Sponsored

I Order my JLUR today.

• Thread starter Deleted member 29342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 29342

Today was the big day my daughter and I went to our local dealership and place a order for a 2019 Rubicon. White exterior leather seats and all the bells and whistles. No one touch sky tho. Salesman said about 6 to 8 weeks. I’m in no rush to take delivery since I have 4 month left on my current lease.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Today was the big day my daughter and I went to our local dealership and place a order for a 2019 Rubicon. White exterior leather seats and all the bells and whistles. No one touch sky tho. Salesman said about 6 to 8 weeks. I’m in no rush to take delivery since I have 4 month left on my current lease.
Congratulations! Enjoy it in good health. I’ll tell you one thing the sky touch seemed to make noise when partially opened ( mimicking freedom panels being off ) and looked strange with doors off or back side panels off. So I went with the normal body color hard top.

Hardest part is the wait though hehe

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Congratulations! Enjoy it in good health. I’ll tell you one thing the sky touch seemed to make noise when partially opened ( mimicking freedom panels being off ) and looked strange with doors off or back side panels off. So I went with the normal body color hard top.

Hardest part is the wait though hehe
Usually I would be super excited can’t sleep excited when I order a new car but since I have 4 month left on my lease I feel calm.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Usually I would be super excited can’t sleep excited when I order a new car but since I have 4 month left on my lease I feel calm.
That’s good. I’ve been itching to get mine but work has been keeping me busy.

Sponsored

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
How do you know what stage your build is on.
The dealer sent me a "Priced Order Confirmation (POC)" sheet, with my VON and VIN on it, the sheet lists status as "D - Firm schedule: serial number is assigned.

I guess I could be in D1 by now, but the only way I know of to check is to contact Jeep Cares and ask, which I have not done yet.

Only other way I know is to us the tracking page on this website, which only tells you build sheet and window sticker.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Where did you order from? Good deal? Suresky in Goshen?

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

I’m in New York City so I went to a local dealer. There was no deal made just left a deposit on it so they can put the order in. When it comes in we will figure the numbers.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I’m in New York City so I went to a local dealer. There was no deal made just left a deposit on it so they can put the order in. When it comes in we will figure the numbers.
Not here to tell you what to do, but that has disaster written all over it.
If you surf the forum, you'll see that folks that have done exactly that have gotten screwed over and over again. Once you've waited 6-8 weeks for the unit to arrive, the dealer has all of the leverage.
The beauty of the factory order is that many, many dealers within driving distance of NYC (I was an Upper West-Sider for my "best" years) are offering guaranteed 5% below invoice prices on factory orders, all prices/fees determined up front so no haggling/surprises. Drive to Maryland or Virginia if you want to save another 2+%. On a "loaded" JLURubicon, 5% below invoice is around $6800 below MSRP. I know you won't get anywhere near that from a NYC dealer.
Again, not here to tell you what to do, but this forum has been invaluable in saving its members thousands of dollars and pointing them to reputable, Jeep-loving dealers for a while now.
Mike Knight [email protected] is at Suresky Jeep in Goshen, NY and has already delivered many JLs at 5% below invoice with no games or drama, and he's about an hour north of NYC.
As an aside, even if your current deposit is considered "nonrefundable", NYS law allows a 72 hour cancellation period for any contract.

Full disclosure, I have absolutely nothing to gain from your purchase, and have zero affiliation with Mike/Suresky Jeep or any other entity involved. Just trying to get you the best deal 'cause it helps me feel good about myself...:)

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Not here to tell you what to do, but that has disaster written all over it.
If you surf the forum, you'll see that folks that have done exactly that have gotten screwed over and over again. Once you've waited 6-8 weeks for the unit to arrive, the dealer has all of the leverage.
The beauty of the factory order is that many, many dealers within driving distance of NYC (I was an Upper West-Sider for my "best" years) are offering guaranteed 5% below invoice prices on factory orders, all prices/fees determined up front so no haggling/surprises. Drive to Maryland or Virginia if you want to save another 2+%. On a "loaded" JLURubicon, 5% below invoice is around $6800 below MSRP. I know you won't get anywhere near that from a NYC dealer.
Again, not here to tell you what to do, but this forum has been invaluable in saving its members thousands of dollars and pointing them to reputable, Jeep-loving dealers for a while now.
Mike Knight [email protected] is at Suresky Jeep in Goshen, NY and has already delivered many JLs at 5% below invoice with no games or drama, and he's about an hour north of NYC.
As an aside, even if your current deposit is considered "nonrefundable", NYS law allows a 72 hour cancellation period for any contract.

Full disclosure, I have absolutely nothing to gain from your purchase, and have zero affiliation with Mike/Suresky Jeep or any other entity involved. Just trying to get you the best deal 'cause it helps me feel good about myself...:)

Thank you for the heads up. If I don’t like the price I’ll go else where. I know if I stay local I won’t be getting the best deal but if they going to try sell it to me for window sticker they can keep it. I’ll go to another dealer and do the whole process over again. I won’t buy out of state bc the money I saved one time I had to pay it all back in taxes and fees.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Well I took back the deposit from the dealer I went too and I place another order with a different dealer today they took of 5k off.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Well I took back the deposit from the dealer I went too and I place another order with a different dealer today they took of 5k off.
Smart move. I'm sure the original dealership assumed they had you at sticker since no price was agreed upon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

Smart move. I'm sure the original dealership assumed they had you at sticker since no price was agreed upon.
No. Bc they called me a day later telling me that have Rubicon coming but each one was missing some options I wanted.
Sponsored