Sponsored

I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver.

Smoke Showing

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It’s all about what she wants! Here’s my story so I hope it helps. My local dealer here in south jersey had a pink poison spider customized JLU on their lot one day. My wife and daughter saw it and brought me there at least 5 times to look at it. It was exactly what they wanted our‘s to look like so I started taking notes. 37/12.5r20’s, a 3”+ lift, pretty shiny fox shocks. The following weekend we went to the wildwood Jeep invasion and that Jeep was the show Jeep for JKS. The rep said It had a 3&1/2 lift on the 37’s. Im now $6k poorer but I have 2 happy Italian females in my house. Money well spent. FYI a 3&1/2” J-Kontrol lift with heavy springs on Falken 37’s raised the Jeep a full 6” above the dealer installed Rubicon takeoff package. They love their big beach Jeep. Get what she wants!

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. 9EB83EE8-9925-405A-81A8-AE528AE8EE8D

before
Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. 9573FBE8-8534-4549-8F9E-8B49B8745C4F

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. A2F69E72-73E2-4FD9-8F1D-FB17D9324ECF

after.
She just got her license, future forum member
Sponsored

TucsonDweller

First Name
Braden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi 2.0 eTorque
For any future warranty concerns you may just want to get the Mopar lift and let the dealer install when your rig comes in at which point may as well have him slap on the 37's, with that lift the 37;s won't be any issue at all with proper wheels
Make sure to get running boards (nerfs?) that have a fixed drop down (clue - mopar doesn't sell any) and she ought be very very happy with the choice, skip the electric ones as they seem to have more failures vs zero. a couple examples below both under $400 if shopped right, closer to $300 on a great deal much more if you shop foolishly
Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. A2F69E72-73E2-4FD9-8F1D-FB17D9324ECF

Good luck and enjoy the new Jeep ;)
What sliders are those?

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
As much as I 37s have the cool factor and fit really well with a 2.5 or 3.5 inch fit, I feel the smaller 35 tire is a better daily driver especially if your wife drives it and won’t be a rock crawler. My Clayton 2.5 lift and 35s lifted the Jeep 5 inches and hear about it when the wife gets into the Jeep. Lol.
With that said, I do plan on buying 37s and beadlocks for my off-road trips and use the 35s for the daily driving.
Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. 887073F7-D4CB-4EAF-B373-765B57AA060B

mudog

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully a 3.0 jl
Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. IMG_0796

Here is my diesel on 37s. Couple of things you need to be aware of... 37s are heavy and once you go there you will need to beef up the steering components as well as the eventually deal with the ball joints. Also you will need to some how mount a spare if you want and reinforce the tail gate. This is not including the suspension and steps to get in the jeep. For a daily which does not wheel I would do 35s. On a positive note you do not need to regear for 37s on a diesel if you don't want :)

Cheers and enjoy the jeep.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Wow... hot topic here. And lots of great replies. Actually I'm feeling good that with my 2dr, 35s look proportional to 37s on a 4dr. Many say that if you dream of 37s then just do it. Others say don't jump into something you will not really get any benefit other than looks.

My buddy's 4dr Rubi is lifted w/37s. He rock crawls regularly and it is extremely capable. I drove it on road and even though he is proud of it on road handling, I wasn't impressed compared to several stock vehicles I drove prior. Definitely a compromise especially if this is your wife's DD!

If it was me, I would ease into it and go with 35s and see where it takes you both. Even if you end up spending more money on the journey, your gut feeling and more important, your wife's happiness is being considered along the way.

sciotola88

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Ecodiesel and 2020 JTR
Occupation
Underwriter
Any concern with regearing?
It would be perfect with 4.10 gears but thats not worth the cost to go from 3.73 to 4.10. If i had the 38s i have on my JTR i think i'd go 4.56.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I have a 2019 JLUR, With A 2.5 AEV suspension, and 37 inch BFG TA/KO All terrains. 3.6 motor, not diesel.

My wife is 5 feet tall, I have kids from 6ft all to 5 feet tall. No one has difficulty getting in, the Jeep center of gravity is not so high that it feel like it's gonna flip (it's not a CJ5, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!).

I didn't have to regear, or do anything crazy. I did add sliders/steps from @lodoffroad . BUT I didn't NEED them.

I got the TazerJL and recalibrated, and I get about 15-16 MPG.

I believe in buy once cry once.
Sounds like the bottomed like for you is, if you want to buy a lift, go with 37s. If you don't, go with 35s.

OP
OP

abtoalson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD
As much as I 37s have the cool factor and fit really well with a 2.5 or 3.5 inch fit, I feel the smaller 35 tire is a better daily driver especially if your wife drives it and won’t be a rock crawler. My Clayton 2.5 lift and 35s lifted the Jeep 5 inches and hear about it when the wife gets into the Jeep. Lol.
With that said, I do plan on buying 37s and beadlocks for my off-road trips and use the 35s for the daily driving.
Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. IMG_0796
Are those Method 703's?

