Sponsored

I need to verify Rubicon wheels will work with the Sahara/Sport stock tire carrier.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Just a simple swap of the wheel/tire or are there fitment, bump stop, rear bumper issues.

Thanks!
Sponsored

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
Just a simple swap of the wheel/tire or are there fitment, bump stop, rear bumper issues.

Thanks!
I put Rubicon take off's (BFG Goodrich KO2) on my Sport last Friday. The only issue I had was that there is a plastic cover that was over my camera that would not fit back over the camera once the Rubicon wheel tire was put back on the spare tire carrier so I took it off.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I put Rubicon take off's (BFG Goodrich KO2) on my Sport last Friday. The only issue I had was that there is a plastic cover that was over my camera that would not fit back over the camera once the Rubicon wheel tire was put back on the spare tire carrier so I took it off.
Hmm. That sounds odd. You’d think the center bores would be the same.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I had no issues, but we did raise the brake light by taking out the screws, sliding the bar up, and reattaching it with one screw on each side.

Hmm. That sounds odd. You’d think the center bores would be the same.
The center bore isn't the issue... @FormerF150Owner most likely has a Sport with steel wheels, and the cap is longer because the steel wheel has a much thinner surface where the wheel bolts on. I had to get a different cover for mine because I had steelies as well. Since your Sahara already has aluminum rims you'll be good to go with your OEM cover.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I had no issues, but we did raise the brake light by taking out the screws, sliding the bar up, and reattaching it with one screw on each side.

The center bore isn't the issue... @FormerF150Owner most likely has a Sport with steel wheels, and the cap is longer because the steel wheel has a much thinner surface where the wheel bolts on. I had to get a different cover for mine because I had steelies as well. Since your Sahara already has aluminum rims you'll be good to go with your OEM cover.
I appreciate that!

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020

What you stated is 100% correct. Can you let me know what type of alternate cover you purchased?

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher