Sponsored

I REALLY appreciate a 2-door specific forum!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
What about the 2022s? Glad more items are becoming available for 2 door JLs but that depends on the year. I've been looking for a tonneau/cargo cover for my 2022.
Got the Rampage. It fit but all the straps hanging out and wrinkled fit on the roll bars looked cheesy. Returned it.
Got the Bestop. It fit but left a big gap behind the seats. Returned it.
Got the Mastertop. Specs are 18+ JL 2 door. Wrong again. Returned it.
Might have to wait a couple years for the vendors to take the 2022 models seriously.
Any help from the members would appreciated. (Btw, I personally called each of these venders to verify fitment before ordering.)
Get a Mopar twill top and never look back. As others said, the body is the same 18-22.

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
Let's face it...4-door variants dominate the Wrangler market at around 80%. A lot of Wrangler products are not available in a 2-door option. This was a HUGE departure from the days when I had my TJ and the Quadratec catalog that I received in the mail (GASP! 🤯) ONLY contained stuff that related to MY Jeep (no Unlimiteds in those days).

In the first week alone, I have found info specific to my JLR that I had not found in my past several months of ownership! FINALLY information that I KNOW will relate to my Jeep!

I am tickled pink for this sub-forum! A big THANK YOU to all who got the ball rolling, and to those who made it a reality! :clap:

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
I just orderd a 2023 2-door Sport S and traded in my 2020 UNLIMITED..I have had Jeeps for 30 years and always loved the 2-doors best.. Granted the Unlimited has more room but to me its cumbersome and not as fun to drive as the 2-door. Guess I am going backwards but I am SO excited to be back in the 2's. Never warmed up to my beautiful Biking Pearl Blue 4-door but at least I tried.LOL
Jeepalady

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
Get a Mopar twill top and never look back. As others said, the body is the same 18-22.
I don't see the Mopar twill tonneau cover for jl 2dr. I'd like to buy one. Got a link? Thanks!

Sponsored

stealth1178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl wrangler2dr sport
Hi I need advice I just bought a 2022 jl sport s door fully loaded but on the way home I found out it does not have Sirius xm radio which sucks I assumed when you had the 7 inch radio Sirius was standard if I upgrade to the 8.4 would that at least give me better sound quality? Or I could trade it in on 23 with Sirius installed

Guitar Man

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler S 2dr
Occupation
"Honey Do" List
Hi I need advice I just bought a 2022 jl sport s door fully loaded but on the way home I found out it does not have Sirius xm radio which sucks I assumed when you had the 7 inch radio Sirius was standard if I upgrade to the 8.4 would that at least give me better sound quality? Or I could trade it in on 23 with Sirius installed
The Jeep physically doesn't have the radio or the dealer didn't activate it?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
It does not have sirius installed from factory and jeep wave will not help they said if I upgrade to the 8.4 radio it will void my warranty
Something seems awry. As far as I can tell from all sources online, all of the Wranglers should have Sirius/XM standard (whether you have the service is a separate question).

E.g.
https://www.jeep.com/uconnect.html#2022-jeep-wrangler

Update: here are some screenshots. It should be there. Note the use of "Standard" in the brochure.

Jeep Wrangler JL I REALLY appreciate a 2-door specific forum! Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 7.52.11 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL I REALLY appreciate a 2-door specific forum! Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 7.50.57 PM

