Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
Factory lights are getting brighter but many drivers are not. I have LEDs on my Rubicon and would occasionally get flashed. I adjusted the lights after I got it lifted so I wouldn’t blind oncoming cars and that helped.
Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I get flashed most nights in the Jeep while running low beams. Been happening since the first day. Lift actually helped by raising the rear a little more than the front. What a difference from the JKs! The ice build-up on the LEDs in winter is rather scary though.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
New LED headlights on any vehicle are bright as fuck, and hard on the eye balls no matter what the age!

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
There is also the fact that you can buy replacement bulbs that are three times brighter than stock. Note a lot of lights will sat in tiny letters "for off road use only".

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Living in a time when technology does everything for us, has rendered many drivers stupid.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
One of the things I like about the SwitchPros system, is the little pink wire. It's a trigger wire that can be programmed to activate up to 4 different switches. I hooked it into the highbeam circuit, for special occasions.
Jeep Wrangler JL I must be getting old... 20210131_185424
Jeep Wrangler JL I must be getting old... 20210127_200435

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Jeeps, especially rubis or otherwise lifted, and especially with LEDs, positively blind oncoming even without high beams. I can’t really speak for Sports. It’s possible that oncoming traffic is beaming you back in protest. I adjusted my lights, far fewer flashing me or running high beams.

Stating the obvious, but lifting a couple inches really helps with getting your eyes above the light beams of oncoming.
I completely agree. I have never owned a vehicle that gets so many flashes with the low beams. I have lowered them since week one of ownership, but every time I drive it at night I start the game of counting how many flickers I get. I don't know why from the factory they're adjusted so high. But like everybody else says, lights now a days are brighter than they use to be. The biggest offenders are the ones who put HID/LEDs into housings not designed for them. I don't think they understand that all that extra light is wasted on where the light shouldn't be. I see it all the time on my drive to work at 9pm.

On the flip side, I refrain the best I can from using my auxiliary lights in a pissing match. I reserve it for the ones who don't understand the flicker I give in return and wait for them to escalate. Seldom does it ever evolve into who's off road lights are brighter.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
One of my favorite mods to date I have done on my JLUR is add a piece of window tint to the top of the Windshield. It is approximately 5 inches wide. It is almost into my direct line of sight. I can easily look under it for normal driving, and with just a slight tilt of my head up, I look through the tinted part of the windshield. So when on coming vehicles with bright lights are coming at me, a slight tilt of my head and I see them through the tinted part of the windshield and I am no longer blinded. Now I never have to put down a visor as I can just look through the tinted part and then as soon as the blinding light is gone, look back through normal clear windshield.

When I first had it installed, I did not particularly like it. after a few days of getting used to it, I now love it. A local shop charged me $40 for the tint and install. In the picture below, you can see the strip of tint across the top part of my windshield.

If you hate bright oncoming lights, this is a fantastic solution fo about $40.

Jeep Wrangler JL I must be getting old... 1613043688204

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Are you sure it is High Beams and not the fact that headlight technology is advancing in the name of safety? New lights and LED's throw a lot of light at you now. I think its more that than anything. I have flashed people my brights to tell em to shut off theirs and when i get up on em i notice that the lights are just bright.....

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
It seems that every other vehicle I pass at night has their bright lights on. If they're not coming towards me, they are behind me blinding me. It drives me nuts!!
I can flick my headlights for oncoming, but what do you do for those behind you? Any aux switches to flick some rear LEDs?
It seems that every other vehicle I pass at night has their bright lights on. If they're not coming towards me, they are behind me blinding me. It drives me nuts!!
I can flick my headlights for oncoming, but what do you do for those behind you? Any aux switches to flick some rear LEDs?

Sponsored

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
Are you sure it is High Beams and not the fact that headlight technology is advancing in the name of safety? New lights and LED's throw a lot of light at you now. I think its more that than anything. I have flashed people my brights to tell em to shut off theirs and when i get up on em i notice that the lights are just bright.....
I think “one” issue is the ability to purchase aftermarket led bulbs and then they get installed into a housing that is not designed for them. The amount of “splash” for lack of a better term, is crazy.
However, there is definitely merit in what you are saying that even factory LED’s are super bright.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Its horrible around here. So many people driving with brights on. I hate it.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I also wonder what % of that is people putting LED bulbs into the wrong housing. It seems more common now and from what I hear its easy to blind other drivers that way.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
Ordered my '18, & '20 JLU Sports with NO Tint. Had 20% Mirror installed on all glass except the ones in the two front doors. This included a 3" strip across the top of windshield. All this to reflect sunshine heat in Oklahoma. Dark tint windows absorb heat; then you get into infrared to the interior. To sweeten the deal ,rear window 20% Mirror reflects hi beams back to the Perp. I can look at my windows, & see how handsome I am. Handsome? In the eye of the beholder, maybe?