Sponsored

I removed the JL Wrangler Sport "Euro" Close Out Cover Bumper Pieces

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
That I understand. I took my plastic covers off today and found the inside of them to be caked with dirt and even some gravel hanging out in there. I will be leaving mine off so that I can keep things from getting caught in there :)

bumperwork01.jpg

bumperwork02.jpg

bumperwork03.jpg
lol, well then! Its still hot and dry here my jeep only seeing dirt and dust. Will have to keep an eye out for stuff in there
Sponsored

hammerheadnc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 3.6L (Punky), 2016 BMW R1200GS Adventure (Big Red)
I bought the filler parts, and they fit fine, $30 for both including shipping. 6KL10RXFAA and 6KL11RXFAA.
Thanks I ordered a set of these to clean up the wiring harness appearance :)

Mebryant

First Name
MIchael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hello!

During launch I read about the sport bumper/fender connection pieces and how FCA confirmed they were removable. I received my JL yesterday and I would be lying if I told you I didn't lose sleep over the thought of those ugly things. Today I was able to remove them, what do you all think? Do you think these connections should not be exposed to the elements? The bumpers were tightly connected threw 6 screws on each side but I would assume water would make it in especially at the recommended water height of 30" from the tailgate plate. What are you thoughts?

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

The answer you are looking for is - YES, those connections are fine. Water doesn’t seem to bother the fog lights with the euro covers removed. I’ve had them off for a while. Snow, rain, forded deep enough to submerge them, and they still work. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I didn’t think those things were watertight in the first place.

OP
OP
mquinn13

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
The answer you are looking for is - YES, those connections are fine. Water doesn’t seem to bother the fog lights with the euro covers removed. I’ve had them off for a while. Snow, rain, forded deep enough to submerge them, and they still work. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I didn’t think those things were watertight in the first place.
Great! An update as I’ve had them off for nearly a year and 12,000 miles in Northern California. No issues, but thanks for confirming !

Sponsored

hammerheadnc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Sahara filler panels are:

6KL10RXFAA RIGHT
6KL11RXFAA LEFT

No idea if they actually fit the sport bumper though.
I received these and tried them out on my sport bumper - they do not fit :(

Sponsored

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
I received these and tried them out on my sport bumper - they do not fit :(
Thanks for reporting. I hope you can return those without hassle. I found the bolt/pushpin locations didn't match but wanted to confirm. I don't understand why some members said they fit.

hammerheadnc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for reporting. I hope you can return those without hassle. I found the bolt/pushpin locations didn't match but wanted to confirm. I don't understand why some members said they fit.
Yes that is what I discovered - the holes did not line up and the edge was not flush with the bottom corner of the bumper.

Godfadr

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
could these covers possibly be cut with a utility knife slightly below where they extend above the bumper and consequently be converted to just being covers as on the sahara bumper
Yes...there is a great line to follow.
I think that is what I am going to have to do. Was hoping for a quick part purchase to fix.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Forgive me for my probably dumb question (I really did read the whole thread):

If you use a dremel or snips or something to just cut out the sections, you (obviously) don't run into the issue of having the fog light wires exposed because you're not actually removing the entire plastic piece, correct? But the risk exists that you make a bad cut and screw the whole thing up, I guess.

Jessgut12

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Mine got the ax today.. prepping for new bumper

703C22DD-832B-4665-A510-D49EE1940F7C.jpeg
Sponsored