Sponsored

I ordered what will be my first ever, Jeep today.

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
Here are the specs of everything I ordered in my Jeep. I grew up in Southern California and from the time I was born, my Dad would take me off roading in his 72’ Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 truck.

When I got old enough to drive, I bought a 1980 Datsun 4x4 in high school and learned how to go off roading in it.

Later on in life I would buy a 1997 Toyota Tacoma extra cab 4x4 and would take that truck everywhere. Lots of great memories in that truck.

10 years later and after I moved to Colorado, I would buy a 2007 Toyota Tacoma extra cab 4x4 TRD Off Road. The only reason why I got rid of my last Tacoma was because my kids outgrew the back seats. Now that they are all older, I decided that it was time to buy another vehicle again for off roading.

I was considering buying another Tacoma. This time, a new 2021 TRD Off Road Pro but the more research that I did and knew what I was going to need, for off roading, the clear cut choice was to go with a Rubicon. And so today, I went to our local Jeep/Ford dealership and had them place my order. Here is the specs and build options that I ordered on my new Jeep.

Model: 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Engine: 3.6 Liter V-6 24 Valve VVT eTorque.

Transmission: 8 speed Automatic 850RE.

Color: Granite Crystal Metallic.

Seats: Premium Cloth Bucket Seats. Black.

Top: 3 Piece Hard Top Black.

Top: Hard Top Headliner.

Tailgate: Hinge Gate Reinforcement.

Lighting: LED Lighting Group.

Audio: 8.4” Radio and Premium Audio Group with the Alpine Premium Audio System.

Engine Accessory: Engine Block Heater.

Jeep Accessory: Jeep Trail Rated Kit.

Jeep Accessory: Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group.

Jeep Accessory: All Weather Floor Mats.

Bumpers: Steel Bumper Group.

Jeep Accessory: Integrated Off Road Camera.

Jeep Accessory: Remote Start System.

Jeep Accessory: Cargo Group with Trail Rail System.

Jeep Accessory: Satin Black Grill.

Jeep Accessory: Heavy Duty Rock Sliders with Step Assist.

Jeep Accessory: Grab Handle Kit.

Jeep Accessory: Cold Weather Group.
Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
Grats! Hopefully you did your research in the forums and got a decent deal, no point in overspending if you didn't have to when placing an order.

Welcome to the forums!

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats.

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
I know that two of the first things that I am going to buy for my Rubicon is going to be a winch and off road lights. With the off road lights, I’m going to go with Baja Designs 50” OnX6 LED light bars.
This one on the roof.:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/OnX6-LED-Light-Bars.asp
And this one on the front bumper.:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/OnX6-Racer-Edition-High-Speed-Spot-LED-Light-Bars.asp
I will also buy their XL Linkable LED lights to assist as back up lights when going out off roading at night.:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/XL-Linkable-LED-Lights.asp

What I’m undecided on though is what winch to go with? Obviously, Warn Winches are probably the most well known winches made but are they the best? And if so, which one is? What I want to get is whatever winch has the best reliability, durability, longevity and winching capabilities. I would much rather spend more money on whatever winch meets those areas of criteria than spend less money and buy something inferior in any or all of those areas. Also, what type of winch cabling material is better?

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Jeep!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I know that two of the first things that I am going to buy for my Rubicon is going to be a winch and off road lights. With the off road lights, I’m going to go with Baja Designs 50” OnX6 LED light bars.
This one on the roof.:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/OnX6-LED-Light-Bars.asp
And this one on the front bumper.:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/OnX6-Racer-Edition-High-Speed-Spot-LED-Light-Bars.asp
I will also buy their XL Linkable LED lights to assist as back up lights when going out off roading at night.:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/XL-Linkable-LED-Lights.asp

What I’m undecided on though is what winch to go with? Obviously, Warn Winches are probably the most well known winches made but are they the best? And if so, which one is? What I want to get is whatever winch has the best reliability, durability, longevity and winching capabilities. I would much rather spend more money on whatever winch meets those areas of criteria than spend less money and buy something inferior in any or all of those areas. Also, what type of winch cabling material is better?
Winches. You should head over to the sub-forum and do some research. As with everything, there will be lots of different opinions. Personally, when it comes time for me to buy, it will be a warn Xeon 10-S for me. Assembled in the US.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Winches. You should head over to the sub-forum and do some research. As with everything, there will be lots of different opinions. Personally, when it comes time for me to buy, it will be a warn Xeon 10-S for me. Assembled in the US.
I’ll check that sub forum out. Thank you!

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Welcome the Forum and to the world of JEEP! Don't know how many mods you made to the Tacoma's you have had but in the jeep world you will find It amazing the things you will just have to put on the new rig. Your wallet will never be the same LOL.

