I need a backup camera extender...

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
This is driving me nuts. I have Fuel Cleavers and Falken Wildpeak AT 35s. Every time I go in reverse, I get the backup obstacle warning tone because my wheel partially obscures the camera. Has anybody made a spare mount that simply extends the camera? I’m ready to completely disable my backup warnings

D9546A00-60DC-4905-8847-F84BA5793490.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
kogar

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
I checked there. The problem is that nothing seems to be designed to _just_ extend the camera. The ADD solution, for instance, would run me about $3000 out of pocket, because I have to buy their rear bumper/carrier along with the camera extender. I might as well go borrow somebody's welding setup and hack up an extension :(

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
This is driving me nuts. I have Fuel Cleavers and Falken Wildpeak AT 35s. Every time I go in reverse, I get the backup obstacle warning tone because my wheel partially obscures the camera. Has anybody made a spare mount that simply extends the camera? I’m ready to completely disable my backup warnings

I bought a cover and ended up returning it. I did not like the fit around the camera. I was unable to put he camera shield back on. I felt the view was an obstructed. They need to make the whole for the camera larger.

BigBeard

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a brand new never installed LOD Off-road camera relocation kit, uses a longer spindle thingy, check it out on their website, I'll sell it to you for 80 shipped ($120 normally)

Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU

We offer a camera relocation kit for our tire carrier, it may not work for you if your using the oem carrier.
Unfortunately, If your reverse sensors are going off, its your tire size and position that is the problem. The camera has nothing to do with it... Short and simple, get a smaller tire or move the tire up. We have a tire riser kit that raises the tire 2 inches, this may help you...but not guaranteed.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Like LoD said, it has nothing to do with the camera. It’s your bumper sensors.

Cricket

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon
I have a brand new never installed LOD Off-road camera relocation kit, uses a longer spindle thingy, check it out on their website, I'll sell it to you for 80 shipped ($120 normally)
You still it ?

Cricket

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon
We offer a camera relocation kit for our tire carrier, it may not work for you if your using the oem carrier.
Unfortunately, If your reverse sensors are going off, its your tire size and position that is the problem. The camera has nothing to do with it... Short and simple, get a smaller tire or move the tire up. We have a tire riser kit that raises the tire 2 inches, this may help you...but not guaranteed.
What is the distance from whare it bokts up to the far edge of camera on the lod camera extender. I have 37s with 4in offsett . Having same issiue with view. I chopped of the camera mount off the factory setup and put it on. Its 7in to tip

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
What is the distance from whare it bokts up to the far edge of camera on the lod camera extender. I have 37s with 4in offsett . Having same issiue with view. I chopped of the camera mount off the factory setup and put it on. Its 7in to tip
I'm not quite sure what your asking?

Sponsored

Pascool

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jLU
91D8E43D-C5E3-4A9B-8954-A495F8925E65.jpeg
I bought a cover and ended up returning it. I did not like the fit around the camera. I was unable to put he camera shield back on. I felt the view was an obstructed. They need to make the whole for the camera larger.
Is there any companies working on a solution to extend the backup camera mount. I just put 20x9 rims on amd of I moun the center cap on with the very center popped out, it significanlty takes away the viewing area of the camera.
I checked there. The problem is that nothing seems to be designed to _just_ extend the camera. The ADD solution, for instance, would run me about $3000 out of pocket, because I have to buy their rear bumper/carrier along with the camera extender. I might as well go borrow somebody's welding setup and hack up an extension :(
Is there any companies working on a solution that allows the camera barrel to be extended. There
Is a picture with the center cap mounted and one not mounted. I would like to mount the center cap, but it significantly impairs the viewing area.

8D98BBEF-18E4-4C96-B9DD-A2B7FC73ADCD.jpeg

Datacache

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Has anything new come out that addresses the backup camera, OEM spare mount and larger aftermarket wheels and tires? The camera still works, it is just like looking through a tunnel. I need to extend the camera about 3-4 inches to get outside of my Fuel Hardline wheel.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Bumped for also having this question. I have the Mopar wheels and would like an extender for the backup camera.
Sponsored