Sponsored

I Just walked away from 4.7% Back of Invoice on JLUR

I thought I read/saw in some threads here that 7-10% behind invoice should be doable. I offered -7.5

• Total voters

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
And just to put a bow on it, this is everything I gathered together to go into battle with the dealer. Fortunately, I didn't need any of it, because I didn't need it for a great deal at DeMontrond with Neil.

Potential Price Reducers:
Current Wrangler Owner Discount $1000
USAA Membership $1000 Price Discount
FCA Affiliate Reward Program (See if your employer qualifies) =1% below Invoice.
FCA Affiliate Reward Program (TreadLightly!) = 1% below Invoice.
Get the Dealer Holdback (3%) if this is a factory order
Jeep Coupons in direct mail. 1-800-227-0757. Targeted Direct Mail number for FCA for "Golden Tickets" discounts
Jeep Sales Incentives $Random
Test Drive Incentives $250
Look at Bonusdrive.com

7.5% below Invoice from Neil Carpenter at Demontond in Conroe 281-541-0908 . Also has a "warranty forever" included.

Destination Fee should be included in the "Invoice Price"

After Price: Taxes, License and $200 doc fee.

Base Jeep Invoice Price + the dealer Invoice price of Options + Destination - Holdback = Actual Total Dealer Cost.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Buying off the lot is for 2 kinds of people: those who just don't care what they pay and want it now (Veruca); those who know their shit and can manhandle a sales manager into giving them exactly what they want or else they just leave.
For the rest of us, we have this forum. Just order the '20 that you want, specced exactly the way you want it and to what you are comfortable spending, and find a dealer within what you consider a reasonable distance who will order it for you at 7% under invoice. It's what I did, and I know there was probably another 1% on the table, but for the ease of getting what I wanted locally (in less than 4 weeks, built just for me), I made the deal with a reputable dealer that I "trust" ( in as much as I would trust any business trying to make as much money off of me as they could while still trying to maintain the illusion that they were looking out for my best interests).
The cool part about the option to order at 5-7% under invoice, is that you can walk into a dealership and offer whatever you want, and if they don't like it or try to tint your windows with nitrogen, you can just tell them to, you know, stick it or whatever makes you feel empowered (because, in all actuality, you are).

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
http://navyfederalautobuying.com/new_cars/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=401267

That's your link to find out invoice pricing. This was a dollar for dollar match to what I recieved from Neil at DeMontrond.
Thanks! Did you buy through the NFCU buying program? I was thinking about going through them but didn't know if it would be easier just going straight through a dealer. I am ordering my JLUR, not getting one off the lot. If you would rather PM me instead of replying in the thread you are more than welcome too.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Thanks! Did you buy through the NFCU buying program? I was thinking about going through them but didn't know if it would be easier just going straight through a dealer. I am ordering my JLUR, not getting one off the lot. If you would rather PM me instead of replying in the thread you are more than welcome too.
No, I didn't use them, but that tool is fantastic .

OP
OP
bravelion

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
And just to put a bow on it, this is everything I gathered together to go into battle with the dealer. Fortunately, I didn't need any of it, because I didn't need it for a great deal at DeMontrond with Neil.

Potential Price Reducers:
Current Wrangler Owner Discount $1000
USAA Membership $1000 Price Discount
FCA Affiliate Reward Program (See if your employer qualifies) =1% below Invoice.
FCA Affiliate Reward Program (TreadLightly!) = 1% below Invoice.
Get the Dealer Holdback (3%) if this is a factory order
Jeep Coupons in direct mail. 1-800-227-0757. Targeted Direct Mail number for FCA for "Golden Tickets" discounts
Jeep Sales Incentives $Random
Test Drive Incentives $250
Look at Bonusdrive.com

7.5% below Invoice from Neil Carpenter at Demontond in Conroe 281-541-0908 . Also has a "warranty forever" included.

