak A/T3W’s. In fact, its 1 lb lighter than my 285/75/17 RG’s. In other words, there are lighter alternatives to 80 lb load range E 37’s, if diameter is what you’re primarily after. As others have said, the Member Marketplace is littered with new 35’s being sold by members who wanted 37’s, but “settled.” Buy what makes you and the Mrs’ happy.
They don't know what will make them happy.

Hmmm... How many times have I been in that position?
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
37's aren't difficult to rotate if you do a 5 wheel. It's one tire at a time. All you need is a floor jack (or even the stock jack if you're into pain and suffering) and a jack stand.

I'm also of the mindset of 'if it aint broke don't fix it' so I've been on stock steering/balljoints with 37's and now have 43k miles (about 25k on 37'' tires) with no issues so far. My balljoints and tie rod ends are still as tight as new. That's with about 10 pretty serious offroad excursions a year and colorado winters which can make city driving feel like offroading lol.

I don't think you need all that for just mild offroading trips a few times a year and mostly city driving. All those parts will eventually wear out anyway and you can upgrade when they do.

If I could do it again I'd prob go with the diesel, a lift and 37's then call it a day.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Go with a BFG KM3 or KO2 37". You will both be right. Sells as 37", measures as 35".

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
What sliders are those?
On amazon listings:
"Hooke Road Wrangler Drop Side Steps Nerf Bar Running Boards for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Unlimited 4 Doors Sports Sahara Rubicon"
"OEDRO All-Steel Build Running Boards Compatible with 2018-2022 Jeep Wrangler JL 4 Door, Bolt-on Side Steps with Leaf Shaped Design, Black Powder Coated Nerf Bar"
The Oedro ones showed two last week but the actual oedro site has both cheaper
I didn't check the Hooke site

She wanted the Oedro ones so we ordered Saturday night and they got here today for $319 no tax - but a $9 cc charge on a foreign transaction so...
Not sliders though so if your on the rocks and hear that creaking - back off slowly and take the other path and get real sliders if thats what your planning 🍻

Sponsored

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

I would definitely go 37's. Our jeep isnt a DD but we explore a lot with it. Just got back from 23 days in Alaska and covered 9k miles. It drives and handles great on an aev lift and cooper 37's. Ours is a diesel and we didn't regear for the first 15k miles but right before we left for Alaska I had it regeared to 4.56's. I wish I would have done it sooner because it drives so much better.

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. PXL_20220805_024520392

Oh...and I turned that pipeline back on for y'all to bring gas prices down some!

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh...and I turned that pipeline back on for y'all to bring gas prices down some!
God bless you sir but I think someone is eating the profits lol.

Interesting the diesel needs a regear, or it's that large of a difference. I know with the 3.6 and manual I couldn't climb the driveway with 4.10's. I was doing a lot of cursing the first wheeling trip...had to stay in 4lo the entire trip.

Oh and OP, IF you do put 37's on your wifes vehicle I'd highly recommend some hybrid or AT type tires. With a tire that large, MT's are miserable on pavement.

35'' MT's on stock suspension:

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. 1662064969543

OP
OP

abtoalson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD
God bless you sir but I think someone is eating the profits lol.

Interesting the diesel needs a regear, or it's that large of a difference. I know with the 3.6 and manual I couldn't climb the driveway with 4.10's. I was doing a lot of cursing the first wheeling trip...had to stay in 4lo the entire trip.

Oh and OP, IF you do put 37's on your wifes vehicle I'd highly recommend some hybrid or AT type tires. With a tire that large, MT's are miserable on pavement.

35'' MT's on stock suspension:

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. 1662064969543
I truly think I'm going to choose 35's. 37's look absolutely killer but I feel there's too many underlying "here's what's next" supportive mods once you go to 37's. And like someone mentioned earlier, the only benefit from going to 37's is going to be seen when crawling over rocks, which we'll never do.

Do you have any more pics of your rig? Looks tastefully done.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any more pics of your rig? Looks tastefully done.
That's because it's basically stock on the outside. Why mess with perfection lol. It just has the LED lighting, towing, cold weather, and steel bumper package. Also some cheap Ace sliders. Synergy wheel spacers allowed me to retain the stock wheels on 37s.

All the money is in the suspension...

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. 1662065833428

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. 1662066078242

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. 1662065763605

OP
OP

abtoalson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD
That's because it's basically stock on the outside. It just has the LED lighting, towing, cold weather, and steel bumper package. Also some cheap Ace sliders. Synergy wheel spacers allowed me to retain the stock wheels on 37s.

All the money is in the suspension...
Guess I should have clarified. Any more pics of stock suspension on 35MT's?