Sponsored

I know... lots of questions. LOL. Dog and soft top... I know it's been covered, but I'm not looking to take the top off or use a cage. So...

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (WTB)
We have a pretty active 50lb dog... and would rather the soft top windows don't get all ruined. What are the options? I would like options that do not involve removing the top - the dog is often with us.

I have heard there is some kind of net or something? And a few other options, but I can't seem to figure out the best path.

Thanks for entertaining all my questions! :) Love the vehicle so far!
Sponsored

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Humm, use a cage or prepare to by new side windows when the current ones get mucked up.
a soft sided foldable cage is what I use and my dog is actually much more relaxed in it rather than just bouncing around in the back.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
We have a JLU and use a dog harness and tether to secure him to the center seat belt buckle when in the backseat, and carabiner him to a d-ring when in the back. No issues so far. We also have a dog hammock that can be configured to provide 2, 3 or 4 walls of protection for the back seat and storage area.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08JD7G8TS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Sponsored

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Maybe some details on how your dog rides in the Jeep? My ~54 pound German Shepherd rides in a hammock-style seat protector in the rear seat of my four door. But I have full doors and windows, so the vinyl windows aren't a concern for her in that position. She may ride in the back at some point, but she doesn't paw the walls or windows or anything, so I don't it will be a concern with my soft top.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
We have a pretty active 50lb dog... and would rather the soft top windows don't get all ruined. What are the options? I would like options that do not involve removing the top - the dog is often with us.

I have heard there is some kind of net or something? And a few other options, but I can't seem to figure out the best path.

Thanks for entertaining all my questions! :) Love the vehicle so far!
Maybe I'm missing something here Pete but to my way of seeing things your question is a non-starter. Animals should be secured for their own safety, ideally, in the middle of the back seat, making the ability to interface with the windows a non-issue.

I know, that's boring. So's the dog not flying around in the vehicle or heaven forbid going through the windshield if you have to stop short at high speeds..

...a good kind of boring.

This may generate hateful responses but I think that having to strap your best friend in should be mandated by law.
Sponsored