Sponsored

I sold my wrangler to Vroom, and here's why...

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
THAT is one sweet Jeep.
What color is that?

I luv Chief, but I may luv this color more.

Also it looks like you could use a haircut and I'm wondering how your feet reach the pedals, but I digress. :CWL:
Thanks. The Jeep is bright white.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
I remember "the old days" of riding 4 wide across a bench seat of a 2-door pick-up. Or crawling into the back seat of mom’s Malibu Classic that had hard backed seats. Neither was much fun.
Cheers to the coming addition! Plus, my money says a Jeep will be in your life again when the time is right.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Something tells me you'll be back. It's always kind of funny when people have these huge families and feel like they need to have huge vehicles as if you can't pack 5 kids in a 4 door Wrangler.
I have a quote from Vroom currently and have been tempted since it's above MSRP because of the crazy current market.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
@kingpinJL …… assuming that you didn’t throw a bunch of mods at it, you made a $10k profit (minus some sales tax and a bit of interest) in one year, on a ’depreciating” asset on which you drive 13k miles. To me, that’s a huge win. Don’t look back. Just smile all the way to the bank

Sponsored

ZellymtWillys

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 21 JLU Willys on order
Congrats on the pending arriving, and congrats also for making $10K effortlessly.

When Mom learned that she was expecting me, Dad sold his pristine 1965 fuel injected Stingray convertible. That's something that even I don't like to think about, lol.
When my Grandparents found out they were having twins, my Grandpa sold his 1963 split-window for something more practical. It hurts me to think I could have inherited that car.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
It's interesting that the offers from places like Vroom, Carvana, Carmax seem to vary greatly from location to location and even between similar vehicles. OP did well with Vroom. In our instance a local dealer offered me almost $10k more than any of those for our '16JKU Backcountry with 60k miles. I honestly can't figure out why we received such low-ball offers on ours when I keep reading how others are cashing in 🤔

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I did the same thing almost 20 yrs ago when I realized my lifted 2 Dr tj was not practical for my family. Fast forward 18 yrs and my daughter in college, I told the wife its time for another jeep! Im still waiting for my special order Rubicon to get built and delivered---Im at 17 weeks now, the wait sux but I need to be patient. Good luck to you and your family, you'll get another wrangler one day....

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
A big congrats on the Child to be. I have been married 57 years, and Family ALWAYS comes first.. đź‘Ť Good call on selling to the highest bidder! I know that this varies by state, but in Arizona, if one is trading in a Vehicle, then that trade in value, one does not have to pay sales tax on. So that also needs to be figured in the equation.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
THAT...is the worst thing I've read today.
Similar to @ZellymtWillys, I too wonder what the family might have done with the Stingray if it had remained with us.

But, hey, my JLU is a keeper! Maybe one day it too will compete for Bloomington Gold, lol.

I remember "the old days" of riding 4 wide across a bench seat of a 2-door pick-up. Or crawling into the back seat of mom’s Malibu Classic that had hard backed seats.
When I think of my time in the Scouts, recurring images of riding in the back of a pickup truck come to mind. That's how my packmates and I were transported to/from any number of meetings and events. Some trucks had caps, others didn't. Good times.

As a Gen Xer, I'm convinced that I'm part of the last generation of Free Range Children.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
We found out that we have a 3rd kiddo inbound. As soon as i found that out and it was confirmed, I had to make the difficult decision to let go of the jeep, because they're just not practical for a family of 5.

When i found out, I put an online request to sell the jeep to vroom. They offered me just a hair under $57,000 for it. I paid $47k and it stickered at $53505. It was a done deal in my mind.

It took them a while to get a carrier over to me to pick it up(about a week and a half). Once they picked it up I had a deposit in my account the next day for the equity.

All in all, it was a slightly stressful experience because they absolutely suck at communicating, but the deal is done.

Not gunna lie, I actually cried a little yesterday about it. I have wanted a jeep for so long, I finally was able to order it and we had a good year of amazing memories in it. I'm sure that I will have even more, better memories going forward.

Vroom just offered me $5,000 less than www.givemethevin.com

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Similar to @ZellymtWillys, I too wonder what the family might have done with the Stingray if it had remained with us.

But, hey, my JLU is a keeper! Maybe one day it too will compete for Bloomington Gold, lol.

When I think of my time in the Scouts, recurring images of riding in the back of a pickup truck come to mind. That's how my packmates and I were transported to/from any number of meetings and events. Some trucks had caps, others didn't. Good times.

As a Gen Xer, I'm convinced that I'm part of the last generation of Free Range Children.
They're still free range children here. Riding in the back of a pickup is a legal regular occurrence.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I had a VERY positive experience with Vroom in April of this year. I highly recommend them. Even after this crazy buying time ends and prices settle back to a normal range (if we live to see this day) I will still use Vroom. I will never be assaulted by a stealership ever again!!!!
Sponsored