Sponsored

I may be parting ways with INDOMINUS tomorrow...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Over the last say 55 yrs., I have blow off/ sold so many Jeeps and other brand trucks/cars and motorcycles......I have lost track / can't remember each.

It's just one friggin vehicle you'll own in your lifetime.

As "Elsa" sings..... "Let it go.... Let it go".........................

Only reason I have my 2018 JL still, is cause of Covid 19 and it's impact on the vehicle industry / the buying experience / availability...
Sponsored

OP
OP
blessidsoul12

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Thanks everyone for the support. Gotta be honest, that "sleep on it" idea does wonders along sith considering all of your comments sans Kardashians. I definitely woke up this morning much less inclined to part with my jeep than I was feeling yesterday.

Maybe just getting a cheap truck to have around is the way to go, as someone suggested, along with a bigger trailer 😀

We'll see. I am going to spend some time with the truck today and see what the family thinks before any major decisions.

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
Is it fixed? Can you get a bigger trailer?
Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing. If your trailer is too small and your solution is a new truck with 37s, it’s because you just want the truck😆. And brother, I am not faulting you for that at all. The struggle is real. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve ditched a vehicle I thought I was going to keep forever because I just wanted something different. But I never sold my first Jeep😉. If you want the truck, go for it. If you want to keep your Jeep, just get a big trailer or a beater farm truck.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Get a bigger trailer if it is your cargo needs pushing you to a truck. A trailer is frequently more practical than a lifted truck.

usaf2w2

Threads
Reaction score
West of the Big River and east of the Cascades
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Rubicon 3.6 etorque
Occupation
Retired

Drive-Joe Bonomassa

Enough said?

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
What is a “INDOMINUS” ?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
And yet nobody mentioned Jeep Truck (Gladiator) on 37’s. Interesting.

Ive decided mines staying with the family. I’m giving it to my oldest son in a few years and already told him when he wants something different that it comes back to our house lol

To note, anytime you have this much apprehension about something you probably should try and figure out a different way to satisfy your vehicle needs. It sounds like an old work truck and keeping your jeep is the way to go to me man.

Good luck!

Sponsored

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think it would take getting run over by a tank before I’d part with my Wrangler.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
And yet nobody mentioned Jeep Truck (Gladiator) on 37’s. Interesting.

Ive decided mines staying with the family. I’m giving it to my oldest son in a few years and already told him when he wants something different that it comes back to our house lol

To note, anytime you have this much apprehension about something you probably should try and figure out a different way to satisfy your vehicle needs. It sounds like an old work truck and keeping your jeep is the way to go to me man.

Good luck!
I was about to say, where's the love for us Gladiators?! lol A new trailer and a Max Tow JT could be an option. I love my JT, and this way you can still wave all the Wranglers.
Jeep Wrangler JL I may be parting ways with INDOMINUS tomorrow... glad yard

OP
OP
blessidsoul12

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
So, I am still a proud JL owner 😉

1730 yesterday I talked to the dealership (Chevy) and they assured me they would call me with all the "right" numbers by time of close last night at 1900.

Crickets.

1000 this morning- I called and said, look I guess the deal is off bc you a-holes didn't follow through on your word. They called me back immediately and said "oh, so sorry man we got slammed in that last hour yesterday. Our finance guy will call you right away and we will make this deal work."

Crickets.

1400 today- I called and told them not to waste any more of my time on this deal. I have better things to do and told them I am really envious of them that they get to work a job where they don't have to actually exhibit any integrity or professionalism toward their potential buyers.
That was the end of it.
And for the record, the trade-in they offered was $49k. Which like I said before, seems insane...

So that's it. Like I said, slept on it I think I would have absolutely done it yeaterday, given where my mind was. Today probably I would have made them pay for the inconvenience to make it happen. But now she is here in the garage after just returning from a topless sunset Blizzard run to DQ and I am content.

I love this community and I think it worked out (or didn't) for a reason. A bigger trailer or a cheap work truck is probably a better set of options. The gladiator isn't IMO. Just can't squint correctly to make it look anything but weird to me.

'Night guys

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
So, I am still a proud JL owner 😉

1730 yesterday I talked to the dealership (Chevy) and they assured me they would call me with all the "right" numbers by time of close last night at 1900.

Crickets.

1000 this morning- I called and said, look I guess the deal is off bc you a-holes didn't follow through on your word. They called me back immediately and said "oh, so sorry man we got slammed in that last hour yesterday. Our finance guy will call you right away and we will make this deal work."

Crickets.

1400 today- I called and told them not to waste any more of my time on this deal. I have better things to do and told them I am really envious of them that they get to work a job where they don't have to actually exhibit any integrity or professionalism toward their potential buyers.
That was the end of it.
And for the record, the trade-in they offered was $49k. Which like I said before, seems insane...

So that's it. Like I said, slept on it I think I would have absolutely done it yeaterday, given where my mind was. Today probably I would have made them pay for the inconvenience to make it happen. But now she is here in the garage after just returning from a topless sunset Blizzard run to DQ and I am content.

I love this community and I think it worked out (or didn't) for a reason. A bigger trailer or a cheap work truck is probably a better set of options. The gladiator isn't IMO. Just can't squint correctly to make it look anything but weird to me.

'Night guys
there ya go broski everything happens for a reason!

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
I like the earlier idea of trading it in (since it's been in the shop every 3 months), buying a new JL, and they buying a beater pickup for the farm. Farm trucks should be beaters.
Sponsored