Sponsored

I love my manual Jeep, but...

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I love my MT. After 1500 miles things really smooth out.

And I need to say - I haven't had any of the issue you mention....but if I did, it'd still be worth it
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

My Jeep got the automatic. I got a manual transmission in the Spider: the shifting is short, precise and silky smooth.

The only thing I dislocate is my hip getting in and out... 😫

3FDFB7B2-FA21-476F-A45E-F943C2E2D27E.jpeg
Didn't know Fiat made a good looking car!

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I haven't hit the flashers since day one, and the window switches work great now that I'm trained where to find them. For the first week kept thinking they'd be on the door like every other vehicle I've owned. Of course they wouldn't put them on removable doors, but it took me a few days to get used to their location. I really like the manual, have no real complaints, but I've only had it ~3k miles or so.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In case anyone questioned whether or not it was an Abarth...Is there one on the hood, too?

All jokes aside, that looks fun as hell, and (as always IMHO) way better looking than its cousin Mr. Miata.
Yeah, I’m very happy with it.

I test drove both the Mazda and the Fiat: the Spider is just better executed IMO. The Japanese build great, reliable little cars, but the Italians sure know how to dial the styling, the suspension, the delivery of the power, and even the engine sound, better than most. In the end, Spider is the best of both worlds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheDukeofLark

TheDukeofLark

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR M/T
I've had one instance where my drink (tall) was in the front cup holder and it bothered me shifting to or from 4th so I just put my drink in the rear cup holder now. Creeping up on 500 miles here in approx. 10 days. Love it!!
I'm on the 500 miles/month plan. You will have more miles than me by the end of September, and I got mine in June!

I had to use both cupholders yesterday for the first time, and it wasn't as bad as expected (and these were Arby's big-ass cups) but you definitely have to be mindful of it. This was clearly all built around our bourgeois AT brethren. But no mind, if we can handle rowing our own, we can set a cup in the back seat cupholders, because we possess the skills to solve problems.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I only hit the flashers once. The windows have auto down, actually took me a bit to discover that oddly they don’t have auto up... I really dislike reverse though and will bitch every chance I get.
Actually another mild complaint. When I have my tall Yeti bottle in the forward cup holder, is it can be difficult to change gears between 4-6. Have to twist the wrist.

OP
OP
TheDukeofLark

TheDukeofLark

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR M/T

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
I'm on the 500 miles/month plan. You will have more miles than me by the end of September, and I got mine in June!

I had to use both cupholders yesterday for the first time, and it wasn't as bad as expected (and these were Arby's big-ass cups) but you definitely have to be mindful of it. This was clearly all built around our bourgeois AT brethren. But no mind, if we can handle rowing our own, we can set a cup in the back seat cupholders, because we possess the skills to solve problems.
Mine was a protein shake in a tall mixer cup. Mmm, fountain soda! I hope you got curly fries!

OP
OP
TheDukeofLark

TheDukeofLark

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR M/T
Yeah, I’m very happy with it.

I test drove both the Mazda and the Fiat: the Spider is just better executed IMO. The Japanese build great, reliable little cars, but the Italians sure know how to dial the styling, the suspension, the delivery of the power, and even the engine sound, better than most. In the end, Spider is the best of both worlds.
This is all true, but I need you to shut up about small cars for a second so I can tell you the white wagon wheels on your Jeep are the best thing I've seen in a long time. Thanks for existing.

Ok. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sponsored

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
I hit the hazards all the time.

OP
OP
TheDukeofLark

TheDukeofLark

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR M/T
I love my MT. After 1500 miles things really smooth out.

And I need to say - I haven't had any of the issue you mention....but if I did, it'd still be worth it
You sir, are a lucky man. It's all still worth it, but damn, those windows switches could easily be elsewhere, and that button could easily have been higher/lower/recessed/required a "press and hold". Or at least make "Press and hold for emergency flashers" an option. Couple that with the fact that you drive with no top in a loud car, and you can't always hear the turn signal click...

It's just not great.

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I probably hit the Hazard switch 3-4 times in the first few weeks, but none since then (picked up in June). And my biggest issue with the window switches in when my wife starts adjusting them while I'm trying to take off from a stop. I tend to say in 2 a lot longer those times!
I'm at about 4500 miles in, and starting to get a feel for the gears. Michigan highways at 70-85 are best in 5th, it needs to be nice and flat for 6th to be worth it. And a week in the UP kept me in 4th pretty much the whole time - good fuel economy, reasonable RPM, and could keep the cruise on going up and down hills.