First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 wrangler JL
Occupation
Quality Control inspector
Hi guys! This is my first post I wanted to see if anyone knows about this, I have a 2018 JL 2.0T 2 door with 6k miles And I installed the Rubicon Express 2.5” lift, I installed and did everything step by step I even watched a video by extreme terrain, after I finished I took it out for a test drive and had two issues 1) death wobble track bar wasn’t tight enough (fixed) and 2) the Jeep smelled like my brakes were stuck so I checked and it seems like it’s the ebrake. I would appreciate your opinion and help about this. ( brake lines are fine ). Thank you
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hi guys! This is my first post I wanted to see if anyone knows about this, I have a 2018 JL 2.0T 2 door with 6k miles And I installed the Rubicon Express 2.5” lift, I installed and did everything step by step I even watched a video by extreme terrain, after I finished I took it out for a test drive and had two issues 1) death wobble track bar wasn’t tight enough (fixed) and 2) the Jeep smelled like my brakes were stuck so I checked and it seems like it’s the ebrake. I would appreciate your opinion and help about this. ( brake lines are fine ). Thank you
Are your rear rotors hot after a drive without using brakes?

OP
OP

Bsek23

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 wrangler JL
Occupation
Yes they are hot, I noticed that this happens when after I use the ebrake and when I take it off and put my Jeep in reverse it barely moves so I give it a little gas and then I stop and put drive to move forward and then backwards again and it’s loose

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Yes they are hot, I noticed that this happens when after I use the ebrake and when I take it off and put my Jeep in reverse it barely moves so I give it a little gas and then I stop and put drive to move forward and then backwards again and it’s loose
You might have pulled the brake lines when lifting.
Did you disconnect before dropping the axle?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bsek23

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 wrangler JL
Occupation
You might have pulled the brake lines when lifting.
Did you disconnect before dropping the axle?
Well I just noticed that it’s my brake pads that are getting stuck and not the Ebrake

OP
OP

Bsek23

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 wrangler JL
Occupation
How did you fix this? What was the issue?
Well I paid more attention and checked which tire was hotter and my back right tire was so I took it off and checked the brake line and it was slightly pinched between the caliper and the sway bar link so I had loosen the link move the brake line and re tighten the link and problem solved
Sponsored