I removed the JL Wrangler Sport "Euro" Close Out Cover Bumper Pieces

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
Did anybody notice any affect on fuel economy when they removed these?

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Did anybody notice any affect on fuel economy when they removed these?
I did not notice any change. But I removed them before my first fill-up. I guess I'm no help to your question.

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
Did you use a cover borrowed from a Sahara? Or did you order the Mopar part (6KL10RXFAA). Sellers say it should fit all trim levels, lincluding Sport.
They CLAIM they should fit a Sport... but they don't! I'm taking them back tomorrow. Ended up trimming using a utility knife.

Sponsored

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Just cut mine. I didn't think much about them until this last rain storm and all the dirt roads had my sport looking like it drank a chocolate shake after a trip to the dentist. I had a set of led fog light bulbs that I bought for my cherokee but never installed so I popped them in while I had the covers off. Took a little under an hour start to finish with trimming and fog bulbs. I took the first bolt out with a ratchet and it took to long so I chucked my 1/4 extension into my cordless drill to speed up the process. Now I'm wondering what to do with the plastic spacer between the bumper and the grill that has the corners poking out a little? Did anyone else pull that out as well?

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I pulled the
Just cut mine. I didn't think much about them until this last rain storm and all the dirt roads had my sport looking like it drank a chocolate shake after a trip to the dentist. I had a set of led fog light bulbs that I bought for my cherokee but never installed so I popped them in while I had the covers off. Took a little under an hour start to finish with trimming and fog bulbs. I took the first bolt out with a ratchet and it took to long so I chucked my 1/4 extension into my cordless drill to speed up the process. Now I'm wondering what to do with the plastic spacer between the bumper and the grill that has the corners poking out a little? Did anyone else pull that out as well?
I pulled the air damn/mud guard or whatever it is off as well and I'm leaving it off.

clemson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
I bought the filler parts, and they fit fine, $30 for both including shipping. 6KL10RXFAA and 6KL11RXFAA.
Did you install these on a Sahara? Can you post pictures of finished project please

GreySportySpice

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Sport 6MT, 21' Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just to throw my hat in the ring on fog light experience I took these covers off the same day I got my Jeep. I personally had no issues with anything and saw no fuel mileage change. When I swapped front bumper (rugged ridge HD stubby). The stock Halogens would fill up with water because they hang so low. Ive had no issues with anything electrical but like I said the stock halogen fogs are far from waterproof. LEDs were a good upgrade that I would recommend to anyone.

Sponsored

LaneSprings

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S (JL)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
Been wanting to remove mine as well, but waited till my new bumper arrives this Friday so I can just do it all at once.

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
Hi guys. I come from the Mojito Club thread to say I CAN'T GET THESE DAMN THINGS OFF. I spent like an hour and can't even get one off. I took out all the 7mm bolts and pushed out the one pin/clip, and something is still connected at the inboard end. The only thing I can *guess* is that it's this one screw over by the tow hooks, which I can't even get a socket on. Going insane here. <fifthelement> Plaayys Haaalp. </fifthelement>

DDXDesign

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSS
Hi guys. I come from the Mojito Club thread to say I CAN'T GET THESE DAMN THINGS OFF. I spent like an hour and can't even get one off. I took out all the 7mm bolts and pushed out the one pin/clip, and something is still connected at the inboard end. The only thing I can *guess* is that it's this one screw over by the tow hooks, which I can't even get a socket on. Going insane here. <fifthelement> Plaayys Haaalp. </fifthelement>
EDIT I got tired of trying to figure out the last bit, and was going to trim them and put the back parts back on anyway, so I said F it, and cut them while still installed. Took a little finagling and broke one utility blade, but it's done. The ugly edge I will attend to later with my Dremel.

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I bought the filler parts, and they fit fine, $30 for both including shipping. 6KL10RXFAA and 6KL11RXFAA.
Can you post pics of these installed? Others say they don't fit. I realize this is a response to an old post, but was hoping we can get some clarification as to whether these parts actually fit.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Being a bit ambitious, I purchased 6KL10RXFAA and 6KL11RXFAA. I can 100% definitively say that they do not fit the sport bumper.
Sponsored