I think I purchased too much Jeep?

Punjabi New Yorker

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
You guys are in for it now! I'm going all in!

$20,000! Paid by Punjabi, in exchange for my guest room after his wife sees his bids. :like:
You can have it for $20k lmao!

Advertisement

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
We will be adding to the argument: Pentastar vs Turbo vs Ecodiesel vs 4XE :CWL: :CWL:

but i think these arguments are a good thing as they usually give valuable info and first hand experience!
No, they usually provide assumptions, false conclusions, and the prioritization of one's own pride over any semblance of valuable info and first hand experience.

It comes down to the simple fact that only a very small percentage of regular posters have the required technical background, but get flooded over and argued by those that haven't a clue. The result is a needle in a haystack. The needle being those who know what they're talking about. The hay is what I outlined in the first paragraph. It's a grave disservice to those that come along looking for viable info to help them make an informed purchase.

BigGreen

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
No, they usually provide assumptions, false conclusions, and the prioritization of one's own pride over any semblance of valuable info and first hand experience.

It comes down to the simple fact that only a very small percentage of regular posters have the required technical background, but get flooded over and argued by those that haven't a clue. The result is a needle in a haystack. The needle being those who know what they're talking about. The hay is what I outlined in the first paragraph. It's a grave disservice to those that come along looking for viable info to help them make an informed purchase.
F850442D-3E51-4899-8ADE-CBD9F7B430AD.jpeg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My exact point. In a see if opinions, technical factual knowledge gets lost and lumped in, one in the same. Only those who actually know, can clearly see who's who. And those in the know loose more and more inclination to help, with every argument. It becomes easier and easier to just step back and watch the avoidable learning the hard way.

lebow.jpg

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara x2
Vehicle Showcase

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll go a cool $22,500 + one-way flight back to wherever you live when you deliver it to me... On top of that I will throw in a $50/ea Target, Costco, Wal-Mart, & Mopar gift cards. Plus a free, 1 night stay in the sink hole in my back yard, it's a wonderful attraction that should be earning me some money...

At 22' deep and about 20' across at the widest point, I could bury a Wrangler in this thing... :) Well, I could have anyway before I spent a small fortune filling it back in...

IMG_6255.jpeg

Punjabi New Yorker

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I'll go a cool $22,500 + one-way flight back to wherever you live when you deliver it to me... On top of that I will throw in a $50/ea Target, Costco, Wal-Mart, & Mopar gift cards. Plus a free, 1 night stay in the sink hole in my back yard, it's a wonderful attraction that should be earning me some money...

At 22' deep and about 20' across at the widest point, I could bury a Wrangler in this thing... :) Well, I could have anyway before I spent a small fortune filling it back in...

IMG_6255.jpeg
wtf dude! it looks like one of those things they pulled Saddam Hussein out of.

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
We will be adding to the argument: Pentastar vs Turbo vs Ecodiesel vs 4XE :CWL: :CWL:

but i think these arguments are a good thing as they usually give valuable info and first hand experience!
Ummm.. HEMI? You forgot HEMI!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
...1 night stay in the sink hole in my back yard, it's a wonderful attraction that should be earning me some money...

IMG_6255.jpeg
Question: does the county still get to collect the same property taxes...when a big chunk of your property just vanishes...?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Question: does the county still get to collect the same property taxes...when a big chunk of your property just vanishes...?
Apparently so, not only that, the insurance wouldn't pay either since it didn't damage a "structure" on the property...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

nostatic

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer

IMG_6255.jpeg

yngrshr

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
Apparently so, not only that, the insurance wouldn't pay either since it didn't damage a "structure" on the property...
Makes sense as property insurance doesn't cover the land itself.

Advertisement

JTopsUSA

Advertisement