Sponsored

I thought rubicons had dana 44 front and rear axles??

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
So my build sheet popped on crypto stickers today and it stated that I have Dana m220 wide rear axle and Dana m210 wide front axle??....any body know whats up?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So my build sheet popped on crypto stickers today and it stated that I have Dana m220 wide rear axle and Dana m210 wide front axle??....any body know whats up?
Those are 44s 👍🏻

Last edited:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Yes. The JL Rubicon has Dana 44 axles front and rear. The rear is a wide track.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Those are D44 axles, that's the ring gear size in millimeters...about 8.5"

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cowboy from hell

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also saw on my build sheet today on crypto I have proximity door locks. At time of order I told dealer I didn't want it. Do I have to pay for this even though I didn't want it?...

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yes, same happened for me. The order wouldn't go through without it. I *think* it's standard now, but when I ordered my 2021, it wasn't standard, so I had to pay for it. The order wouldn't go through without it.

OP
OP
Cowboy from hell

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its no biggie really just not sure why it was installed.... I know my dealer didn't "sneak" it in....

Sponsored

RedBaron91

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JLR
I also saw on my build sheet today on crypto I have proximity door locks. At time of order I told dealer I didn't want it. Do I have to pay for this even though I didn't want it?...
Same thing happened to me on my 21 but honestly I'm so glad they forced me to add it. Turns out I love it.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
When you reviewed the new vehicle order prior to submission, were the proximity door locks on the review that you agreed with? If not you will need to work this out with the dealer. I have them and I think they are great.

PaulW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ, 72 Bronco
Your M220 & M210 are sure enough D44s, But not like the ones on the JK or TJ. Check out the housing size for the extra beef. Size matters. The diff covers are even new. The brackets are thicker. These D44s are on the new Bronco which means Dana can prorate the redesign cost for plenty of applications.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Dana 44 is a family of axles. There are dozens of variations of D44s. M210 wide front and M220 wide rear are the basic Rubicon axles. If you opt for the XtremeRecon you get heavy duty versions with bigger brakes, thicker tubes, 4.56 gears and iron knuckles (similar to what you get on 392s for example).

In addition you can have U-joint or CV-joint for the front axle on the D44. So just on the JL/JT there are over a dozen variations.

Then there are D44 axles on things like F-150s, Broncos, you name it. Some radically different than the Rubicon - e.g. they are independent front suspension on the F-150/Bronco to name just one.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
When you reviewed the new vehicle order prior to submission, were the proximity door locks on the review that you agreed with? If not you will need to work this out with the dealer. I have them and I think they are great.
There is nothing to work out. They are standard equipment and cannot be removed.
Sponsored