I used to love winter....

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
I used to love winter here in MI. Used to.
The older I get, that love/hate ratio has changed dramatically.
This is getting old.
Next 10 day forecast doesn't look much better.

fever.jpg
Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I used to love winters in the Northern Panhandle of WV until I reached about 35 ten years ago. Now I can't stand the sight of snow or cold temperatures!!!!!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have hated Michigan winters since I got out of snowmobiling. What I really hate even more than the snow is in the Lansing area, it is often overcast with grey skies for weeks on end. I can't even remember the last time I saw a blue sky and the sun. And that is what makes the rest of is suck even more. Then I go run errands, the ske is grey, the roads are fucked up so bad that I liderally fell like it is destroying my daily driver every time I go somewhere.

Some of the trails in Michigan are smoother that the roads in Lansing. Fuck, I get pissed just thinking about it. FUCK FUCK FUCK....

rant over sorry. .

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Lived in Ohio my whole life. Could care less if I ever see another snow flake. What gets me is the 6 months of gloom, doom, mud and dead vegetation. Good thing we have our Jeep to haul us around. Fair weather is coming though. Fresh air blowing through the Jeep in the bright sun :)

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Move to Florida if you don't like Northern states' winters. You won't have to worry about someone sliding into you on an snowy street. You just have to watch out for all those 90 year old drivers that still haven't had cataract surgery.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Move to Florida if you don't like Northern states' winters. You won't have to worry about someone sliding into you on an snowy street. You just have to watch out for all those 90 year old drivers that still haven't had cataract surgery.
Hey, you talking about me?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I lived somewhere warm like there. On a 20 day stretch where we haven't even come close to average high and usually 20 to 35 degrees below average with 10 forecast to be as bad. Plus we are about 3 inches from a record season of snow. Also record number of stolen cars because idiots leave their cars running with keys to warm them up. Every one of us pays for their stupidity with higher insurance rates.
I'd consider Florida except for the heat, humidity, mosquitoes the size of pelicans, all the alligators and snakes making home in your pools, and the rising ocean. Oh yeah, and those rain storms you call hurricanes.

OP
OP
cohocarl

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get pissed just thinking about it.
You hit the nail on the head Ted. We are stuck inside for 5 or 6 months out of the year, and it's depressing with NO green vegetation.
The most fun I've had in a while was putting some LED driving lights on the front of my snowblower last night. (with rectifier of course so they don't drive you even crazier with them flashing) It was actually kind of cool to see the snow flying through the beams last night. I'm thinking of pimping it out with a whole boatload of LED's on it. What the hell...what else have we got to do for the next 2 months...

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
2D7C65F8-76DD-497C-A438-8F84B9482D38.png
Don’t feel too bad! It been cold here in Wyoming too. Sunday doesn’t look like a good day to do anything except sit by the wood stove.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Come out to California where they tax you on the sunshine.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Spring is here........... Couldn't resist.

ESSqxvCIe9Z9GlRuLHGSq68fVua-ttZL64r_GTYvELBq6gVpN2dQqpAW4WPnvYbRu6D3Y8uXGm-La6IV1Q=w1666-h937-no.jpg

t7Xwx9ZbEcEp7vakaZ4NQogP0_zst9BWFZ3qCNY2OQXW1RWmOD0lqxQGUIYBec4_IPu4bq_ysdvo1NGKlg=w1666-h937-no.jpg

It has been 75-80 here all week.

OP
OP
cohocarl

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been 75-80 here all week.
Funny...the wife and I were talking last night about how cold & nasty this winter has been, and on the TV was a report on the Space-X launch this weekend down there. I've never seen one launch in person and would love to. I told her it isn't too late to book a flight and spend a couple days down there as kind of a joke. We both brought that idea back up a few times last night...

Thanks for the pic of something with chlorophyll in it. :)

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Funny...the wife and I were talking last night about how cold & nasty this winter has been, and on the TV was a report on the Space-X launch this weekend down there. I've never seen one launch in person and would love to. I told her it isn't too late to book a flight and spend a couple days down there as kind of a joke. We both brought that idea back up a few times last night...

Thanks for the pic of something with chlorophyll in it. :)
I saw the first shuttle launch after the Colombia tradgedy. Amazing experience. I was sad when the iconic shuttle program came to an end.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
The most fun I've had in a while was putting some LED driving lights on the front of my snowblower last night. (with rectifier of course so they don't drive you even crazier with them flashing) It was actually kind of cool to see the snow flying through the beams last night.
This is what gets me thru the winter in Northern Illinois. Finally broke down and got an Ariens two stage snow blower, after shoveling that white cr*p for 61 years. Now when I hear snow predicted, my attitude is "Bring it on!" Few things are as satisfying as blasting thru a foot or more of snow at 5AM and watching it fly twenty or more feet in the bright LED headlight.

That and having a great AWD vehicle that gets me thru anything, and winter is now almost bearable. Still hate the cold though.

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored