I think my wife's jealous of the Jeep, is anyone else having this problem? 😆

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I'm lucky, my wife hates my Wrangler. I wouldn't even mind it if she did enjoy driving it, but it kind of works my benefit in some ways.

The other day on my way home from work, I called her and asked her if she wanted anything at the store, she said no. I asked her if we were going out again tonight, she said no so I parked the Wrangler in the center of the driveway, thus blocking her car in the garage. About an hour after I get home she says she's going to the gym, comes in my man town (front room; we have no kids) complaining that the Jeeps in the way. I told her I'm not moving the Jeep, she can take it if she wants to. She ended up taking the Jeep to the gym, Said she got a few compliments from people there about the Jeep, but otherwise complained about how it feels like it's going to fall apart on every corner, and how I should probably clean it.

I took her advice, Friday after work I took it the long way home and gave it a nice mud bath! Looks great!!!
IMG_20230326_100945375_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg
Maybe you were very smart and strategic in the way you modified that Jeep. My wife wouldn’t even wanna be caught standing next to it🤣 Female pride🙄

CharlesC

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara Altitude
My wife bought a Lincoln a couple of years ago... She was extremely happy with it. Had all the qualities of a Lincoln... smooth, quiet... total luxury snooze-mobile. Everyone nicknamed it the "Stinkin Lincoln". She drove everywhere because she had the "fancy" car...

Meanwhile, I ordered a Jeep, didn't say a peep. She had no idea what was up until it was delivered to the dealer, and I went to pick it up.

Suddenly, now she's obsessed... She's trying to order Jeep accessories. She was going to get tire covers before I nicked it in the bud. My Christmas present was a set of grab handles so that SHE has an easier time getting in to the Jeep. Some "cute" keychain stuff showed up out of nowhere. When we go somewhere, now I always have to drive... she hasn't driven very much in months. We always have to go on "Jeep Adventures"... She's trying to figure out how she can get me to let her drive it now...

C'est la vie!!! That's how it goes.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My wife doesn't like anything about Jeeps. She will ride in mine, but when I tried to get her to drive it she was like nope! She's fine I bought it but has no interest.
100% same here.

I had to make sure the wife got a new vehicle first...
Same here, again. Funny how that works, lol.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I bought my wife her own Jeep; problem solved!
No such issues over here. My wife doesn't like anything about Jeeps. She will ride in mine, but when I tried to get her to drive it she was like nope! She's fine I bought it but has no interest.
I had to make sure the wife got a new vehicle first....
My wife doesn't even really like riding in mine, She very rarely drives it. She wanted he own Jeep, so she got a Wagoneer. :LOL:
100% same here.

Same here, again. Funny how that works, lol.
Thread question answered, and solution clearly answered, it was a GC for mine.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I don’t understand this get approval thingy. 🙄
Yep— just do it, if I hear B I itching about my “high dollar vehicle”, I respond with her high dollar crap. Gears and tires the latest— not a word, musta worked.

Santana74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler Sahara Altitude 3.0l, 18 Jaguar F-Pace
Mine hates my jeep. She loves her Jaguar and I probably will be buying her another in a year or two.

20230325_112502.jpg

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
She likes the Willys
Don't judge me but my wife wants a 4runner. I said not until they update the powertrain. Looks like she will get a new one in the next year or two as I have seen some concepts. We can afford for her to have her wants and for me to have mine so we are lucky...

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
My fiance is!
She's always asking to drive it when we go somewhere.
She wants to get the same one (ecodiesel).

LazySumo

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
Four years ago my lady texts me saying that she has her car (Dodge something something who cares?) in the dealership for an oil change and was going to test drive a new Camero.

Now, say what you will about them, but for HER, this was her dream car. Her dad owned one and she's loved them ever since.

When I got the text I was working on cooking dinner (I'm the cook in our house!) so I put everthing away and drove up to the dealership. I knew how this was going. And it went. That shiney blue Camero put such a huge grin on her face. I heard so many stories about her and her dad (he passed a few years earlier) and that was her joy and her daily driver for the past four years.

Last year I bout my red Rubi and less than six months later she's in a Bikini Blue 2-door. And loves it.

So that's how that's going. :)

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
If she's not, she should be. My wife's 63, and the Jeep's still good for an incredible ride.
Sponsored

Last edited: