Sponsored

I sold my wrangler to Vroom, and here's why...

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Sounds like it is time for a Grand Cherokee. Rocky Road makes a lift that I got 33s under it. Had to hammer the pinch welds but they worked and looked great. I used JK Sahara wheels with a 1.5 inch spacer. That one was a diesel so it got great fuel economy even after the lift. Crap, now Iā€™m missing that jeep. Anyway congrats on the new addition.
Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
How does one cry when making money?! I would be celebrating making $10k to drive a Jeep around and have fun for x many years! Guess it's time to take that $10k and buy a minivan. Who ever said a little sex never hurt anyone.... well... it hurt your Jeeping ability! šŸ¤£

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Holy hell! Congrats on the family expansion and congrats on the profits! Iā€™m going to have to check and see how lucrative an offer I can get when the 22 392 XR comes inā€¦ Because thatā€™s one heck of a number they gave you!

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
We found out that we have a 3rd kiddo inbound. As soon as i found that out and it was confirmed, I had to make the difficult decision to let go of the jeep, because they're just not practical for a family of 5.

When i found out, I put an online request to sell the jeep to vroom. They offered me just a hair under $57,000 for it. I paid $47k and it stickered at $53505. It was a done deal in my mind.
Congrats on the pending arriving, and congrats also for making $10K effortlessly.

When Mom learned that she was expecting me, Dad sold his pristine 1965 fuel injected Stingray convertible. That's something that even I don't like to think about, lol.

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Not gunna lie, I actually cried a little yesterday about it. I have wanted a jeep for so long, I finally was able to order it and we had a good year of amazing memories in it. I'm sure that I will have even more, better memories going forward.
I applaud your commitment to your family. You'll be blessed because of it.

FireCap84

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Interesting seeing this today..Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m selling my 21 ram 1500 and plan to just drive my 21 JLU all winter and order a 22 ram in February.. vroom has the high bid over Carmax by 1200 but Iā€™m a little gunshy after seeing some not so stellar reviews of vroom..

Congrats on the 3rd!

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
We found out that we have a 3rd kiddo inbound. As soon as i found that out and it was confirmed, I had to make the difficult decision to let go of the jeep, because they're just not practical for a family of 5.

When i found out, I put an online request to sell the jeep to vroom. They offered me just a hair under $57,000 for it. I paid $47k and it stickered at $53505. It was a done deal in my mind.

It took them a while to get a carrier over to me to pick it up(about a week and a half). Once they picked it up I had a deposit in my account the next day for the equity.

All in all, it was a slightly stressful experience because they absolutely suck at communicating, but the deal is done.

Not gunna lie, I actually cried a little yesterday about it. I have wanted a jeep for so long, I finally was able to order it and we had a good year of amazing memories in it. I'm sure that I will have even more, better memories going forward.

Grats on the 3rd. I found out 2 weeks ago we are having our first. (not gonna part with the Punk'n though). There will always be time later down the line for another Jeep, things can only get better right!

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
We sold our TJ in 2011 when our 2nd kid was on the way. My wife cried for 2 days.

We got into a JL in ā€˜18 with 3 car seats across the back. Now one of them is out of the car seat. Is it practical? No. But it is way too much fun to ever sell. God willing, we will always have a Wrangler in the family.

You gotta do what you gotta do for your family. No one can fault you for that. And glad you were able to make some money out of it so all of those memories were free šŸ‘Š

1473138B-1E95-461B-9012-E593321EA429.jpeg
THAT is one sweet Jeep.
What color is that?

I luv Chief, but I may luv this color more.

Also it looks like you could use a haircut and I'm wondering how your feet reach the pedals, but I digress. :CWL:

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
you gotta do whats best for your family and its hard passing up selling a used vehicle for profit. question regarding this since alot of people are selling their used cars for more then they payed. do you have to pay capital gains taxes?

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
i'm about to sell mine to vroom as well. they give you any haggle when you sent yours in? like did they nit pick trying to lower your quote? and sorry for your loss. i'm wanting to sell to get into a 4xe. i dunno how i could live without being in one tbh

OP
OP
kingpinJL

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
i'm about to sell mine to vroom as well. they give you any haggle when you sent yours in? like did they nit pick trying to lower your quote? and sorry for your loss. i'm wanting to sell to get into a 4xe. i dunno how i could live without being in one tbh
nope, not at all.

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
nope, not at all.
I see that youre in houston. I'm in sugar land and will be heading up to texas auto direct (since they own vroom) to see if they can expedite the process.
Sponsored