I never thought I’d say this

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
I enjoy the hot temps of summertime and I'm not a big fan of the cold but living in MT, it's inevitable. I just need it to hold off a bit longer before it hits. I close on my house Thursday and will spend the weekend moving in. I'd rather move when it's 90+ then anything less than 60. Then the following weekend I'll be driving to Nampa to pick up my new JLUR before taking a meandering route back along a portion of the IDBDR. Hopefully the weather will stay nice for me.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It was very hot here in Pasadena. And the heat came pretty early this year. Today the temperatures dropped to highs of 80s and we should have a perfect weekend with highs of 70. Thank God cause my A/C bill was taking all my Jeep funds. Definitely excited for fall and winter and perfect 60s and 70s socal weather.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
...but I’m glad fall is around the corner.

This summer was brutal. We got no rain for 3 or 4 months here in the PNW. We had two tough heat waves; the wildfires kept everyone on edge, and the smoke made the air unbreathable

It started to rain again. We’ve had 2 rainy days in the past week, and the 10-day forecast calls for a combination of sunny and rainy days.

I spent the afternoon yesterday doing yard work. I had neglected it. Everything looks brown; a few plants have died from the heat and the drought, but a few others have done well and grown fast. Green shoots are starting to reappear. Things seem to be getting back to normal.

I engaged the Selec-Trac over the weekend. The Jeep drives and feels so much better with it engaged. Soon enough snow will be back! :like:

Life is good.

Anyone else looking forward to the end of summer and Jeeping in winter?
Yesss!!!! 🥵

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I guess ive been lucky this summer! Haven't had as much rain as we would like, but just enough to keep things green. In the Black Hills, its fairly warm in the summer, but any particular day can be down in the 70s, even through Dec. Its crazy.

Jeep Wrangler JL I never thought I’d say this WhatsApp Image 2021-06-04 at 5.37.12 PM

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Up here in Alberta Canada, we had a very hot and dry summer. Plenty of days in June, July and August that hit 90-100F. We had no rain through much of late July/August, but now that harvest is here it’s come.

I don’t look forward to winter. Autumn I love, but winter in Canada is both long and dark. I would love to live down south, if I could. I’ve got family in Missouri and have vacationed a number of times in Arizona….

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Fall is my favorite time of the year in Michigan. The season following, not so much.
Yep. Our southern / west coast Brethren don’t get the joys of experiencing winter quite the way we do (I am a transplant from just north and west of you - Manitoba). I have had southern visitors who wondered what -40C was in Fahrenheit (the temp reading on my dash). They were absolutely appalled when I explained -40C IS -40F. They had no idea that kind of temperature existed anywhere on this planet, it is so hostile to life. I see Michigan has also had lows in the mid -40s in Jan, Feb and March. Let’s both hope for a relatively mild winter!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I engaged the Selec-Trac over the weekend. The Jeep drives and feels so much better with it engaged. Soon enough snow will be back! :like:
I would just like to point out that this is almost certainly all in your head. Your transfer case is doing nothing the vast majority of the time you are in part time 4wd.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Fall is my favorite time of year. I don’t like the heat in Sacramento (I’m a Bay Area girl, go Giants!) and I love fall color. The best thing about working from home is that I can keep my top down and doors off longer.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I always look forward to winter. It was a pretty typical summer here in S. Cal. Plenty of very hot days and some not so hot days. At least we don’t have the humidity but haven’t seen a drop of rain in about 6 months. Looking forward to skiing again. Only skied 4 days in the last 2 years due to covid and a broken collarbone from a mountain bike fall. But as much as I like snow, l like being able to come home to more mild weather. Don’t think I could handle a full winter of it.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I always look forward to winter. It was a pretty typical summer here in S. Cal. Plenty of very hot days and some not so hot days. At least we don’t have the humidity but haven’t seen a drop of rain in about 6 months. Looking forward to skiing again. Only skied 4 days in the last 2 years due to covid and a broken collarbone from a mountain bike fall. But as much as I like snow, l like being able to come home to more mild weather. Don’t think I could handle a full winter of it.
Looking forward to lots of snowboarding this season as well. Should be a good time hopefully we get some decent snow locally and in the Sierras.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Looking forward to lots of snowboarding this season as well. Should be a good time hopefully we get some decent snow locally and in the Sierras.
ever been to mount Baldy? Right after a big storm. the terrain is crazy.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
ever been to mount Baldy? Right after a big storm. the terrain is crazy.
Funny you ask. I haven’t. But I have watched a ton of videos on YouTube though. Some of the “back country” skiing on baldy after a big storm is mind blowing.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Funny you ask. I haven’t. But I have watched a ton of videos on YouTube though. Some of the “back country” skiing on baldy after a big storm is mind blowing.
World class. A hidden gem. track the weather and go right after a big storm, the snow melts fast.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
World class. A hidden gem. track the weather and go right after a big storm, the snow melts fast.
Will do! I know the way it faces it’s closed before summit or bear.
Sponsored