Sponsored

I used to love winter....

JLCITY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2.0T Automatic
Amen, middle age has made me soft and I want out! San Diego would be ideal but well, $$$$$
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Amen, middle age has made me soft and I want out! San Diego would be ideal but well, $$$$$
Middle age has proven my low and high temperature tolerance has moved closer towards each other.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
We are loving Winter. Lived in SoCal our whole life and as we got older we wanted to start experiencing the seasons. KY is mild with no extremes which Is perfect for us. We got our first snow the other day and got so excited. Sent tons of pics back home and really enjoying the seasons. I guess it is all about mindset.

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
We are loving Winter. I guess it is all about mindset.
You got that right. Spent most of a career working construction in Michigan, mostly outdoors. I truly enjoy the winters here after retiring to the northern lower. Snow wheeling is a blast and no worries about washing the under carriage like ya would after a mud run. The deeper the better. One year we didn't see our road surface from mid December to April and that suits me just fine. The road salt is what grinds me about Michigan winters.

Michigan won't be near as sunny as Arizona in the winter but consider this: The colder it gets, just layer on. The hotter it gets just layer off. Yeah that's right you can only layer off so far and no further. And finally, Michigan winters in single digits is way better than 100+ Dallas or Phoenix summers, imho.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
You got that right. Spent most of a career working construction in Michigan, mostly outdoors. I truly enjoy the winters here after retiring to the northern lower. Snow wheeling is a blast and no worries about washing the under carriage like ya would after a mud run. The deeper the better. One year we didn't see our road surface from mid December to April and that suits me just fine. The road salt is what grinds me about Michigan winters.

Michigan won't be near as sunny as Arizona in the winter but consider this: The colder it gets, just layer on. The hotter it gets just layer off. Yeah that's right you can only layer off so far and no further. And finally, Michigan winters in single digits is way better than 100+ Dallas or Phoenix summers, imho.
Having spent the first 35 years of my life in northern Michigan, I used to say the exact same thing. But now that I'm in Phoenix, I find it not so bad. Despite the saying 'you can't beat a Michigan summer', I enjoy Phoenix summers more. But it's not for everyone, I admit.
Sponsored