Sponsored

I love my Rubicon - it’s AC, not so much...

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot speak for the guys n gals with 4-door JL's but my 2-door Rubi cools great and I live in the Arizona desert...The factory headliners do help a lot and I also chose cloth seats as getting in and out a lot on the trails or on hot days are much more comfortable-especially for the ladies who typically are in shorts or skirts...Ceramic tint will also help, however I will not be doing that until I find time for the interior / audio upgrades. (Installing all leather trim except seats and upgrading the audio with JL Audio gear) When you do the ceramic tint, make sure you do the windshield as well (I did 80% on my RAM and it made a big difference and you do not even know the windshield is tinted) also find an installer who will give you a break on subsequent windshield tinting as you will need this as our windshields tend to break way too often...

I know what you mean about the ChinaFlu and gyms closing...I workout a lot and tip the scales at just under 210, had to find a 'private' gym to join or eat a lot less-I found a great private gym!
Are you in Phoenix area? If so, Any places you recommend to get the ceramic tint done? I’ve been looking Also...what private gym have you found!? I’ve been looking. Supposedly mine is supposed to open up Monday so they say. But we’ll see ...

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's a Jeep. Take the doors and top off, put on a sunshade and enjoy spring, summer, fall. Still AC works great on my black on black on the rare occasion I have top and doors on.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think the A/C is good but the automatic climate control is not. I run it on manual at fan setting 4 or 5 I am perfectly ok. if I set it at Auto and 70F, it doesn't run much
^^^ this!

The auto HVAC on my JL is always blowing too cold or too hot. But never just right.

The auto mode in my JKs worked perfectly. I don’t know why FCA thought it needed to fix something that wasn’t broken.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
^^^ this!

The auto HVAC on my JL is always blowing too cold or too hot. But never just right.

The auto mode in my JKs worked perfectly. I don’t know why FCA thought it needed to fix something that wasn’t broken.
Sometimes I think having climate control in a Jeep esp a Rubicon is a paradox. They really went from utilitarian to luxury in a Jeep in the 21st century for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tdurden032

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks everyone - my Rubicon is about as stock as it gets - the only option that I have is the cold weather package (heated cloth seats which I think are great, and hilarious, at the same time). I have a manual transmission so I think the auto start is out too, so the tint and headliners are probably the best strategy for now. I’m hoping to find a reputable shop to do the windows (and windshield if I can swing it, but our state laws are a little ambiguous around tint - 35% max on front windows and I think only allows like a 5” strip on the windshield top). The headliner will probably go in around bonus time next year - since summer is winding down now anyway, I think the winter will be a lot more hospitable to my Jeep’s interior than the heat, and I have way more important things to spend money on in the meantime (like my daughters).
Now if only the gyms would open again... ;)

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Thanks everyone - my Rubicon is about as stock as it gets - the only option that I have is the cold weather package (heated cloth seats which I think are great, and hilarious, at the same time). I have a manual transmission so I think the auto start is out too, so the tint and headliners are probably the best strategy for now. I’m hoping to find a reputable shop to do the windows (and windshield if I can swing it, but our state laws are a little ambiguous around tint - 35% max on front windows and I think only allows like a 5” strip on the windshield top). The headliner will probably go in around bonus time next year - since summer is winding down now anyway, I think the winter will be a lot more hospitable to my Jeep’s interior than the heat, and I have way more important things to spend money on in the meantime (like my daughters).
Now if only the gyms would open again... ;)
Come to NY. Our gyms open on Monday unless you live in DeBlasio’s NYC (where guns and the US Constitution have one thing in common: he considers both to be completely illegal).

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Are you in Phoenix area? If so, Any places you recommend to get the ceramic tint done? I’ve been looking Also...what private gym have you found!? I’ve been looking. Supposedly mine is supposed to open up Monday so they say. But we’ll see ...

Yes, I live in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area and Fast Lane Tint on Scottsdale Road near Thomas in South Scottsdale did a great job on my RAM and at a fair price.

If your gym does not open next week PM me. And Welcome to the Phoenix area!

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I live in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area and Fast Lane Tint on Scottsdale Road near Thomas in South Scottsdale did a great job on my RAM and at a fair price.

If your gym does not open next week PM me. And Welcome to the Phoenix area!
Thanks for the info on them! I'll check them out! Will do. Hopefully the do. They're saying they are Monday so....we'll see. I'll be first thing haha. And thanks! Luckily I got out here before the heat so got to enjoy a little bit of it before hell hit.

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Ceramic tint and front window has UV clear tint, we had a rough week with high temps between 112-116, the jeep had no problem keeping cool. Don't forget to replace the cabin filter....

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
I noticed a big difference going from the soft top to the hardtop in being able to hold a constant temperature. Advice would be to try the hardtop headliner and see if that adds any difference. Also turn off the recirculating air button at highway speed. The air comes out a lot faster and cools the Jeep faster

Roger C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS
I would have the refrigerant level checked. I test drove two 2020 JLU’s back to back. In the first one, the AC was only adequate, in the second one the AC would freeze you out.

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I have ceramic film on my front windshield, just the lightest tint color though and this makes a huge difference!! You can fry an egg on my middle console when in direct sunlight and with this film the dash is cool to the touch- not hot at all! I had this put on right after buying my 2020 JL, so I can’t tell you the difference without it. I will say tho I have the ocean blue metallic and black seats, so neither is the lightest choice. And I have the sky too which is black. I also tinted my front windows to match the rears. I have no issues keeping my 4 dr rubi cool though with all of this. I’m in Illinois too, where our summer has seen mostly 90+++ days this summer- and I’m not complaining!!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Ceramic tint and front window has UV clear tint, we had a rough week with high temps between 112-116, the jeep had no problem keeping cool. Don't forget to replace the cabin filter....
Worth a look for sure.
Sponsored