Sponsored

I laughed at all the 392 buyers! 😥 what a dummy.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
8% under invoice.
That’s not what I asked. What was your msrp?

Someone stated he got a loaded rubicon for $42k. Then come to find out is was a base 2dr rubi without hardtop 8.4 screen or steel bumper.

My Peterson quote for a $63.5k msrp was $57.3k. This was the diesel Rubi U.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
Do you make a 13% return on your money per month? Or per year?
Thats an annualized rate of return. My CPA tells me to leave it and get the lowest interest rate on my car loan. I can usually get the car loans under 3%. I'm shooting for under 2% if I can ever get Jeep to build my 392

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
So, originally when the 392 became available for order, I was shocked at how many people ordered without even knowing the price. I was even more surprised when after the price was announced more people didn’t jump ship on it. Now a few short months later I’m starting to think I screwed up. This crazy car market is really starting to make 75k for the hemi look like a steal.

Am I overreacting and this car market (inflation) will settle down soon, or is the 75 thousand dollar hemi JL already a thing of the past?

Don’t get me wrong, I still think that 75k is still too much for a Wrangler. It’s still gonna drive like a Jeep and have the wind noise and creaks and rattles Jeep, but my friend is looking at maybe buying a $67,900 gladiator diesel! Seems like prices are out of control.

Let the flogging begin. 🙄 I opened myself up for it.
I’m very surprised that you were surprised about people ordering it. Look around Lots of people have lots of money. What you have is fear of missing out. You thought it was too expensive until other people convinced you that it wasn’t.
If you stand for nothing you’ll fall for anything.

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
After dealer discount I got my v6 for like 53k and it pretty much a loaded rubicon. No way in the world you can possibly justify to me a 20k markup for a v8. As much as I would like the extra torque with my 37s it’s just not reasonable.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That’s not what I asked. What was your msrp?

Someone stated he got a loaded rubicon for $42k. Then come to find out is was a base 2dr rubi without hardtop 8.4 screen or steel bumper.

My Peterson quote for a $63.5k msrp was $57.3k. This was the diesel Rubi U.
MSRP was $55,300. Price was $48,100. Manual 3.6 JLUR with dual tops, leather and pretty much every other option.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
MSRP was $55,300. Price was $48,100. Manual 3.6 JLUR with dual tops, leather and pretty much every other option.
Thank you. Every other option makes it $59.3k today. A loaded 3.6 2dr Rubi stick is about $53k today.
I’ve seen 2 dr Rubi with msrp of $60k.

Back to my main point the loaded auto RU will have a msrp of $65k today. And even the best pricing from Peterson won’t give you more than a $6k discount on a special order. The 392 is not that much higher.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thank you. Every other option makes it $59.3k today. A loaded 3.6 2dr Rubi stick is about $53k today.
I’ve seen 2 dr Rubi with msrp of $60k.

Back to my main point the loaded auto RU will have a msrp of $65k today. And even the best pricing from Peterson won’t give you more than a $6k discount on a special order. The 392 is not that much higher.
The 392 is not loaded though. Never mind it has a bunch of forced options that I would never want.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I want to thank all the people that bought a 392 Jeep!
With the 392 being sold out, it makes me think that Jeep will keep it in the line up and may add the 392 to other models.
Make what the people, will take!

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
The 392 is not loaded though. Never mind it has a bunch of forced options that I would never want.
It is loaded. I added only front camera tow and block heater for $1k. As opposed to the $18k in options one would add to the base Rubicon.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I could write a check for it. However, i can finance it at 2.9% or lower. Heck, I could even go 36 months at 0% through Chrysler Financing. But it doesn't make sense to write a check for the purchase price when the rate of return on my 401K is over 13%.
I understand this logic, but it goes against every human principal. Its a crap shoot at best. Ex: Would you rather OWE someone, OR live your life debt free? I choose the latter, you can call me "dumb" , stupid, etc...or whatever, its just the way I want to live my life. Plus the stock market will not always give you 13% in return. And how many of you buy/finance to "make the economy work better" as one of the previous (paraphrasing of course) guys said verses buying because you want something? I would venture to guess most humans do not think or care about the economy when they are purchasing a high price item (house/car). Bottom line as someone else said, to each their own, buy however you feel most comfortable. I do not want debt hanging over my head.

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I’m very surprised that you were surprised about people ordering it. Look around Lots of people have lots of money. What you have is fear of missing out. You thought it was too expensive until other people convinced you that it wasn’t.
If you stand for nothing you’ll fall for anything.
Im really actually greedier than you think. I look at it more like I could have bought one, drove it around for a couple months or more and then sold it for a profit. 🤷‍♂️ Just being honest.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
This whole market is a perfect storm. Supply and demand issues because of Covid, and now continued parts shortages along with tons of people with cash. It won’t last and if you are paying attention to the oil markets they are expecting production shortages and rising prices this summer. I would not be suprpised to see gas prices surge another $1+ a gallon.

I remember the last time gas prices surged, there were people dumping their V8’s for more efficient cars.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Can't you just do a hemi swap for about $20K? I don't understand the people paying $95K for a 392!! Insane to me!!
Sponsored