I Moved to Colorado

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Truly a lifelong dream of mine, even before my first visit. I'm finally able to make good on my user name :like: (and for the skeptics, here's John Denver explaining why his song isn't about weed. <-- Click) I know there are many Coloradans who disapprove of outsiders moving in, but it's truly great to be here.

Anyway, I was just looking for advice on the best winter trails, dealerships (for service) and whether or not I should join a Jeep club. I know there's the Denver group on this forum, I'm in Loveland, that might be a little far. Since I got here, I've gone on a few "proper" trails, but even just driving the winding dirt roads through the mountains is an exponential improvement from the two tracks of Michigan (Sorry Michiganders). For those of you who are also here in the mountains, I hope to see you on the trail!

IMG_20200103_120720.jpg
Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Truly a lifelong dream of mine, even before my first visit. I'm finally able to make good on my user name :like: (and for the skeptics, here's John Denver explaining why his song isn't about weed. <-- Click) I know there are many Coloradans who disapprove of outsiders moving in, but it's truly great to be here.

Anyway, I was just looking for advice on the best winter trails, dealerships (for service) and whether or not I should join a Jeep club. I know there's the Denver group on this forum, I'm in Loveland, that might be a little far. Since I got here, I've gone on a few "proper" trails, but even just driving the winding dirt roads through the mountains is an exponential improvement from the two tracks of Michigan (Sorry Michiganders). For those of you who are also here in the mountains, I hope to see you on the trail!

IMG_20200103_120720.jpg
It's not about weed. It's about fentanyl. Puff the Magic Dragon is about weed.

Bmcconnell85

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I'm up in Fort Collins. I'm another transplant that moved out about 2 years ago. The Mountaineers are a Larimer County Off Road Club (https://www.facebook.com/mountaineers4x4/) I've been out with them a few times as a guest and have always had a good time. They go out at least once a month. There are a number of other groups up here too if you search on Facebook. As far as finding trails I recommend https://www.trailsoffroad.com/. You have to pay for full access but it is by far the most up to date and detailed trail resource available out here. I've only been to the Fort Collins Jeep dealership once but they treated me great. I haven't been to any of the other nearby ones. Welcome to Northern Colorado! Hope to see you out on the trails some time.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual

IMG_20200103_120720.jpg

Congratulations. Lucky you. :clap:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Welcome! Just enjoy. We are over near Vail. Look is up if you’re nearby this summer. We can help you find a few areas out here.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Congrats. I've got my short list of places to relocate and almost all of them are Western US. Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough..

Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the move! Colorado is about the only place I would choose to live if I ever decide to leave the PNW. Well...Colorado, and New Zealand.

MJM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2004 GC Limited, 2018 Silverado LTZ, 2000 GMC Sierra SLT, 2000 Camaro SS
Been here for 43 years now. I can't imagine why anyone would want to move here. It snows 9 months out of the year and the other 3 are hot as hell. The mountains are way overcrowded and it will take 4 hours to get up there on the weekends and 5 to get back. The paved roads are worse the off-road trails in some states and everything is way overpriced here. I'm sure you will love it.

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Been here for 43 years now. I can't imagine why anyone would want to move here. It snows 9 months out of the year and the other 3 are hot as hell. The mountains are way overcrowded and it will take 4 hours to get up there on the weekends and 5 to get back. The paved roads are worse the off-road trails in some states and everything is way overpriced here. I'm sure you will love it.
Wow, where exactly do you live? Denver? Boulder? I've been to other places in CO a number of times and it's nothing like that. Besides, talk about overpriced...been to the west coast lately?

MJM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2004 GC Limited, 2018 Silverado LTZ, 2000 GMC Sierra SLT, 2000 Camaro SS
I didn't say there weren't more overpriced places, or places with even worse traffic. Just that the Denver metro are is getting more ridiculous by the day. I would put Saturday morning traffic up I-70 into the mountains up against any traffic anywhere as being at or near the worst there is.

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't say there weren't more overpriced places, or places with even worse traffic. Just that the Denver metro are is getting more ridiculous by the day. I would put Saturday morning traffic up I-70 into the mountains up against any traffic anywhere as being at or near the worst there is.
I hear you. I grew up in LA and lived in San Francisco, so I know about traffic and such. So I would never move to Denver. For me, a move to CO would be to a much smaller place, and farther west.
Sponsored