@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Got a oxx coffee box today for the Jeep and really like it but the AC plug does not have enough juice. How can I get more juice to the rear cargo area.

It needs 120 volts

https://oxx.com/coffeeboxx/

I would love to make this work in the JL Rubicon. Do I need an inverter ran to back of the Jeep. Do I run that off the battery?
Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got a oxx coffee box today for the Jeep and really like it but the AC plug does not have enough juice. How can I get more juice to the rear cargo area.

It needs 120 volts

https://oxx.com/coffeeboxx/

I would love to make this work in the JL Rubicon. Do I need an inverter ran to back of the Jeep. Do I run that off the battery?
You should have an AC outlet in the passenger seating area. It is a 120 volt outlet supporting a device that requires up to 150 watts. Not sure how many watts the coffee maker needs, but because it has to heat water it may be higher than 150 watts.

EDIT: The CoffeeBox requires 1450 Watts. The onboard inverter will not work.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
You should have an AC outlet in the passenger seating area. It is a 120 volt outlet supporting a device that requires up to 150 watts. Not sure how many watts the coffee maker needs, but because it has to heat water it may be higher than 150 watts.
Thank you it needs 1450 Watts. What are my best option of it is possible?

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thank you it needs 1450 Watts. What are my best option of it is possible?
I only know about the onboard inverter. Let’s see if anyone has suggestions about an after market one.

Sponsored

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
That unit is pretty power hungry.. should go slightly oversized with a inverter so you don’t run into overload issues say a 2k would be best. Something like this.. I don’t know much about this specific unit just pointing out what is needed itself. Do your own research on brands etc. it will require a pretty good size DC cable as this kit uses 2 each for power and ground. Also.. some appliances do not like power from a digital wave form and a pure sine wave form like in your home is the best option you may want to consider although they do cost more. Whatever you do make sure it works before doing a full install.

https://www.amazon.com/POTEK-2000W-Power-Inverter-Outlets/dp/B01N9PREQR

Todkavonic

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moto Guzzi, Ducati, BMW, Lincoln, Land Rover
Let's see...

Con: 1) Looks like you have to spend $140 on an inverter to get the necessary wattage. 2) You need to pack ground coffee or beans and a grinder (hand-held would suffice). 3) You need to bring or have access to filtered water or an inline filter with the machine. 4) You possibly need sugar/milk/cream, measuring spoon, mug/yeti. 5) there's clean up and cleaning materials. 6) the above will occupy space.

Pro: coffee!

That's a no-brainer if ever I saw one

/love coffee
//drinking some right now

Last edited:

Sponsored

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Check out 12V coffee makers for use in RVs. Know nothing about quality or required wattage. Found 388 on Amazon.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I had read (red) here, I can't find the thread at the moment, that one of the dual battery kit makers for the JK is releasing their product for the JL, that may also have, besides the benefits of dual batteries that the JK enjoyed, those batteries replacing the JL's ESS battery.

I can't speak to the electronics of batteries in series or parallel possibly generating more wattage or how that's done.

As alluded to, finding the path of least resistance (no pun intended) here may be best, whether that involves the pre-packaged thermos or the small generator, if fresh coffee is worth it to you enough.

Good luck. Let us know what you did.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Stanley Travel Coffee Press

Use the engine exhaust header heat to heat the water. No power needed. :)

A8FAF2AC-A21B-4FE4-B71F-7119586131B4.jpeg

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t even drink coffee. Got for hot cocoa for and Instant hot water for soups.

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
If you decide to add an inverter make sure you run an appropriate size wire to the battery with a fuse at the battery. Also make sure you ground the unit to bare metal.
Sponsored