Sponsored

I know it's a JK, but does anyone follow?

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Off-road he can probably handle, but rebels and militants? Can’t accuse him of being a mall crawler.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I can’t believe he is still alive. Oh well, we warned him before he left.

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wow, the ignorance displayed with some of these comments..

You guys do realize there are many parts of Africa you can travel to that are rated safer than say, Italy, France, Spain, etc., right? Even in safer than parts of the US?

But of course not, because ignorance. *sigh*

Sponsored

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Go ahead and start listing the countries in Africa that aren't shitholes.

I'll wait.
Madagascar, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia Angola, Tanzania, Gabon, parts of S. Africa, Camarooon, parts of Congo..... To name a few.

Just stick to your malls yeah?

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

You guys do realize there are many parts of Africa you can travel to that are rated safer than say, Italy, France, Spain, etc., right? Even in safer than parts of the US?

It must be a strange way to live, being afraid of everything which is not America that you are scared to explore the world.

I choose to believe that these guys to not represent the average views of Jeepers and are just to vocal minority.

FYI, Namibia and Botswana are two or the safest places in the world for solo travels. Namibia is the best if you want to see actual wildlife in the actual wild.

Last edited:

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport

I definitely want to go to more places in Africa. I've been to Nigeria and Ivory Coast because of family. I made my comment about the roads being horrible from experience, although the last time i went back alot of the roads were in much better shape. I can distinctly remember thinking while over there, that the Wrangler would be the perfect vehicle to have there.

Its easy to be ignorant about Africa if you have never been. It has good and bad places just like most cities in the US. Same stuff, different place.

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I definitely want to go to more places in Africa. I've been to Nigeria and Ivory Coast because of family. I made my comment about the roads being horrible from experience, although the last time i went back alot of the roads were in much better shape. I can distinctly remember thinking while over there, that the Wrangler would be the perfect vehicle to have there.

Its easy to be ignorant about Africa if you have never been. It has good and bad places just like most cities in the US. Same stuff, different place.
I would only worry about parts availability, should something break.
Personally, I have only been to Morocco and Tunisia in the north and South Africa, mainly Cape town. In the north I was with a buddy in his Merc G-klass professional. (Not the AMG nonsense)
The people were friendly and the offroading was unlike anything I had experienced in the states. Vast areas of land without another person or vehicle for hours and end. Mountain roads which have you praying to whatever God you believe in that the edge holds together just a bit longer. Amazing places. I would imagine in places like Alaska you can still get that remoteness, where there is no help should the worst happen.
Wild camping more or less where ever you feel like it and we never had any issues or felt unsafe.

South Africa.. It is interesting. Wild camping? No way. In addition to it being illegal in many places, it is actually pretty unsafe in terms of people. If you are white, you do need to watch yourself. Lots of anger still from the apartheid days.
Most folks just get their 4x4 rental in Cape Town and then drive straight on through to Namibia or Botswana.
Maybe some day, once the little one is a bit older.

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
Y'all are talking about dream trips for me. But, I want to have a guide and go look for animals to shoot!!! But only with my camera, lol.
Sponsored