Sponsored

I laughed at all the 392 buyers! 😥 what a dummy.

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
When I got my 2019 2 door, sticker was just over $50k. If I ordered a 2 door today, sticker would be about $54k. I 392 sticker would be $78k. While I'd like to have a 392, I can't justify the roughly $25k difference myself. As @tjeeper said, I think I would still want aftermarket upgrades (axels, lift, tires) for off road use, although a lot of buyers may not need them if they never plan on going off road. I can't blame someone for using their own money to buy one. But one reason why I got a Wrangler was because it could still be fun to drive with a base engine. If I want something thats fast/quick, I'll get a sports car.
I just ordered a 2dr Rubicon. It was around that $54k mark before discounts. It’s 2dr manual with dual door package and most of the other options.
Sponsored

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Way too much. I would only buy the 392 if made around 500k a year. 400k I would consider. I couldnt buy it cash right now, I just bought a house and a baby so I am cash strained. I also only started making real money 2 years ago. I could easily afford it with a loan though, but with the volatility of todays economy thatd be dumb. I am happy with my customized sport that I actually own and serves me 100%. I dont get it how these people go into debt to buy these cars over 60k and they dont even make over 6 figures, or make just a tad over 6. The freaking rat race.

Again. To each their own.
I'd like to add that I just don't understand how those could also afford to buy a brand new $50K Jeep, then drop another $20K in upgrades while at the same time ruining their new Jeep's warranty. I see 20 something dental hygienists buying new JLUR, slapping 40in tires, 5in lifts and ddoing axle swaps while paying $1,500 monthly rent. I make 5x what they make and I consider I could not afford their life styles...

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
MSRP was $55,300. Price was $48,100. Manual 3.6 JLUR with dual tops, leather and pretty much every other option.
here in Quebec, there is such shortage of Wranglers that you pay sticker price ever since the JL/JLU came out...

Sponsored

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Electric 4-banger turbo
The 392 should not have a Jeep emblem on it, it does not ride or sound or resemble any other Jeep I have ever owned.

i also have a diesel Gladiator and out of the over 100 cars I have owned, these are two of my favorites that I can remember.

price and happiness doesnt always make sense.

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
The 392 should not have a Jeep emblem on it, it does not ride or sound or resemble any other Jeep I have ever owned.

i also have a diesel Gladiator and out of the over 100 cars I have owned, these are two of my favorites that I can remember.

price and happiness doesnt always make sense.
I wanted a 392 but not a 4dr. I wish the diesel or 392 engine was available for 2dr.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Not all boost is created equal. There are only 2 superchargers that I would buy for myself.
You gotta remember this 3.6 is pretty close to the very high horsepower Maserati twin turbo 3.6. You can damage any engine if the tune or boost is off.
Understood, but I think the reasoning was based on the JL's high static compression ratio, and adding boost beyond that will of course make for a real high cylinder pressure issue. I'm guessing the Maserati V6 had lower C/R since it was designed with boost in mind?
Beyond that, I love the idea, because I just want off-idle torque (ordered mine with a 6spd) and a supercharger is perfect for that.

huberro2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2019
Occupation
Engineer
The 3.5 liter (220 cubic inches) gets the job done. Highway cruising at 75/80. Off road trailing. I even tow a ski/fish 18 ft boat. Inflation is bound to skyrocket with the high national debt, as the government prints money(not backed by the gold standard or anything for that matter), making money worthless.. Average American family of 5 owes $425,000 for their share of the national debt payoff. Do the math yourself. Gas is already up by 30%. Add Born free, Taxed to death and the green raw deal (no gas allowed). Your 390 may just may sit in the driveway collecting dust along with all of our non-electric vehicles. Well, it was good while it lasted.

Sponsored

WorkingMan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
The 99 MPH top speed is a real downer. Not that I think people should be driving a Jeep that fast but it should be the individual's choice like it has been with every other vehicle I have ever owned.

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
The 99 MPH top speed is a real downer. Not that I think people should be driving a Jeep that fast but it should be the individual's choice like it has been with every other vehicle I have ever owned.
my understanding for the 99mph top speed is because the stock 392 tires are only rated up to 99mph.

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
I get less than 200 miles on my boat, gets about 2 miles per gal and costs about $500 to fill it. The 392 sounds like a deal and doesnt require a slip at $450 per month.
"BOAT" = "Bust Out Another Thousand" they say....LOL

I'd love a boat...but all the fees and costs tell me I am better off renting one or finding a friend who has one when I get the urge to float on the water....

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
Thats an annualized rate of return. My CPA tells me to leave it and get the lowest interest rate on my car loan. I can usually get the car loans under 3%. I'm shooting for under 2% if I can ever get Jeep to build my 392
Ok...but your 401k also isn't supposed to be for buying "stuff".....like a savings account might be.

It's supposed to be for "when I retire I have an income"....and in the future , assuming history continues to repeat itself, one will need way more $ in 20-30 years than right now.

I do not know how old you are......I am guessing either a young guy just starting out with decades of eearning (hopefully) and saving ahead of him or an older guy about to retire who has saved for decades and knows he could spend $6-90k from his 401k and not really affect the next 10-20 years.

Me, I am in the middle....paralyzed by the fear of how I see scores of octogenarians living hand to mouth because medicine can keep them alive but they arent able enough to keep earning.

Nursing homes and assisted living apartment are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Not to mention, borrowing from your 401k usually has some fees associated with it in addition to the loass of the annualized interest.

So no one who is really trying to save for the future is EVER gonna take $60-80k from their 401k ---or even $20k ---for a vehicle, thats the worst "investment" ever. In an emergency, or maybe for real estate? Sure. But for a vehicle of any sort? I would question the sanity or at least the forward-looking-ness of anyone who seriously contemplated that.

Then again, I know a guy who put a second mortgage on his home so he could own a couple of Harleys back in the day when HD dealers were marking up prices well over MSRP.

I just shook my head on that one. Risk losing your HOME for a toy. I have owned my 2005 Honda VTX1800 now for 9 years.....paid $5k for it and it is still going strong. Its not a Harley....but then I own it free and clear.

Someone may have a couple hundred grand in a 401k and consider themselves "rich"....but they aint. That has to last 20, maybe 30 years of life after "retirement".

Now, if you can write a check for $60k+ for a vehicle from your checking/savings , to the point of where it wont hurt at all, AND your retirement fund is untouched, THEN you are "rich" enough to do it.

And if that is the case.......would you be interested in adopting me? LOLOLOL :)
Sponsored