wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I always though these were cool if you need a little help getting into a Jeep. My wife is 5,11", but has had knee surgery and may need this after the Jeep is lifted.

J129358?$prodpg640x480$.jpg
Sponsored

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Haha I'm only 5'3" so I totally have to have the side steps! And you won't find me with a lifted Jeep :LOL: But I can tell you that owning Jeeps (Wrangler type of course) exclusively for several years, I can't stand to get in and out of a "car". I feel like I'm crawling in and rolling out of them. They are just too low for me now. :like:
Yep, my wife likes the "I'm taller than everyone on the road" feel too. Ever since we got our '93 Astro conversion where our three children had their very own seats! No more "he/she is touching me" on those 500mi road trips!

As for her Jeep, just a change in rubber when the factory tires wear out. Maybe go with Yokohama Geolander G003's in a reasonable width...

OP
OP
BlackKrakenJeep
First Name
MW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 l JLUR
That's funny, I love my wife's Jeep and her. Small world.:)

We are both vertically challenged, she's 4'10" and I'm 5'6" if I stand up straight. No steps or stools used but she has a driving pillow that she's fond of, won't leave home without it.
My wife is 5' and doesn't need the pillow but has a really tough time getting in. Good thing she's athletic!

Haha I'm only 5'3" so I totally have to have the side steps! And you won't find me with a lifted Jeep :LOL: But I can tell you that owning Jeeps (Wrangler type of course) exclusively for several years, I can't stand to get in and out of a "car". I feel like I'm crawling in and rolling out of them. They are just too low for me now. :like:
We can't stand the car feeling either. She currently has one and has been regretting it since she traded in her last SUV.

I always though these were cool if you need a little help getting into a Jeep. My wife is 5,11", but has had knee surgery and may need this after the Jeep is lifted.

Those are amazing! Any idea what they are called or where you can find them? I haven't seen them before.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My wife is 5' and doesn't need the pillow but has a really tough time getting in. Good thing she's athletic!

We can't stand the car feeling either. She currently has one and has been regretting it since she traded in her last SUV.

Those are amazing! Any idea what they are called or where you can find them? I haven't seen them before.
IDK, look a little scary to me. But I'm awful clumsy too :surprised:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/aspen-cowboy-stirrup-step-brown-8718-jeep-yj-tj-jk-jl.html

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
A few years ago we had a 2005 Xterra Off-Road and that was my wife's favorite vehicle (mine too for that matter). We had lots of adventures in that X. We've had some nice vehicles since then but she never felt the love she had for the X. When they stopped making them it was a sad day indeed.Never thought she'd like any vehicle as much as that one. Our jeep was about as much of an impulse purchase as we've had on a vehicle. Always wanted one but it was my bucket list vehicle, not hers. Turns our we needed a vehicle quickly but nothing was really piquing her interest. One morning over breakfast we decided to look at Wranglers. Went to our local dealer (who was brand new to our city) and it was love at first sight. That afternoon we drove off with our JLUR. She loves the Jeep! Loves the color. Loves the ride. Loves the Rubicon (wouldn't let me get anything less). Says this far and away exceeds the X in every respect. Never thought that possible. Now I'm more worried she'll want it as her DD. She looked at Wranglers cuz she loves me. Now I can't ever foresee a day we won't have a Wrangler in our garage. Nothing else comes close.

Sponsored

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Wifey sure loves our new JL too! It sure is a nice step up from the ride our TJ has been. She's wanting to put all sorts of mods on it too... Gotta love Jeep Chicks!

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Unlimited Rubicon 2014
Just got back from a long road trip with my wife and kids in our Jeep. My wife started making comments to the boys about how our new Jeep is so much more comfortable than our old TJ, and from time to time commented about how much better the gas milage is and how the overall ride is so much nicer. Needless to say, she was not a fan of the TJ but really likes the JLUR. Today she mentioned that half of our tax refund is going to a lift kit (and the other half into savings). I know that for a lot of you guys this is a given, but the fact that my wife suggested it is huge instead of begrudgingly accepting all of my needless Jeep spending. Now to resist buying Jeep parts and other essentials until then....
Key word..."comfortable"
Let's see how long it stays that way! 🤣

Sponsored

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Unlimited Rubicon 2014

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHA...I'm rolling!!! I'm just imagining my wife trying to use that in an evening gown and hi-heels.

That belongs on a Bronco.......

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
My wife loves my Jeep and encourages me to build it and take her places in it. She is a keeper.
I got me one just like that! It’s awesome!