First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
not to get off topic, but does car fax report that a vehicle was in an accident when it involve a trailer of any kind. meaning you are towing a trailer and someone runs into the trailer. (no damage to the vehicle). i heard something like that and wasnt sure if that true or not.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
not to get off topic, but does car fax report that a vehicle was in an accident when it involve a trailer of any kind. meaning you are towing a trailer and someone runs into the trailer. (no damage to the vehicle). i heard something like that and wasnt sure if that true or not.
Not sure, I would imagine if the License or Vin of vehicle is somehow recorded from accident it could be.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’ve seen CarFax reports that show “impact with animal”. If there was a police report taken with VIN, anything is possible. Sometimes it shows on a report years after the event occurred.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Bummer. Usually CarFax errs on the side of NOT reporting things that occur, but this is somewhat unique. I suppose though, not much different than getting credit report, only to find some CC company claimed you missed a payment on a card you have never had...
Definitely strange to have something show up showing an accident that never occurred while I owned the car in a state I’ve never been to with that car.

You would think that CarFox could use data driven confirmation for make, model, owner vs. driver, color of vehicle & location of incident, etc. not hard to do vs. false reporting which devalues the car and the carfax credibility & brand.

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Take it over to Car Max and get an appraisal for free. They will run a Carfax for free as part of the appraisal process.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
You would think that CarFox could use data driven confirmation for make, model, owner vs. driver, color of vehicle & location of incident, etc. not hard to do vs. false reporting which devalues the car and the carfax credibility & brand.
It's all about quantity, not quality. I once had an insurance company for someone else who was in an accident, claim it was me who hit them when I was not in the state - took a lot of letter-writing and phone calls, and finally threats to pursue in court, before they ceased trying to involve me in something I had no involvement in.
You might have a potential diminution in value claim in small claims court in some states - not sure about FL...I'd threaten CarFax with that in a detailed demand letter and see where it gets you...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
It's all about quantity, not quality. I once had an insurance company for someone else who was in an accident, claim it was me who hit them when I was not in the state - took a lot of letter-writing and phone calls, and finally threats to pursue in court, before they ceased trying to involve me in something I had no involvement in.
You might have a potential diminution in value claim in small claims court in some states - not sure about FL...I'd threaten CarFax with that in a detailed demand letter and see where it gets you...
I submitted the dispute through the CarFax site. We’ll see what their response is to the dispute.
I was nice but direct. If they don’t correct it I’ll let them know a law suit might be the next step. It’s not that hard to file a claim in small claims court but I’m hoping not to have to go that route.

OP
OP
Gangplank

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Ok well that was quick. I lodged my dispute and a day or so later I got an email noting that they researched it and corrected the CarFax report. Easy as that.... Of course it might have helped that I am able to put ,Esq. after my name. I'm just happy they were able to get it corrected.
Sponsored