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
IMHO , TJ sucked , I work in the off-road industry people didn’t love them. Always complaining about the ride the weak axles and brakes and the lack of power. People who like standards liked the five speed but the automatic sucked. The wrangler JL is 100 times better in every category.
You bring up valid points for sure. But as a platform its still the best rock rig. It offers more than anything else or perhaps it offers less and less is ELECTRICS. As for the axle debate, no doubt and for that reason, I ran Dynatrac ProRock 60s F/R. Then of the age-old Short ar vs Long arm. I never did Long arm, why? To be honest, never saw a need for it and the 'need' was some of the most challenging and difficult trails in the US, never had a long arm outperform me on a trail, how did I do that? As you get into the hard trail and serious rock most go to a bigger lift (up to 6 in) and a long arm. The higher the lift the more you need a long arm. So I only lifted my Jeep 3 in and by doing so I retained more of my swing down. Do a 5/6 lift and you eat up your down movement because you moved it down already and they impact performance. Then I extended my wheelbase almost 3 in thru more 'tricks'. See the pic below for one of my many tricks (note where my steering is!). Then I took my engine-trans assembly and lifted it up inside the tunnel. I also ran High Pinion axles and as a result, my driveshaft was OEM in length. This allowed me to run a almost 100% flat skid plate.

What I did was make a 3 in lift into an almost 6 in lift in clearance. I did a lot of suspension mods. Suspension is my game and I play to win. I have been a suspension fanatic since my early racing days back in the 60s. Most folks do nothing but buy a kit, bolt it on and drive.

The TJ got a bad rep from Deahwobble. DW was an engineering mistake or most likely a penny saved by the Accounting people vs the engineers. DW was the result of design. I remember getting it way back and went to shop after shop for weeks, everyone had a fix but NO ONE had a fix. Being the engineer I am I crawled up my Jeep and laid there for about 4 hours sorting out the suspension in my mind, I came out, placed an order for some fab components, fired up the plasma cutter and welder when they arrived and I FIXED DW! Here are some of the components I used: Fabbed up a support bracket using the bracket in the pic below and never had DW again.

The take away: You are correct in OEM format.

However from an off-road (rock) view the TJ will run trail out there and go head to head with other vehicles. Its strong point is the adaptability of mods and the LACK of electronics. The straight 6 engine in the TJ is a rock crawler's dream, its BULLETPROOF. I knew guys that had over 300k miles on theirs, I put 100k on mine and it was Supercharged.

Jeep Wrangler JL I REALLY appreciate a 2-door specific forum! 07112006142

Bizzyc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, 2020 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Controller
Something seems awry. As far as I can tell from all sources online, all of the Wranglers should have Sirius/XM standard (whether you have the service is a separate question).

E.g.
https://www.jeep.com/uconnect.html#2022-jeep-wrangler

Update: here are some screenshots. It should be there. Note the use of "Standard" in the brochure.

I don't think this is correct in all cases...and it's a bit misleading.

For a 2DR Sport (Sport/Sahara/Willys) you can get a 7" display which has CarPlay (and includes SXM Guardian) but you need option RSD (~$300) to get the Sirius Satelite Radio. I assume that gets you a 7" tuner with GPS. You're automatically upgraded to the GPS radio if you go with the 8.4" or get the Technology Package.

I'm confident this is the case with both the 2022/23 (2DR Sports) since i was going to order a 23 but ended up with a 22 Willys. I do not have the RSD option and no Sirius Radio. I do have access to SXM Guardian, but since I don't have any of the packages that allows for remote start, it's useless.

It's no big deal since I have Sirius in my other daily drivers and just run the app through CarPlay, but it's a bit confusing based on the brochure.

hotsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 2dr
Clubs

Actually, I think the 2 door represents only about 12% of all JL sales...
After visiting numerous dealers in the DFW area and not finding a single 2 door back in 2019, I did an Autotrader search and ended up driving 190 miles to Arkansas to purchase mine. It had been driven about 1,500 miles by the dealer's son (who decided he would rather have a... JLU).

Hopefully as the JL racks up additional model years there will be the critical mass of 2 doors to inspire aftermarket manufacturers to start releasing 2 door specific parts. Currently, I'm wanting to add some marine style speaker pods to the back of my JL, but the only mounts available are for JLUs. If anyone on this sub-forum knows of a mount made for the 2 door, I'd love to know about it.
I upgraded my speakers and chose against marine grade for this reason. I went with some alpine speakers and the selects pods. I run open from May to Oct and haven't had an issue so far. and, your wheels are killer. If you dont mind me asking, what are they?
Sponsored