Sponsored

I just want a waterproof bikini top for my JL unlimited, does anyone know of one?

Sling_Shot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS and 2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Executive Chef
None spills into the cab? LOL.
As long as the doors are off , no. Since the bikini comes inside the doors, you will fill the cab if you do it with the doors closed, that is what the drain plugs are for 8-Þ
Sponsored

Feenix_ST

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase

Their Facebook post showing it.

Feenix_ST

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the windshield channel is separate

Sponsored

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I know, how hard can it be? I have the JTOPS in mesh and love it and would buy another if they had one that was waterproof.

I'm about to buy some heavy canvas and make my own with grommets to tie down to the roll bar.

JTOP1.jpg
JTOP2.jpg
JTOP3.jpg
Great looking ride!

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I’m actually pretty happy with my soft top in “safari”. It’s waterproof, I can store my windows in the back, I get full coverage from the sun plus it’s Free! I only wish it looked better but until I find my “perfect” bikini top, this will do!

Feenix_ST

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you see this? When I spoke to Rampage they said all mounting items will be included.
The descriptions for non-JL bikini tops mention that they are required and not included so I assume this would be no different at that price point. It' cost about $33 for the channel.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
The descriptions for non-JL bikini tops mention that they are required and not included so I assume this would be no different at that price point. It' cost about $33 for the channel.
Well for now I'll go off of what Rampage told me.. Also, if it were needed and not included, I assume it would be listed somewhere for sale since they are shipping next week..

But I'll call Rampage again on Monday and double check with them. The guy I spoke with previously stated all mounting hardware would be included.

Also, the normal price is $134 but Northridge is selling them for $99 (for now) so I assume the higher MSRP is further indication that the hardware is included.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with Rampage and they told me, for the 2nd time now, that the windshield channel is included with the bikini top...

Here is exactly what I was told by Josh @ Rampage:

The windshield channel is included. He said at some point later on they may revert to not including it with the top and make it a separate purchase, but for now it will be included.. He also advised they do not even have a separate part number for the windshield channel yet. I asked what will happen if someone needs to purchase a replacement channel and he said they'd work with the person if that happened. He did say at some point later on they would offer the windshield channel as a stand alone purchase,,

This is now twice I've been told the same information by Rampage themselves...

Sponsored

OP
OP
gotime4

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ocean Blue, 2019 Ram 1500 etorque Laramie
I was just chatting with Northridge and this is what they said about shipping these tops "They said the original ship date was scheduled for July 2nd, but they had to push that back. They haven't shipped any of these yet - still in production. They pushed it back to mid-July, but couldn't get more specific than that, unfortunately. Also we just found out Bestop won't have any for the JL until first of next year."

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was just chatting with Northridge and this is what they said about shipping these tops "They said the original ship date was scheduled for July 2nd, but they had to push that back. They haven't shipped any of these yet - still in production. They pushed it back to mid-July, but couldn't get more specific than that, unfortunately. Also we just found out Bestop won't have any for the JL until first of next year."
Yeah the date I was given on my 1st call to Rampage was the 9th'ish... When I called today to double check on if the windshield channel is included I forgot to ask for updated shipping time-frames.

At least its on the horizon and a close'ish date. Can't wait to get mine so I can finally ditch this hard top for the summer!

renagade1976

First Name
jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Just got off the phone with Rampage and they told me, for the 2nd time now, that the windshield channel is included with the bikini top...

Here is exactly what I was told by Josh @ Rampage:

The windshield channel is included. He said at some point later on they may revert to not including it with the top and make it a separate purchase, but for now it will be included.. He also advised they do not even have a separate part number for the windshield channel yet. I asked what will happen if someone needs to purchase a replacement channel and he said they'd work with the person if that happened. He did say at some point later on they would offer the windshield channel as a stand alone purchase,,

This is now twice I've been told the same information by Rampage themselves...
just got off the phone with rampage said will ship out today and no channel is required cross my fingers

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
just got off the phone with rampage said will ship out today and no channel is required cross my fingers
Awesome sauce! I am sooooooooooooooooooooo ready to ditch my hardtop!

Fingers crossed as well!

When I spoke with them the 1st time they were unsure if the new top was even going to use the windshield channel or guide hooks so maybe they went guide hooks with it..

Either way I was told twice that the mounting hardware (whatever it may be) will be included..
Sponsored