Sponsored

I Moved to Colorado

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
Congrats to you! I have lived there 5 times, in 5 different areas, and hope to retire back there. Southwest area is my favorite, but all of the Colorado mountain areas are just plain breathtaking. Enjoy!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Congrats. Truly one of the most beautiful states. I have spent a ton of time there and driven some of the most awesome roads. When we were looking it was on the short list if it were not for becoming the Kalifornia of the Rockies.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
As a Michigander, I say congrats. I have wheeled most of Michigan, by Jeep, ATV, SXS, snowmobile or horseback. I have also wheeled some in Colorado and vacationed in Colorado and because of that I am envious. But I am not far behind you. I am retired and my wife retires in about 19 months. We plan on spending a bunch of time in Colorado.

Just remember to post up pics to keep us other Michiganders motivated and to give us something to dream about as the Michigan grey skies have had a chokehold on us lately.

Sponsored

Scooter2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport / 2022 F250 / 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Black Steer - Steak sandwich. Trust me.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Not all of us long time Coloradoans are unwelcoming to "outsiders"- all we ask is now that you're here, be nice and don't tell us how much you wish Colorado was more like wherever you relocated from. But from a Jeeper's standpoint, please be respectful on the trails. There are many pressures working to limit ORV access statewide, so it's imperative we all "stay the trail", drive safely and play well with others when we encounter them.

I would strongly suggest joing the Mile-Hi Jeep Club (mhjc.clubexpress.com), a Colorado institution since 1956. We have several hundred members, and many individual "Patrols", who are certain to provide the kind of off-road experience suitable for your personality, vehicle and skills. It's a great way to meet fellow Colorado jeepers and see new trails, as well as a great opportunity to join others in giving back to the community!

Welcome!

Last edited:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I don't go down the hill anymore.I just stay up here.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I don't go down the hill anymore.I just stay up here.
Wish I still lived up the hill- envious of you. Love Denver, but loved Glenwood so much more. Awesome wheeling and not crowded at all!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RockyMtnHigh

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Already started that descent unfortunately.....decades ago.
One could argue that the decent started with the first pioneers. Everywhere get's more populated, and people like to travel. I'm here to enjoy the mountains. I have no intentions of destroying them.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
One could argue that the decent started with the first pioneers. Everywhere get's more populated, and people like to travel. I'm here to enjoy the mountains. I have no intentions of destroying them.
Life is change.

Adapt.

If you are not happy, move.

I expect a meet up for trail fun and beer. :beer:

KPersCO

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon, '13 WRX Wagon
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome and congrats on the move. The funtreks books are great start on trail recommendations. When I moved hear 7 years ago I mainly just found people to wheel with on forums or facebook groups. I'll second the Mile-Hi Jeep Club haven't joined yet but have ran into and shot the shit with members before and always hear good things. I have nothing but good things to say about Prestige the dealership up in Longmont which is up your way. Can't say I've had any great experiences at any of the Larry H Millers or the Auto Nation's in the metro area.

Be prepared to smile nod and move on from all the GET OFF MY LAWN people. For every person that loves what the state has to offer and understands that cool places attract people there's another person ready to bitch about traffic and tell you how it used to be.

See ya on the trail!
Sponsored