OP
OP

abtoalson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD
Wow... hot topic here. And lots of great replies. Actually I'm feeling good that with my 2dr, 35s look proportional to 37s on a 4dr. Many say that if you dream of 37s then just do it. Others say don't jump into something you will not really get any benefit other than looks.

My buddy's 4dr Rubi is lifted w/37s. He rock crawls regularly and it is extremely capable. I drove it on road and even though he is proud of it on road handling, I wasn't impressed compared to several stock vehicles I drove prior. Definitely a compromise especially if this is your wife's DD!

If it was me, I would ease into it and go with 35s and see where it takes you both. Even if you end up spending more money on the journey, your gut feeling and more important, your wife's happiness is being considered along the way.
Appreciate the words and logical approach.

Sponsored

OP
OP

abtoalson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD

Here is my diesel on 37s. Couple of things you need to be aware of... 37s are heavy and once you go there you will need to beef up the steering components as well as the eventually deal with the ball joints. Also you will need to some how mount a spare if you want and reinforce the tail gate. This is not including the suspension and steps to get in the jeep. For a daily which does not wheel I would do 35s. On a positive note you do not need to regear for 37s on a diesel if you don't want :)

Cheers and enjoy the jeep.
I more I read, the more I learn. I knew there would be more underlying supportive modifications/updates to running 37's. Not as easy as just slapping them on in place of 35's.

OP
OP

abtoalson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD
I have a 2019 JLUR, With A 2.5 AEV suspension, and 37 inch BFG TA/KO All terrains. 3.6 motor, not diesel.

My wife is 5 feet tall, I have kids from 6ft all to 5 feet tall. No one has difficulty getting in, the Jeep center of gravity is not so high that it feel like it's gonna flip (it's not a CJ5, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!).

I didn't have to regear, or do anything crazy. I did add sliders/steps from @lodoffroad . BUT I didn't NEED them.

I got the TazerJL and recalibrated, and I get about 15-16 MPG.

I believe in buy once cry once.
Sounds like the bottomed like for you is, if you want to buy a lift, go with 37s. If you don't, go with 35s.
I've talked to @Clayton Off Road about their 1.5" Overland+ kit. I know you don't need a lift with 35's but everything I'm reading about the Clayton kit is it will actually ride better on-road than stock.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Alright, I'll get right to the point. 2023 JLUR Diesel, on order. This will be the wife's daily driver, short commute(10 minutes), usual pick up/drop off kids routine-no big deal.

I want 37's but my gut says 35's. Other than the 2" difference in tires, how much more is involved mechanically speaking in running 37's VS 35's? I've heard of some regearing, I'd prefer not to do that. What kind of supportive mods are recommended when jumping up to 37's? Wear and tear on driveline, etc..

The Jeep will never see rock crawling or hardcore offroad. I do like the idea of overlanding, but that won't happen anytime soon. I talked to Clayton yesterday about their 2.5+ overland kit. I'm guessing a 2.5" and 35's would look silly. I'm not one to cut corner but for some reason, I fell it's just not as simple as slapping on a complete suspension lift, wheels and 37's. Someone please give me some insight and guidance.
I Vote 35's strictly from the standpoint that 37s start to get just too hard to rotate and swap out without help or some fancy tire lift tool. My wife's has 35's.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I feel tougher riding around in a pink Jeep now.

CCFF53C2-6A32-448F-89B1-C80746FDEAB8.jpeg
Hilarious!!!

I believe that 35's are the end of one cost category and 37's are the start of another cost category.

With 37's you will need to think about replacing steering components more often because of the additional weight of the tires. You will need to think about re-enforcing the tail gate because of the additional weight of the large spare tire. Heavier tires will have an adverse effect on your gas mileage.

Many forum members knew exactly what they wanted and went straight to 37's. Buy once and cry once.

If you are not sure, start with 35's and see how the Jeep drives. You will notice a difference from the stock configuration. Later on, try 37's and see how things feel.

Looks versus performance is a real thing when it comes to Jeeps. This will be a daily driver so your wife needs to like how it drives.

Perhaps you will find this useful.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
The small’ish 37” C rated BFG is only 1 lb heavier than factory 285/70/17 Wildpeak A/T3W’s. In fact, its 1 lb lighter than my 285/75/17 RG’s. In other words, there are lighter alternatives to 80 lb load range E 37’s, if diameter is what you’re primarily after. As others have said, the Member Marketplace is littered with new 35’s being sold by members who wanted 37’s, but “settled.” Buy what makes you and the Mrs’ happy.
Sponsored