Sponsored

I think my wife's jealous of the Jeep, is anyone else having this problem? 😆

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
My wife has been known to call my Jeep "the other woman". That was a long time ago though. After 35 years of marriage, she has long since accepted Jeeps as a part of our lives.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Opposite problem for me.

It started with how she feels safer driving the grand kids to school in the Rubi vs her civic Si.

Then it grew into how she is just going to the gym and since the Rubi is parked outside (her Si gets the garage) she drives the Jeep to the gym instead of her car.

I can’t really complain. She has zero issues when I told her I wanted to do a full 8 adjustable arm complete suspension and shocks with and bigger wheels (5 new tires and wheels). Poof about $7000 for parts gone in a minute.

That conversation took about two seconds to get her approval.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
No such issues over here. My wife doesn't like anything about Jeeps. She will ride in mine, but when I tried to get her to drive it she was like nope! She's fine I bought it but has no interest. She's a pickup truck girl and really likes my diesel 2500!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My wife doesn't like anything about Jeeps. She will ride in mine, but when I tried to get her to drive it she was like nope! She's fine I bought it but has no interest. She's a pickup truck girl and really likes my diesel 2500!
In other words, your wife thinks your Jeep has a tiny willy... 😫

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I'm lucky, my wife hates my Wrangler. I wouldn't even mind it if she did enjoy driving it, but it kind of works my benefit in some ways.

The other day on my way home from work, I called her and asked her if she wanted anything at the store, she said no. I asked her if we were going out again tonight, she said no so I parked the Wrangler in the center of the driveway, thus blocking her car in the garage. About an hour after I get home she says she's going to the gym, comes in my man town (front room; we have no kids) complaining that the Jeeps in the way. I told her I'm not moving the Jeep, she can take it if she wants to. She ended up taking the Jeep to the gym, Said she got a few compliments from people there about the Jeep, but otherwise complained about how it feels like it's going to fall apart on every corner, and how I should probably clean it.

I took her advice, Friday after work I took it the long way home and gave it a nice mud bath! Looks great!!!
Jeep Wrangler JL I think my wife's jealous of the Jeep, is anyone else having this problem? 😆 IMG_20230326_100945375_MF_PORTRAIT

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
My wife doesn't even really like riding in mine, unless we're going somewhere that paking will be an issue. She very rarely drives it. She wanted he own Jeep, so she got a Wagoneer. :LOL:

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Reminds me of a story. Buddy at work had a brand new '00 TJ, he'd wanted a Jeep for years and finally ordered to get it exactly as he liked (a story familiar to most of us). Well one day he got home from work and sitting in the Jeep's spot in the garage was a brand new minivan.

They've been divorced for about 20 years now.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
@Chrisbayridge1,

Chris, I have quite the opposite problem. My wife doesn't mind the Jeep but she doesn't like where I take it. She's too white knuckled even on some of the most tame of trails here in North Central Colorado. She used to complain I didn't have enough friends and I needed a hobby.

Well she's likely now thinking she's becoming a Jeep widow and regretting it. At least she's more willing to go on some of the really picturesque excursions. I just can't do anything very technical or off camber. The problem is that nearly everything above treeline has a very high probability of getting that way.

We have a really solid relationship but this Jeep is driving a wedge with our weekends. I can probably book reservations at hot springs and spa's around the state. She then gets to do her thing while I go galavanting around doing mine, finding some remote wilderness. Unfortunately, that makes enjoying my Jeep even that much more expensive. Oh well, some things are just worth it.

Maybe for you, you're wife would enjoy a nice leisurely stroll down Black Bear Pass. Perhaps even in his and her Jeeps. For me, that is but a pipe dream.

Fortunately my wife has asked if I can teach her how to put it in 4WD. So there is hope. However, I'll probably get way too excited when she eventually gets down in 4Lo.

One can still dream...

Best regards,
Jay
Sponsored