Sponsored

I may be parting ways with INDOMINUS tomorrow...

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
It is hard for me to even imagine that I am considering trading INDOMINUS in tomorrow. There are so many factors at play here but the main factors are: being out of warranty now (after having seemingly been in the scv dept about every 3 months since the day I brought her home), the INSANE trade-in offer I received from a nearby Chevy dealer and the fact that with my family's budding farm continuing to grow it has become increasingly clear that my little 8' flat trailer isn't going to cut it and I need a truck.
I am just not sure how I can justify NOT doing this trade tomorrow. When will we be sure our rigs will be worth more than they are right now? My kids and dog are getting bigger and I just feel like it is what is right for our family. I know you all understand- I am having some legit emotional conflict inside about this. It is weird to imagine not waving at passing wranglers, not going topless through the mountains. I mean not even joking, outside of a few $200k+ super cars around, INDOMINUS is the most recognizeable rig in this town. I have had so many families with little kids track me down or stop me in a parking lot and ask me if their JP-obsessed kiddos can check out my Jeep. Part of me feels like I will be letting down my community. That's so fucked up that I fee that way about a vehicle- 4 tires, a sterring wheel and an engine.

The truck tho is badass- new 2500HD lifted, 37s. The thing is massive. It would be so much more practical for us.

Am I crazy? Thanks for tolerating my turmoil texting.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Do It! You live once and yes you will miss INDOMINUS but life has plans for you right now and you need to pay attention to the avenues that can help you grow. In time you will be able to get another and build it out the way you want again. It is a possession that you created and can again! Follow your best instincts they are always right!

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
As you age needs change. I have been in and out of CJ, TJ, JL. You can always come back.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you're having that many issues with it then sell it, and buy a new JL. Buy a cheap truck for the farm. Problems solved šŸ‘Œ

Better yet, buy a new JL. Swap aftermarket/OEM parts around and sell the old jeep with new OEM parts!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I am not sure if this helps, but I know very well what you are going through.

Years (many) ago, I was about to be married, my perceived vehicular needs were changing, and I decided to give up my CJ5 for an F250. My CJ5 was a V8 transplant with many custom items/mods, that I had poured my $ into, and had made it truly ā€œmineā€. It was reliable, and was my DD.

Additionally, it had brought my bride and I together, when a girl I knew told me she had never ridden in a Jeep...our first date (or was it just showing my ā€œfriendā€ what Jeeping was about?)...was a ride through the forested backwoods of the San Bernardino Mountains. (Previous girlfriend disliked riding in the CJ5...I guess that Jeep knew how to pickā€™em better than I did).

I will never forget the day I watched it drive away with itā€™s new owner...and it was not a good feeling.

Well, the F250 was a great truck, and served my needs very well...but it was no Jeep. Less than a year after getting married, I was able to purchase a well-used, but pretty solid bare-bones Jeep (and keep the F250).

Over 40 years later, I am still married to the ā€œJeep rideā€ girl, and I have owned a Jeep continuously since that year or so ā€withoutā€!

So...if the JLUR has to go to meet your current vehicular needs, it may hurt a little now, but it can work out great in due time.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
The truck tho is badass- new 2500HD lifted, 37s. The thing is massive. It would be so much more practical for us.
Yep. In these times of escalating fuel prices, driving a rig with twice the fuel consumption is eminently practical.

...it has become increasingly clear that my little 8' flat trailer isn't going to cut it.
You do realize that the only thing you've done here tonite is make the argument for a bigger trailer, right?

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Is it fixed? Can you get a bigger trailer?

Lots of people have stories of ā€œthe oneā€ they lost or let go including myself. One was caused by a lady who hit me and the other similarly special vehicle was due to the need to keep the lights on. If you need to do it, you know what to do.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It is hard for me to even imagine that I am considering trading INDOMINUS in tomorrow. There are so many factors at play here but the main factors are: being out of warranty now (after having seemingly been in the scv dept about every 3 months since the day I brought her home), the INSANE trade-in offer I received from a nearby Chevy dealer and the fact that with my family's budding farm continuing to grow it has become increasingly clear that my little 8' flat trailer isn't going to cut it and I need a truck.
I am just not sure how I can justify NOT doing this trade tomorrow. When will we be sure our rigs will be worth more than they are right now? My kids and dog are getting bigger and I just feel like it is what is right for our family. I know you all understand- I am having some legit emotional conflict inside about this. It is weird to imagine not waving at passing wranglers, not going topless through the mountains. I mean not even joking, outside of a few $200k+ super cars around, INDOMINUS is the most recognizeable rig in this town. I have had so many families with little kids track me down or stop me in a parking lot and ask me if their JP-obsessed kiddos can check out my Jeep. Part of me feels like I will be letting down my community. That's so fucked up that I fee that way about a vehicle- 4 tires, a sterring wheel and an engine.

Am I crazy? Thanks for tolerating my turmoil texting.
Sorry to hear it brother, but I understand it. Iā€™ve been in and out of Jeeps my whole life. The longest stretch being before my current rig. My last Jeep was 2011 JK, so I get it.

Now that said, I wouldnā€™t be a very good jeep dude if I didnā€™t try to talk you out of it.......
I think you should buy a bigger trailer.
Or , buy a good used truck for the farm.
šŸ˜....... anyway bro, at the end of the day, you gotta do you, weā€™ll miss having you around , but I somehow donā€™t think itā€™s the last weā€™ll see of you.
Good luck my friend...........āœŒ

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Do It! You live once and yes you will miss INDOMINUS but life has plans for you right now and you need to pay attention to the avenues that can help you grow. In time you will be able to get another and build it out the way you want again. It is a possession that you created and can again! Follow your best instincts they are always right!
yes, sounds like itā€™s the right time to do it for you. And trade-in prices are crazy right now. Iā€™m going in the other direction and just sold a favorite car to make room for my first Jeep. Youā€™ll look forward to an INDOMINUS II some day.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
After 14 years, I gave up my TJ for a truck (Tacoma). A few years later, traded that for a Tundra (actually prefer the Tacoma).

But, the Jeep blood was still flowing and I miss my TJ. I'm keeping the Tundra, but getting a JL to satisfy that Jeep itch that never left. You can always come back.