Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2.0 sport unlimited
Can I take it another dealer or transfer dealerships ?

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
willing to bet its probably a bad connection with something on that circuit maybe a backed out terminal. but then again could could be more. they should have also ran through a few other diag steps to determine weather or not there's truly no issue found at the time.

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re definitely being shady , but next time it pops up I’m gonna come in no fucks given and directly to the owner, I’m surprised this code isn’t more widespread with the 2.0s

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semdaddy

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nah didn’t clear it man , just checked it to make sure it was the same one I got the first time , but looks like they used it against me for letting them know what code it was going there

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Jl does not have MAF sensor, but does have MAP sensor instead. I am suprized idiots did not atleast change out map sensor. Next, would be changing throtle body (if TPS is fused with throttle body).
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that a large vacuum leak is present or that the signal voltage for both Throttle Position (TP) Sensors is stuck a 2.5 volts and calculated Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) is less than the Gas Flow Adaptation value. One trip fault will set within 5 seconds.
Inspect the Intake Manifold and Throttle body for leaks and cracks.
Inspect the Power Brake Booster for any vacuum leaks.
Inspect the PCV system for proper operation or any vacuum leaks.
Inspect the MAP Sensor for proper installation.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
this will be the second time going to my dealer for the code p2712, I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler sport unlimited 2.0
All they basically do is clear the code and say checked vacume lines - no leaks.
Anyone else have this issue or any ideas, on how to approach the dealer tomorrow if bringing it to them and I really want them to fix it for ffs

C19866DB-5161-4390-A379-0DA15ADCEC04.jpeg
Here you go, man. See the attached document. You can run through these yourself and likely find something wrong before the dealer ever invests enough time. For warranty work, they would rather you keep coming back until there's a definitive fault. They don't get paid much for troubleshooting/diagnostic time.

Attachments

brain juice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 Sport S Sting Gray
and of course driving today the light went out on its' own..... thinking its just the cold weather recently on east coast.
Sponsored