Sponsored

I took a friend Jeeping and he liked it!!

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
make sure he joins here and keep us posted, to bad you dont live closer to Wyoming, I need a friend like that, hehe, thanks for the info a while back, started aquiring some loose part to start my mods, thanks for the info awhile back, good luck on the trails and be safe

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Two days later. He bought a JLUR. Then on Black Friday, he bought about 7,000 dollars worth of Jeep stuff... 37x12.5R17 Cooper STT PRO tires, XD beadlock wheels, a lift, front bumper, rear bumper, tire carrier, rock sliders, a tazer JL mini, and recovery gear.....

I think he is all in for jeeping. Now just waiting for stuff to come in.
You deserve a commission :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It is what it is. I don't hang with fair weather friends, and I am not a fair weather friend.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is EXACTLY how my best friend got into it. He never really payed attention to vehicles before. He got a Honda Element when his Civic died. Then e bought a Motorcycle (Suzuki GSXR 750). Loved it. I took him off roading and he had fun, thought it was cool, but it was an easy trail. A few years later, he asked to go again. By that time, My (old) Jeep was fully built. I told him I'd show him a real trail. After climbing the gatekeeper obstacle on this trail, he said to me "I think I need one of these". As we were talking, he mentioned how he loved the bike but people are generally idiots and he didn't want his daughter to grow up without a dad because someone wasn't paying attention and ran him over on the bike. Like clockwork, his wife called and he said "Honey, this is awesome. I think we need a Jeep.".

6 months later his Element was totaled thanks to debris that fell of someone's truck on the highway (right into the front). He bought a manual transmission FJ cruiser. He loved it but was commuting 70+ miles one way per day, so ended up trading it for a Prius a few years later. He hated it, but the thing that pushed him over the edge was they weren't even able to take their daughter grocery shopping because there wasn't any room in the Prius. He had it for less than a year and By December, he was looking at Jeeps, and by spring, he bought a JKUS. He loved it.

Epilogue: 2 years later, I get a text from him: "Yo, are you up for an adventure this weekend? Do you want to drive to NC with me to pick up a Jeep?"
I did, but of course, that was the weekend my wife and I were getting married (on vacation, technically eloping) so I had to say no. Any other time, I would have been all in. He picked up his '16JKUR Hard Rock and has loved it since. it's been 4 years (this summer) and I can tell he's getting the itch for a JL now. This time, when I get that call up, I'm going.
Cool story. But, I’m sorry, not enough room in the Prius to go grocery shopping? Say whaaa...?!?

Did they adopt a baby elephant...? :CWL:

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Cool story. But, I’m sorry, not enough room in the Prius to go grocery shopping? Say whaaa...?!?

Did they adopt a baby elephant...? :CWL:
It was the Prius C, which is the hatchback version if i recall correctly. No room for Groceries, kid, stroller, etc. I can't remember if they had #2 on the way yet at that point or not, but that might have been the case.
Sponsored