Sponsored

I laughed at all the 392 buyers! 😥 what a dummy.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
"BOAT" = "Bust Out Another Thousand" they say....LOL

I'd love a boat...but all the fees and costs tell me I am better off renting one or finding a friend who has one when I get the urge to float on the water....
The best boat to have is a friends boat for sure. A thousand is low balling. I just spent about 14K rebuilding the 8.1L and that was me doing the work. At the shipyard it would have been over double that and not anywhere near the attention to detail. I am admittedly OCD.
Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Just chiming in. I bought a 392.

I get about 13-14 mpg normal driving, upper teens on highway (about 1000 miles now).

I ordered it day 1. It just comes down to what you can afford and what is important to you in your life. Everyone's opinion is different on what they want, what they are willing to spend, etc.

I generally don't believe in making decisions based on short term details like prices of gas this quarter, or the vehicle market going up or down. I am say it's lucky I ordered mine when I did, I wouldn't want to buy one, and be waiting, or over-paying.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
So, originally when the 392 became available for order, I was shocked at how many people ordered without even knowing the price. I was even more surprised when after the price was announced more people didn’t jump ship on it. Now a few short months later I’m starting to think I screwed up. This crazy car market is really starting to make 75k for the hemi look like a steal.

Am I overreacting and this car market (inflation) will settle down soon, or is the 75 thousand dollar hemi JL already a thing of the past?

Don’t get me wrong, I still think that 75k is still too much for a Wrangler. It’s still gonna drive like a Jeep and have the wind noise and creaks and rattles Jeep, but my friend is looking at maybe buying a $67,900 gladiator diesel! Seems like prices are out of control.

Let the flogging begin. 🙄 I opened myself up for it.
Ford Bronco; I have a late July res which makes me a MY22 reservation holder, don't get me started. Anyway, mine is early enough that dealers won't have stock on the lots. I do not intend on owning a Bronco very long after delivery. Not gonna screw over the buyer completely, but if I can make a few bucks and make somebody happy?

That somebody being me and them! They will have a nice Bronco, and I'll be running straight to Jeep with a downpayment on my JT 4xe! Sometime next year! Please Jeep, 2022 JT 4xe!

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
The best boat to have is a friends boat for sure. A thousand is low balling. I just spent about 14K rebuilding the 8.1L and that was me doing the work. At the shipyard it would have been over double that and not anywhere near the attention to detail. I am admittedly OCD.
I wish my airplanes engine would be that relatively inexpensive to rebuild when the time comes around for it! But then again nothing is cheap in aviation!

Sponsored

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
If I had FU money, heck, I may have it as a toy...but I am a regular Joe who bought a fully loaded Willy's...and...I love it

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Ok...but your 401k also isn't supposed to be for buying "stuff".....like a savings account might be.

It's supposed to be for "when I retire I have an income"....and in the future , assuming history continues to repeat itself, one will need way more $ in 20-30 years than right now.

I do not know how old you are......I am guessing either a young guy just starting out with decades of eearning (hopefully) and saving ahead of him or an older guy about to retire who has saved for decades and knows he could spend $6-90k from his 401k and not really affect the next 10-20 years.

Me, I am in the middle....paralyzed by the fear of how I see scores of octogenarians living hand to mouth because medicine can keep them alive but they arent able enough to keep earning.

Nursing homes and assisted living apartment are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Not to mention, borrowing from your 401k usually has some fees associated with it in addition to the loass of the annualized interest.

So no one who is really trying to save for the future is EVER gonna take $60-80k from their 401k ---or even $20k ---for a vehicle, thats the worst "investment" ever. In an emergency, or maybe for real estate? Sure. But for a vehicle of any sort? I would question the sanity or at least the forward-looking-ness of anyone who seriously contemplated that.

Then again, I know a guy who put a second mortgage on his home so he could own a couple of Harleys back in the day when HD dealers were marking up prices well over MSRP.

I just shook my head on that one. Risk losing your HOME for a toy. I have owned my 2005 Honda VTX1800 now for 9 years.....paid $5k for it and it is still going strong. Its not a Harley....but then I own it free and clear.

Someone may have a couple hundred grand in a 401k and consider themselves "rich"....but they aint. That has to last 20, maybe 30 years of life after "retirement".

Now, if you can write a check for $60k+ for a vehicle from your checking/savings , to the point of where it wont hurt at all, AND your retirement fund is untouched, THEN you are "rich" enough to do it.

And if that is the case.......would you be interested in adopting me? LOLOLOL :)
Yeah there are a LOT of DUMB people doing dumb things with money. It makes the many with average intelligence look like geniuses. lol

Best move is to moderate spending, and maximize investing so that when your ready to retire you can do a bunch of dumb things with your money and not hurt yourself one bit.

It really isnt all that hard to be a millionaire many times over with just a mediocre income.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
While picking up our JLURD last week, our dealer had this in the showroom.

What in the markup hell?

Jeep Wrangler JL I laughed at all the 392 buyers! 😥 what a dummy. IMG_7243

Jeep Wrangler JL I laughed at all the 392 buyers! 😥 what a dummy. IMG_7243
I would never pay a 30K markup...they can go scratch their asses with that other charge...VIN etching there which is a total waste of money...

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
That dealer can stick those 2 extra bogus charges where the sun don't shine!

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Electric 4-banger turbo
You can make the 392 full time 2wd and get even better fuel economy.

not sure what the 4 and six bangers get these days but now city is 15 and highway over 20

regardless, who cares. No one cares when they voted for the new retarted president that is raising gas prices, or wait they didnt vote for him the election was rigged
Sponsored