First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7, 82 CJ7, 88 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2008 JKUR, 2012 JK sport
Occupation
VA Doc
So i have had 2 cj7's, 1 TJ, 1YJ, and two JkUR's I currently drive a fully loaded raptor. With all the fun that the raptor is I still long for the jeep lifestyle; doors off with the leg hanging out catching the breeze. .....Sorry I got lost for a moment in memories. Anyhow; The raptor is worth 16,000 more now one year later than when I bought it new so I am super tempted to trade it in on a new Rubicon diesel. How are the JL's handling the I-70 winter skiing drive? Any issues with the cold temps screwing with the diesels? Any recommendations of dealerships to buy from? Anyone want to trade for the weekend; Ha just kidding.
Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
You should just go all out and get the 392 with the block heater. Especially if you’re coming from a Raptor. I feel like you may miss the power and torque by going with any other motor variants. But maybe others with the different version would be more knowledgeable. I have the 3.6L and have never driven the Diesel. The 3.6L is plenty for me, but it makes torque high up around 1800rpm. So it feels like it takes a few seconds to kick in.