Sponsored

I REALLY appreciate a 2-door specific forum!

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I think the 2 door represents only about 12% of all JL sales...
After visiting numerous dealers in the DFW area and not finding a single 2 door back in 2019, I did an Autotrader search and ended up driving 190 miles to Arkansas to purchase mine. It had been driven about 1,500 miles by the dealer's son (who decided he would rather have a... JLU).

Hopefully as the JL racks up additional model years there will be the critical mass of 2 doors to inspire aftermarket manufacturers to start releasing 2 door specific parts. Currently, I'm wanting to add some marine style speaker pods to the back of my JL, but the only mounts available are for JLUs. If anyone on this sub-forum knows of a mount made for the 2 door, I'd love to know about it.
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
This section makes the entire page so much more usable for me as I can find specific topics/parts/information related to the JL. The other sections are overwhelmed with the 4 doors and there seems to be just enough differences between the two models to be very annoying. I do think a nice improvement would be to somehow lock this two door section down so only verified 2 door owners/buyers can post/reply in here. I suspect many people go to "what's new" then start commenting without looking at exactly which forum they're in, 4xe or general or 2 door etc, which can lead to some misinformation leaking in.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Glad to find that there's some 2 door specific stuff online. I mowed through a ton of forum posts the last month trying to find 2 door information.

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
I'll be selling my '06 TJ Sport 2dr and buying a '22 Wrangler S 2dr(on order). I spent alot of time (& money) going through the catalogs and Craigslist looking at all the Jeep Wrangler stuff. I'm excited for the new one but I know I will sorely miss the TJ. I'll stay in touch!

OP
OP
desmo2

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I'll be selling my '06 TJ Sport 2dr and buying a '22 Wrangler S 2dr(on order). I spent alot of time (& money) going through the catalogs and Craigslist looking at all the Jeep Wrangler stuff. I'm excited for the new one but I know I will sorely miss the TJ. I'll stay in touch!
I love my JL, and I still miss my TJ.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I was sitting a drive through the other day and a 4 door JL was sitting at the light. I could not believe how long it looked. I know the term is stationwrangler and that is what it looked like, an old school station Wagon. Just now I was looking at the no lift no big tire thread. Without lifts and big tires those things look like limousines.
constacoga wagon?

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
Picture to the left expresses my opinion - real Jeeps !

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
That observation probably belongs in the " Bashing 4 doors" section, this is a thread dedicated to parts, ideas, tips , unique to the 2 Door.
You see the two doors are not allowed to have a section where we can vent and talk freely. Four-door people will always come to thread and tell us how stupid we are. Very similar to an automatic transmission thread. The manual transmission people can’t wait to come there and tell everybody how stupid they are.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I didn’t know there was such a thread but it’s not meant as bashing just an observation. I like station wagons.
The four-door people won’t allow us to have a two-door thread because they’re very jealous of us. Most of the four-door guys have to have four door because their wife runs the household. The wife wants a four-door that’s what they have.
There’s no soccer moms driving a two door Rubicon. Lol and that’s just the way I like it

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
The four-door people won’t allow us to have a two-door thread because they’re very jealous of us. Most of the four-door guys have to have four door because their wife runs the household. The wife wants a four-door that’s what they have.
There’s no soccer moms driving a two door Rubicon. Lol and that’s just the way I like it
Anyone else get tired of the misogyny?

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Its about change. In my world, for many years jeeps had not doors, no tops, not much of anything. But they bulletproof. Unless you blew a clutch or a radiator, you could get back off the trail or back home.

Then came the YJ, what killed it was the square headlights, no one liked them, even I did not like them. So I ordered a Sahara anyhow and I ordered one with an auto trans and AC. Well the dealer wanted me to put down $3000 deposit, $1000 nonrefundable due to the auto trans. It was a good jeep, but ugly.

Then in 2003 I ordered a Rubicon and still today there is no better rock crawler than a TJ Rubicon and that straight 6 engine! What a combo. It was that which lit the fire under Jeeps and then the 4 door in 2007 and the world went crazy for Jeeps because it opened the market to families for the first time ever...and this is a good thing.

For those of you that have been Jeeping for 55 years, here is a little tidbit: The ONLY reason why Jeep stayed alive over all these years and from CEOs and buyouts by companies that HATED the Jeep (MB) was that Jeep was the most profitable vehicle sold in America as an individual car. I do not know what it cost to build a jeep pre-2000, but I worked for a Big 5 Audit and Consulting company and they were auditing the Corvette division, this would have been around 97. One of the auditors saw my corvette and asked if knew what the dead cost was to build out the assembly line door? He sald average cost was $19,xxx. when it rolled off the line. The base price was $37,345 and you add on to about $44k max. If Vette was built for $19k you can only imagine a Jeep I would guess about $7-$9k at that time.

Now its 2023 and I will order my 2 (TWO) door Rubicon when I get up to my dealer next week. Its going to cost me MSRP $60,XXX...I paid $21.XXX for my 2003 Rubicon (OK, I was consulting for Chrysler and got a special deal thrown in in my pay package).

Do we have a better Jeep? Yes and No. Yes its a GREAT rig, leather seats and heated too and the list goes on and on of goodness. Is it a better off road rig, perhaps if you get the right model but try this: My '03 Rubicon crossing a raging river in Table Mesa Az. It was almost dry river when we drove over about 7 am and by 5 pm going back home it was raging and getting higher due to a major storm up N that we never say. The group leader decided to try it and he got shut down. I went out my Jeep to get him, water is splashing over my windows and I had to roll them up, water in the Jeep almost to my chest. I winched with almost 2 full pulls to get him out (note to all: YES my Warn 9.5 Ti winch worked UNDER water). TJs did not have much in the way of electrics so I could make it.

Sidebar: There were 7 more Jeeps that did not cross, even tho I said I would get them if they faltered or got stuck, but they would not do it. This was Sat and me and the guy I winched out (his started) we headed home. The other 7 did not make it home until Monday. The sheriff's office sent a helicopter that dropped food, and water to them. They could cross the river until Monday afternoon.

The weak point on the high-end 2 and 4 dr is all the electronics IMO.

Image-F91E77F28F7811D9.jpg-thumb_140_105.jpg