Sponsored

I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Appearance is the requirement that nobody wants to mention, lest they be deemed a "mall crawler".

But then again that's what the OP is at least man enough to admit. He clearly said he wants 37s but doesn't do much off roading where tire size is a big factor.
Personally I'd have far more respect for someone who remains stock because they simply don't need more than someone to goes up to 37s and only commutes to work and goes to the mall. The former is simply a stock Jeep which is sufficient for their needs and they love it. The latter is the true mall crawler that makes me wonder what's the point?

But that's just my opinion. Everyone's got one.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Take it from someone who was only going to go to a 35" tire. If you are thinking that you want 37's go for it. You will need a small lift to gain enough clearance and you would likely need a new front driveshaft depending on the lift, but you may not if it is "on road" only.

Then again, you should check with the boss...totally stock may be her way of thinking...

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
All I had done for my 37's was the Mopar lift. It does come with new LCA's to keep the caster in line. No issues and at 18000 miles the KO2's are wearing even at 30 psi and just beginning to wiggle. Getting them rotated and balanced as we speak.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
size is a big factor
Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. She Said

Now that I have that out of the way; @Reinen is the voice of reason here. 35s are a great compromise/option with everything else untouched (can you believe 35s now fit any Jeep from the factory?!). Somewhat agree about the respect for remaining stock, and I love pushing stock vehicles beyond their design envelope.

But one of the big reasons to get a Wrangler is the ability to customize to your own ideal (at least at budgets, spouses, and obligations allow). Sounds like OP wants to tinker with the new toy, which I most certainly identify with!

Sponsored

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Some 37's measure out to only be about 35, depending on brand. I've learned many lessons owning Jeeps, but the one most important one - if you want it, you're going to scratch that itch until you get it. Go for the 37's. YOLO.
This. Get 37” BFG KO2’s. They are effectively 35’s but slightly larger and weigh about the same as most 35’s.

4xRadDad

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1976 CJ7, 2021 JLUR “wife’s”
I threw on a 2.5 lift and 37’s on my wife’s daily. She was never a wrangler person until they came out with the pink then she had to have one. Since it was her first wrangler, and she was coming from a Cherokee KL i used my best judgement and went straight to the 37s. She loves it, and I feel tougher riding around in a pink Jeep now. Plus it looks good next to my gladiator!

CCFF53C2-6A32-448F-89B1-C80746FDEAB8.jpeg

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Just remember, once you have a lift picked for the tire size it will look a bit odd with smaller tires. I lifted mine first with 35's and they looked tiny in the wheel wells. You also have to factor in the tire carrier for 37's. 35's will fit on the factory carrier. So that's another $500-1000 for a tire carrier. Then you will want wider wheels for 37's so that's another $2k.. then you will want to regear, another $2000...see how that works? 🤣 Money pit. It just looks so good on 37's!

Jeep Wrangler JL I want 37's but my gut says 35's on wife's daily driver. IMG-0754

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
I’m on 37’s with a Metal Cloak 3.5” Gamechanger. The front driveshaft was replaced with an Adams 1310 Extreme Duty. No need to regear with the diesel….anything bigger and I would say yes, but it handles 37’s like they aren’t even there. As for shocks Im on Fox Accutune 2.5 Elite series front and rear with a Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. Lots of other things but that’s the meat and potatoes of the lift.
Bottom line, it’s her jeep and she should get what she wants, but if you can convince her to go with 37s they sure are fun.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah if you have the diesel and auto trans it will be fine... no problemo!

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate for 37's, if not 40s! Check out the new 38'' size if you're thinking about 37's. Go for it.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Man, you guys are killing me...:)
better question - have you driven a lifted Jeep before? If so, okay, you know what you’re gettin into. If not, I don’t recommend jumping to a lift and 37’s.

I still think you, the wife and kids will be happy just throwing on 35’s stock. Once the kids are out of the house or old enough to drive themselves, then go crazy with the 37’s. Tires and wheels alone for 37’s is probably close to 4k, then you have reinforcements, shocks, track bars, adjustable arms, etc. but again, we all have differing opinions.

Maybe someone on the forum who lives close can link up with you to show you how a lifted Jeep on 37’s rides and how you’ll be getting in and out of it, ha.

OP
OP

abtoalson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURD
As much as I want to say "to hell with it" and go with 37's the sensible me says, "chill out, 35's are more than adequate". The wife can get in, turn the key and go. Sometimes it sucks be responsible!

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I do some serious offroading here in CO with guys in JK's on 35's with budget lifts and they do everything the guys on 37s/40s do.. it takes a little more work and finagling some lines, maybe a winching here and there but they make it.
Sponsored