First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
FYI, to the OP.

Jeep Wrangler JL I think I purchased too much Jeep? 1600817171621

steel bumpers, (someone asked me where did i source my part, you can get this bumper here cheap)
Sponsored

fun2drive

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I am going to buy either the Sahara in diesel 2022 model or Gladiator in diesel. I am not interested in how far I can drive this in mud or rocks, etc. No offense to those that want that. It isn't the look that matters to me either. I just like knowing some places I go I can get to. I also have had the first VM diesel which is in the Wrangler and Gladiator and with the exception of the idiot system implementation of the emissions it has not given me a bit of trouble and I have 95K miles on it. Thanks to the lawsuit FCA has given me an extended warranty which is 48 months or 48,000 miles which ever comes first. That started Nov last year.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I am going to buy either the Sahara in diesel 2022 model or Gladiator in diesel. I am not interested in how far I can drive this in mud or rocks, etc. No offense to those that want that. It isn't the look that matters to me either. I just like knowing some places I go I can get to. I also have had the first VM diesel which is in the Wrangler and Gladiator and with the exception of the idiot system implementation of the emissions it has not given me a bit of trouble and I have 95K miles on it. Thanks to the lawsuit FCA has given me an extended warranty which is 48 months or 48,000 miles which ever comes first. That started Nov last year.
Understood. Pardon my ignorance what is the VM Diesel?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. Pardon my ignorance what is the VM Diesel?
The EcoDiesel engine is made by VM Motori, an Italian manufacturer.

OP
OP
jeme

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
FYI, to the OP.

Jeep Wrangler JL I think I purchased too much Jeep? 1600817171621

steel bumpers, (someone asked me where did i source my part, you can get this bumper here cheap)
Thanks so much for posting. Yes I am starting to hoard parts as I figure I can always sell them. Started with Rubicon rims. Will start to do bumper and hood soon. I believe the rear bumper does not look right on a Sarah due to the Rubi having the high fenders. OK thanks!

Sponsored

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
Yes.
...My Jeeps, even my new JLR when it gets here, will be nothing more than a toy. A motorcycle that I can take the whole family in and still wear flip flops and have a cold drink in the cup holder.
This right here yes indeed ^

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
You’re not crazy to want it different than it is. In fact, I’m in the same boat- just the opposite direction.

I bought the Rubi because I wanted the lockers, gear ratio, transfer case, sway bar disconnect and higher fender clearance. I didn’t want all the stupid red stuff. It’s not a popular opinion around here, but I feel like the Rubi package looks like it was visually designed by a teenage boy.

I’m working on “de-flashing” everything.The only red thing left in the jeep i the dash and I’d love to swap that out with someone who wants a red one.

By the end of the year the only thing that will look like a Rubicon will be the grill (which I prefer the Rubicon to the Sport).

So, make it yours. It’s for you not anyone else.
There is a dark colored, non-red, Rubicon dash panel that comes with the tan seats. I’d guess it would be difficult to get that as a replacement part but maybe not. Whatever, it exists. The Sahara has some dark leather dash options but same comment.

I personally like the red dash and trim. It looks good with the sting grey and adds a little jazz. Agree it doesn’t look good with many other colors—and the tan seats.
Sponsored