First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
OK, looks like I’ll be ordering a JLU on Monday.
And I cannot decide on a damn color!!!

Here are the choices you have the decide among:

Red
White
Ocean Blue
Granite Crystal

Now, a rule:

If you have one of those colors listed, you need to tell me your second choice! Don’t vote for your own color.

For the record, I’m leaning white, then red, then blue, then granite.

And yes, I did take a laser temp sensor to the dealership a couple days ago to see what the temps were like on each color...

Sunset, 6pm in Cali. Measured on the lip of the hood, just above the grille, where the sun was hitting directly:

White was 63 degrees
Red was 68 degrees
Ocean Blue was 72 degrees
Granite Crystal was 74 degrees

...because more data can never hurt, right?!
Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Of your choices, I vote either Red or Ocean blue...I'm in SoCal, and you see many, many gray jeeps and white Jeeps here...of course, whichever color makes you happy is what you should do...;)

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
The white is a bit cooler and they look really tight when they're clean but in addition to reflecting infrared, the white reflects most everything else and I don't like looking out over that glare on long trips.

I love red jeeps because they look like toys and that's part of my love for jeeps - in addition to everything else good about them, they take me back to being a kid.

I like the granite as well, it's a beautiful paint but a bit too serious for me.

Sponsored

Rolling Ragu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just ordered last week. I tried to involve the whole family (4) in on the color decision. The kids were pretty firm, but my wife and I would change our minds each day of the week. As a family, we could agree on white or red. In the end, I couldn't let go of the idea that a Wrangler is supposed to stand out. I trumped them all and ordered HellaYella!

What I realized through the process is that we liked ALL colors enough to be happy. I knew whatever was ordered would be ours and we would enjoy. Don't sweat it so much. If you're having this much trouble, then you can live with any of the options.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Bikini for my first choice of current colors. Mojito! Is the best. Ocean Blue of the colors in the poll. White, Grey, Black Booooring! I just don’t like Red but it stands out at least. Ocean Blue kinda boring but it does look Amazing in the sunlight. Whatever you do pick enjoy your new Jeep.

OP
OP
sportsguy

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
Thanks gang! I appreciate the insights and info shared! It IS clear to me I’m over thinking this, and it IS clear now that something posted here is 100% true: I’ll be happy with any of my choices!

My choice is staggeringly obvious now!

Buy a red Jeep!!!

...then add a wrap that fades to white, then granite, and ends in blue!

(No, I won’t do this...)

I think I’ll ride the motorcycle back over to the dealership and do some more color staring today. Why not?

Appreciate your input and thoughts gang!

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Red is a great choice. I also think that Bronze wheels look awesome on red.

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
I struggled with color as well.. I kept going back and fourth between White and Red. I live in Arizona and I feel white is more practical and easier to keep clean with our dust. However I really liked the red too and sometimes wanted something a little brighter....
For me it came down to this, If I ordered a Rubicon it would have been white. If a Sport it would be Red. In the end being honest with myself, I really didn't need a Rubicon.
I just picked up my Red Sport on Friday. I'm happy with it But I understand the color struggle. LOL.
IMG_4274s.jpg

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Of the colors listed, I would probably go Ocean Blue. Probably the "least" common color of those listed. But any of the colors look good. The reason I chose my Mojito is because I doubt I would get that color (or something similar) on any other vehicle. Almost all of my previous cars have been white/silver/black. I thought about red, but I could see getting that color on something different in the future.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Also something to consider, metallic paint is tougher to match if you ever need to do any paint correction down the road.
OP, good luck w/ your choice, let us know what you end up with!

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Thanks gang! I appreciate the insights and info shared! It IS clear to me I’m over thinking this, and it IS clear now that something posted here is 100% true: I’ll be happy with any of my choices!

My choice is staggeringly obvious now!

Buy a red Jeep!!!

...then add a wrap that fades to white, then granite, and ends in blue!

(No, I won’t do this...)

I think I’ll ride the motorcycle back over to the dealership and do some more color staring today. Why not?

Appreciate your input and thoughts gang!
Since you mentioned wrap. I got Sting Gray but I wished Orange Crush was still available (the color of my '12 JKUR). However, I saw this Vette this morning and it got me thinking about wraps.

IMG_0794.jpeg

Mdmorrissey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
I just went through this same dilema this past spring. Couldn't decide between white and black. Went back and forth daily. At the dealership, they told me that it "would come to me" and as I took turns sitting in both a white and black Rubicon, it finally did - loved the white with the red and black accents. We live in Miami beach and it just felt "beachy" as well. Once I decided, I felt a huge weight lift from my shoulders and I have never looked back nor had any regrets. Good luck with the decision, but I don't think you can go wrong.

Jeep.JPG
Sponsored