Sponsored

I know...I was stupid to think otherwise...

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
yes housing mkt is crazy, I'm a realtor so I get the idea. I also have no problem with mark ups. G wagon Porsche GT cars has it for years. Simple supply and demand, but I get really sick of those shady dealer playing their games treating people like retards....
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Just a side note, houses in the Austin area are selling more than asking price as well as more than the appraisals. Cash buyers, lack of inventory and high demand. Most homes sell within 24-48 hrs. The majority of the buyers are coming from California driving home prices and taxes upward. Homes are hotter than Wrangler 392's!
And that is why I didn't take a job offer in Austin.... It is changing too fast and not in the direction I like.... Still a cool place

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I waited for the TRX silliness to calm down and now there are multiple dealers willing to sell at MSRP. I'm now waiting for my build to happen and my dealer to call and tell me to come pick it up. They are out there, you just need to stick to the forum for a thread to open up identifying who they are.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I waited for the TRX silliness to calm down
And now there are so many of them. They are nice trucks but I won’t ever value the model enough to spend msrp or more for it. 🤷‍♂️

I am curious if owners, after spending one week with it, have a sneaking desire or compulsion to just want to get rid of it?

“wtf did I just spend my money on?”

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
And now there are so many of them. They are nice trucks but I won’t ever value the model enough to spend msrp or more for it. 🤷‍♂️

I am curious if owners, after spending one week with it, have a sneaking desire or compulsion to just want to get rid of it?

“wtf did I just spend my money on?”
Nope…just the opposite. BTW, where are you seeing TRX’s as common?

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Something to keep in mind: Asking price is different than the actual sell price. The in-demand vehicle is the bait and when it reels in a prospective buyer it’s up to them to negotiate a lower price.

Just because the greedy dealerships ask a crazy mark-up doesn’t mean they get it and they usually don’t get all of it. It’s a starting point for negotiations and it’s up to the buyer to get their best deal - which is always the case.

Never assume that the asking price or ADM is what the vehicle sold for

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Nope…just the opposite. BTW, where are you seeing TRX’s as common?
Locally. The TRX is unmistakable in traffic. I’ve seen a least a dozen or so this last week and over the weekend.

If you haven’t seen one in person or pulled up next to one, you haven’t truly experienced how obnoxious (and awesome) it is.

Still wouldn’t pay MSRP or over for one.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Something to keep in mind: Asking price is different than the actual sell price. The in-demand vehicle is the bait and when it reels in a prospective buyer it’s up to them to negotiate a lower price.

Just because the greedy dealerships ask a crazy mark-up doesn’t mean they get it and they usually don’t get all of it. It’s a starting point for negotiations and it’s up to the buyer to get their best deal - which is always the case.

Never assume that the asking price or ADM is what the vehicle sold for
I agree, that's a good point. The last (and only) time we bought a car with an ADM, the amount our dealer was asking over MSRP was already one of the best we could find nationwide on that particular car, but we were still able to eventually get that amount cut in half.
Sponsored