Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
...but I’m glad fall is around the corner.

This summer was brutal. We got no rain for 3 or 4 months here in the PNW. We had two tough heat waves; the wildfires kept everyone on edge, and the smoke made the air unbreathable

It started to rain again. We’ve had 2 rainy days in the past week, and the 10-day forecast calls for a combination of sunny and rainy days.

I spent the afternoon yesterday doing yard work. I had neglected it. Everything looks brown; a few plants have died from the heat and the drought, but a few others have done well and grown fast. Green shoots are starting to reappear. Things seem to be getting back to normal.

I engaged the Selec-Trac over the weekend. The Jeep drives and feels so much better with it engaged. Soon enough snow will be back! :like:

Life is good.

Anyone else looking forward to the end of summer and Jeeping in winter?
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

We're finally seeing the first hints of fall in Texas - it's in the high 80s in the afternoon, mid 60s in the morning, and I'm LOVING it.

After I drop my kids off at school, I can drop the Sunrider, roll the windows down, click the seat and steering wheel heaters on and just cruise all the way home.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It's been a strange one boys. I was one of the ones without power for days in -3* temps in the February storm in Texas. Then Portland was like 117* while it was like 90* here this summer.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Here in the Northeast, or perhaps i'm considered the Northern Mid-Atlantic, we've had about as normal a year as one can have. Couple heat waves, couple bad storms, one tropical storm. Even our winter this year was pretty classic. Spring arrived on time and so did summer, though it looks like fall may be late (based on the current forecast which has been pretty useless in recent years).

Life will be good when the new wheels arrive. Getting tired of looking at the stack of tires sitting my garage.

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
We had a wet one here in Arizona, but that’s after two very dry ones. I know how hard this summer has been on many people along the west coast, especially (plus the victims of Ida). So yes, bring on fall! Bring on football! Bring on nice camping weather! I’m in.

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

...but I’m glad fall is around the corner.

This summer was brutal. We got no rain for 3 or 4 months here in the PNW. We had two tough heat waves; the wildfires kept everyone on edge, and the smoke made the air unbreathable

It started to rain again. We’ve had 2 rainy days in the past week, and the 10-day forecast calls for a combination of sunny and rainy days.

I spent the afternoon yesterday doing yard work. I had neglected it. Everything looks brown; a few plants have died from the heat and the drought, but a few others have done well and grown fast. Green shoots are starting to reappear. Things seem to be getting back to normal.

I engaged the Selec-Trac over the weekend. The Jeep drives and feels so much better with it engaged. Soon enough snow will be back! :like:

Life is good.

Anyone else looking forward to the end of summer and Jeeping in winter?
So true. I can't wait for fall, although it normally lasts only a couple of weeks here. It's been a brutal summer. We are planning on moving to Gig Harbor next year. Looking forward to it . Visiting again this winter for a little bit to check out the climate, although I'm sure if the last 1.5 years is any metric, it might be an abnormal winter as well.

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I can't wait for fall weather either. It was 101 degrees here last Wednesday, and the last time we saw any appreciable rain was back in March.

The extreme drought has caused our back roads to turn into silt beds. In some places the silt is so deep the axles are leveling it. Not a place you'd want to be with top and doors off!

I'm also ready for the rains to put out the California fires so we can get back to clear skies again. We've had to breathe thick smoke most days since the middle of June.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I hear ya, though I have to say July was about as perfect as it gets here in the PNW, I was so hoping that my Jeep would have arrived in time to at least enjoy having the top off for a month or so before fall gets here.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Yep, I'm in So. Oregon and the air quality index (AQI) has been dismal. We're lucky if it gets into the "moderate" category, from the very unhealthy or unhealthy categories. It's been another long, hot, and extremely smoky summer. In the last month we've had one day of "good" air quality. If it would just rain for a day or two in a row it would make all the difference and people could feel good about going outside.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
YES. We saw 117* out here in the Mojave desert multiple times. It has consistently been 102-107. I’m ready for cool weather. I’ve had the top and doors off since mid-July so I’m more than ready for a change of pace!

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Yep, I'm in So. Oregon and the air quality index (AQI) has been dismal. We're lucky if it gets into the "moderate" category, from the very unhealthy or unhealthy categories. It's been another long, hot, and extremely smoky summer. In the last month we've had one day of "good" air quality. If it would just rain for a day or two in a row it would make all the difference and people could feel good about going outside.
The winds were favorable here in the Seattle area - we had maybe 2 days with high overhead smoke, but nothing like what you have had. That heavy think wild fire smoke at ground level is miserable.

Was there any relief at the coast?

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Summer is hanging tough here in SW CO so far. Pictures from past years mostly have snowy mountain peaks but we are still in the 80's during the day. Thankfully summer was normal here. We had a healthy monsoon season in July and have had occasional rains since. I have never been a summer person. I can't wait for winter. The reality is, ours starts and finishes late, usually Dec-May. These are my favorite days though...

Jeep Wrangler JL I never thought I’d say this IMG_0688.JPG
Sponsored