As stated above the sub-forum for winched has good information. I personally use Smittybilt Gen3 12000lb with synthetic rope. Have used theirs for years with zero failures.

Congrats, enjoy the new ride and when you get it GO GET DIRTY!

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
I have the same 2007 Tacoma model as you - it's been great but the roof doesn't come off so the Jeep itch won't go away. Hoping to hoping you in the club sometime soon. Good luck!

Benw711

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
Here are the specs of everything I ordered in my Jeep. I grew up in Southern California and from the time I was born, my Dad would take me off roading in his 72’ Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 truck.

When I got old enough to drive, I bought a 1980 Datsun 4x4 in high school and learned how to go off roading in it.

Later on in life I would buy a 1997 Toyota Tacoma extra cab 4x4 and would take that truck everywhere. Lots of great memories in that truck.

10 years later and after I moved to Colorado, I would buy a 2007 Toyota Tacoma extra cab 4x4 TRD Off Road. The only reason why I got rid of my last Tacoma was because my kids outgrew the back seats. Now that they are all older, I decided that it was time to buy another vehicle again for off roading.

I was considering buying another Tacoma. This time, a new 2021 TRD Off Road Pro but the more research that I did and knew what I was going to need, for off roading, the clear cut choice was to go with a Rubicon. And so today, I went to our local Jeep/Ford dealership and had them place my order. Here is the specs and build options that I ordered on my new Jeep.

Model: 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Engine: 3.6 Liter V-6 24 Valve VVT eTorque.

Transmission: 8 speed Automatic 850RE.

Color: Granite Crystal Metallic.

Seats: Premium Cloth Bucket Seats. Black.

Top: 3 Piece Hard Top Black.

Top: Hard Top Headliner.

Tailgate: Hinge Gate Reinforcement.

Lighting: LED Lighting Group.

Audio: 8.4” Radio and Premium Audio Group with the Alpine Premium Audio System.

Engine Accessory: Engine Block Heater.

Jeep Accessory: Jeep Trail Rated Kit.

Jeep Accessory: Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group.

Jeep Accessory: All Weather Floor Mats.

Bumpers: Steel Bumper Group.

Jeep Accessory: Integrated Off Road Camera.

Jeep Accessory: Remote Start System.

Jeep Accessory: Cargo Group with Trail Rail System.

Jeep Accessory: Satin Black Grill.

Jeep Accessory: Heavy Duty Rock Sliders with Step Assist.

Jeep Accessory: Grab Handle Kit.

Jeep Accessory: Cold Weather Group.
Congrats! Post pics once it arrives.

OP
OP
J.Ralston

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Excellent news everyone. My baby finally came in on this past Friday, 02-12-2021 and I could not be more ecstatic! I took her out on her first test drive tonight and I immediately fell in love with her! She not only met my expectations but she greatly exceeded them as well. She will be the best off road vehicle that I have ever owned before, up to this date. And by far as well!

I won’t be able to finalize the deal just yet but I will be doing so at some point in time during the next 2 weeks or so.

I have and all original, and functioning 1958 Fender Stratocaster that has been stored almost all of its life and is in pristine condition because it was hardly ever played. A very well known vintage guitar shop has been wanting to buy the guitar from me ever since I bought it off of the original family that owned it, approximately 8 months ago. Initially I was going to keep the guitar and simply do the original purchase plan that I had decided to do but with the sale of the Strat, as much as I want to keep it, it really opens up a lot of very unique opportunities for me, to do some extra things to the Rubicon, right away. But in order to do everything that way, I have to first, ship the guitar to the shop and then have the owner wire me the money for the guitar into my account.

Here are some pics of my new baby that I took tonight, after I took her on her first test drive and went out and had some fun.
Jeep Wrangler JL I ordered what will be my first ever, Jeep today. 653672CD-085E-45FF-8FF8-8A1E288D74D4
Jeep Wrangler JL I ordered what will be my first ever, Jeep today. 2B7C0B30-C536-41E1-A9AD-DC7EF7CF8A97
Jeep Wrangler JL I ordered what will be my first ever, Jeep today. F78223E7-AC1B-47A2-88A3-719AE6BF2674
Jeep Wrangler JL I ordered what will be my first ever, Jeep today. 3FBAC063-488A-4769-9DA3-19FB2E96B4DB
Jeep Wrangler JL I ordered what will be my first ever, Jeep today. 1F310B8C-DC73-4BA0-B018-F8A7229BF126
Jeep Wrangler JL I ordered what will be my first ever, Jeep today. 6094AF7C-2637-456F-AD0C-FFE55DC8DC83
Sponsored