Sponsored

I think I purchased too much Jeep?

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
so you have a 2-door as well as that unlimited suv thingie in your avatar?
I don't understand this debate about the number of doors - everyone knows that a real jeep comes with no doors, has exactly two seats, neither of which is adjustable, a fuel tank right under the driver's seat, at least 3 levers for the transmission and transfer case (4 if you have an overdrive), and leaf springs. The unlimited suv thingie gets a lot more use though. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL I think I purchased too much Jeep? 1600275527097
Sponsored

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
If I got a 4 door, but now wish I’d gotten a 2 door, can I get in on this thread?

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I got a 4 door, but now wish I’d gotten a 2 door, can I get in on this thread?
Only if you plan to modify the two door by adding rear-door outline decals behind the actual doors.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Always thought that ride quality between Sahara and Rubicon was in the tires.
I may have gotten a bad set of tires from the factory, but the Rubi tires I have on now (All-Terrain) ride way better than the OEM tires. My tires don't spin nearly as bad on wet pavement now either...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a fully loaded 4 door Rubicon. I will be looking for my second Jeep once this pandemic settles. This time I want me the Basic 2 door Sport package with only a Hardtop, an A/C and the 8 speed automatic for family reasons. Nothing else. I am just confused between whether to get the Turbo 4 without eTorque or the Pentastar with eTorque. I am leaning towards the Turbo 4 as I already have a Pentatar but without eTorque in my 2020 JLUR. However my concern is the A/C in that 2 litre motor without eTorque? Will be as good as the 3.6? If it isn't I will be hearing a lot of complaining in my house. Usually the A/Cs in a motor that small tend to shut down when standing at a red light and then restart once you start moving. Wonder is that maybe the case with the Turbo 4's without etorque also. Talk about first world problems....

I also kind of think the Base Sport is a real Jeep.
I have the 4cyl 2.0L Turbo, anytime the Auto Stop/Start function kicks in, the A/C shuts off... You can turn off the auto start/stop function to keep that from happening though.... My A/C does a killer job keeping the Jeep cool as long as it is under 100 degrees.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I have the 4cyl 2.0L Turbo, anytime the Auto Stop/Start function kicks in, the A/C shuts off... You can turn off the auto start/stop function to keep that from happening though.... My A/C does a killer job keeping the Jeep cool as long as it is under 100 degrees.
I turn that tree hugging Start/Stop off every time I enter my Jeep. Doubt the ESS will be an issue for me as it now second nature for me to push that button. Wonder how the 2 Litre without eTorque will be with the A/C once the Jeep is standing at a red light with the engine running. My cousin is ordering himself a 2021 2 litre this weekend and he too has the same question.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I turn that tree hugging Start/Stop off every time I enter my Jeep. Doubt the ESS will be an issue for me as it not second nature for me to push that button. Wonder how the 2 Litre without eTorque will be with the A/C once the Jeep is standing at a red light with the engine running. My cousin is ordering himself a 2021 2 litre this weekend and he too has the same question.
I rarely stop long enough for it to turn off, but in the summer time, I definitely punch the button... My engine shutting off for 30 seconds isn't going to save the planet... LOL

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I turn that tree hugging Start/Stop off every time I enter my Jeep. Doubt the ESS will be an issue for me as it not second nature for me to push that button. Wonder how the 2 Litre without eTorque will be with the A/C once the Jeep is standing at a red light with the engine running. My cousin is ordering himself a 2021 2 litre this weekend and he too has the same question.
By the way, what am I "adding you to"? ;)

Sponsored

Coletrickle

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon, 19 JLU Rubicon, 21 JT Mojave
Occupation
Build Electricity with Coal
I don't understand this debate about the number of doors - everyone knows that a real jeep comes with no doors, has exactly two seats, neither of which is adjustable, a fuel tank right under the driver's seat, at least 3 levers for the transmission and transfer case (4 if you have an overdrive), and leaf springs. The unlimited suv thingie gets a lot more use though. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL I think I purchased too much Jeep? 1600275527097
You forgot to add the rock parking brake to the list of real Jeep options.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Don't forget the 37mm mounted on the Jeep either. Oh...and the push button heater!

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was my only option since both drive shafts were disconnected when I took that pic. :) The emergency brake on the CJ2A is on a drum connected to the rear of the xfer case, so if the drive shafts aren't connected, your only option for not having a rolling jeep is to use something to chock the wheels. I believe Willys branded the option I showed as the Roc-Brake™ System.

I believe this thread is officially derailed at this point...

Jeep Wrangler JL I think I purchased too much Jeep? 1600286662399

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Lets get back on track, I just traded from a 2.0T Sahara to a 3.6 Rubicon. I needed more jeep, I wanted the M210/220 and lockers. I do miss the 2.0T, that has to be the best engine that I've driven so far.
"I haven't tried the 3.0D or any V8 swap"

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lets get back on track, I just traded from a 2.0T Sahara to a 3.6 Rubicon. I needed more jeep, I wanted the M210/220 and lockers. I do miss the 2.0T, that has to be the best engine that I've driven so far.
"I haven't tried the 3.0D or any V8 swap"
Any reason why you did not want a Turbo Rubicon?
Sponsored