Sponsored

I love my Rubicon - it’s AC, not so much...

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Seems strange, my black Jeep always kicks out cold ac when I give it some time to start up.

this summer is a bit different without the doors or windows, haven’t used the ac since last summer

but seriously the ac sounds like a jet engine taking off but should be pumping out copious amounts of cold air. Maybe consider getting it looked at by the dealer...
I think the jet engine might be an early 2018 thing and there's a dealer re-flash fix for it but it quietens down the fan at the expense of cold ac.

I've noticed on mine if I bottom out the temp control and set it to auto or high fan speed, the under hood fan sounds like it's running at 150% speed, but things get cold fast.
If I bottom out the temp and manually back down the fan speed a couple of clicks, the under hood fan calms down noise wise and things still get cold pretty quick.
If I'm at a drive through or someplace where I really want the under hood fan quiet, I turn the ac off.

Guess I'm just odd, I make sure to tell the dealer whenever they are messing with it, to leave the fan speed re-flash alone, I'll trade the noise for cold on demand.

Jlrec2020

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
If you can, think about installing remote start. I have it on my black on black 4 door and it’s a lifesaver as it turns on the A/C (and heated features in the winter). I turn it on from the field when I’m finishing up workout or literally from restaurant tables before the bill comes.
Sponsored