I removed the JL Wrangler Sport "Euro" Close Out Cover Bumper Pieces

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
On my list of to do's today. I may run a bead of silicone under panel prior to reassembly to aid in keeping road elements out. Will snap a few pics.
Sponsored

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
After the dremel job it wasn't necessary to seal anything. There are numerous openings anyway and sealing the seam wouldn' t help. Like the look and cost me a few hours.

20180225_162931.jpg
Looks great! I still have yet to hear from those who are from the midwest or from areas with harsh elements like rain, snow, ice, road salt, etc. I'm so tempted to do this to mine but worry about the elements causing problems with the foglights. Thanks for sharing!

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Devil mints awesome job i tried to remove these the other day and got stumped. I removed all screw that i could see including the one hidden in front of the bumper as well as one plastic push pin. Can you give me a count of screws and push pins. I can’t get mine to come loose. Thanks !
”
It doesn’t slide out easily. With the way the pieces fit against the bumper, it took me some pushing/pulling/twisting to get them off. I think I had 7 screws for each side.

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Also, I saw someone used a 1/8” hex key. What did you use that for? I used a 7mm wrench to remove the screws.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mquinn13

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
The screws have some interesting angles, I went to the hardware store like 3 times cause I just moved and didn't have all the tools.

I counted 7 screws and 2 push pins per side. Once those were removed I used some force to get it out and reinstalled the push pins.

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
When it comes time to replace the factory fog lights, I assume these are the steps we need to follow! :cwl:

Devilmints

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler sport-s
Devil mints awesome job i tried to remove these the other day and got stumped. I removed all screw that i could see including the one hidden in front of the bumper as well as one plastic push pin. Can you give me a count of screws and push pins. I can’t get mine to come loose. Thanks !
Thank you much. Off the top of my head, it was like 6-7 screws and 2 pins. The hidden one in the front is a hex if I recall. Once everything is out, it still doesn't come off easily. I actually removed a few pins from the undertray on each side. That helped remove them a ton!

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I loosened the outside 2 pins and screw from the skid plate to give me wiggle room to get the panel out.

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU , 2017 GC Limited
Would it be possible to just trim the space between? I hate it on mine. But I don’t want to expose electrical to the elements haphazardly.

Sponsored

zodleviton

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...still waiting
Would it be possible to just trim the space between? I hate it on mine. But I don’t want to expose electrical to the elements haphazardly.
Check out post #50 from DEVILMINTS...He did an awesome job of doing that

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU , 2017 GC Limited
Check out post #50 from DEVILMINTS...He did an awesome job of doing that
I totally missed that. Thanks for being my eyes! :P

That’s a great job btw. The lift/wheels/tires go on tonight or tomorrow. I may have my guy put the knife to it and just get it done.

Thanks again!

suggsc24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
772E88CD-8BF8-41E2-9C72-9199DC04DDD6.jpeg
Removed mine today. The Sahara Bumper cover ups are on the way from Mopar, so I’ll update next week on fitment on the Sport bumper.
Sponsored