Destination Fee should be included in the "Invoice Price"

After Price: Taxes, License and $200 doc fee.

Base Jeep Invoice Price + the dealer Invoice price of Options + Destination - Holdback = Actual Total Dealer Cost.
This is great info. I couldn't find any USAA discounts. I have a NAR $500 but it specifically excludes Rubicons.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
This is great info. I couldn't find any USAA discounts. I have a NAR $500 but it specifically excludes Rubicons.
There is a usaa membership discount, and a usaa employee discount.

Google "FCA Affiliate List" and the first thing is an 85 page PDF. That tells you if your company qualifies.

Idk where I saw the usaa membership $1,000 . It may be on the usaa website or the app.

OP
OP
bravelion

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
There is a usaa membership discount, and a usaa employee discount.

Google "FCA Affiliate List" and the first thing is an 85 page PDF. That tells you if your company qualifies.

Idk where I saw the usaa membership $1,000 . It may be on the usaa website or the app.
Found mine. $1,000. It does NOT include new Wrangler, which is what a dealer told me as well. Bummer. I used it when I bought my JGCO.

Edit: Also my NAR $500 can't be used either because Wrangler is exempt.
?temp_hash=65af42ecd5975a21d1c72fe756cac6c3.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 7.31.27 AM.png

Last edited:

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
% back from invoice alone is useless without understanding a full breakdown of fees at any given dealer, including Criswell. Also, take with a grain of salt what people here say they paid for their vehicle.

OP
OP
bravelion

bravelion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
% back from invoice alone is useless without understanding a full breakdown of fees at any given dealer, including Criswell. Also, take with a grain of salt what people here say they paid for their vehicle.
Agree, to a point. When I get down to final offers I always ask dealers for the "out the door" price. The cuts through everything. I'm buying cash, no trade, so % below inv cuts to the chase as a metric for me.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Agree, to a point. When I get down to final offers I always ask dealers for the "out the door" price. The cuts through everything. I'm buying cash, no trade, so % below inv cuts to the chase as a metric for me.
It also depends on the dealers. Criswell and Koons are pretty upfront on fees. Assuming you know what their current deal is and the msrp/invoice of what you want to purchase, you can get a pretty good idea of what you'll pay.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Makes it SO MUCH easier. Good luck!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Pay attention to the DOC fee. FL might be one of the worst States because they do not cap DOC fees. I have seen $800-$900 DOC fees there.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
For some reason the specific 2020 JLUR I want only exists on one lot with 150 miles of me.

Must have:
Advanced Safety Group. I'll never own another vehicle with adaptive cruise, and it only comes with the ASG.

Not a must, but I want a plain black top and fenders. I don't want to pay for color. Same with the 17/7.5 wheels since I'll swap those immediately, but all seem to have those so I accept it and will sell afterward.

Otherwise, just the 24R has everything I need/want, plus I want leather.

So, when selecting on Jeep.com the Rubicon and ASG, and some other things, the 2020 rig that I want is $56,400 MSRP, which is $53,064 Invoice.

I offered $49,084 (7.5% back of invoice) and the dealer scoffed, and stuck at what I guess is their unstated "no hassle" price of $50,538 and wouldn't budge even a dollar (but said they'd throw in a free tint).

I don't actually think 4.7% below invoice is unreasonable, and I appreciate that it's the advertised price, and I also respect them holding ground. In reality, we were $1,454 apart. It was a clear, fast "no", which I appreciate.

But since they have the only 3 in my area, and all three were buried in the back dirt lot, I don't see any downside to me walking away and see if I get a phone call in the next couple of days. Meanwhile I'll keep entering zipcodes of places I wouldn't mind taking a cheap SW Airline flight/vacation to and pleasure road trip home in a new Rubicon.

I thought I read/saw in some threads here that 7-10% behind invoice should be doable. I offered -7.5%. Is my memory faulty or I'm misinformed? Which dealers will jump straight to 7 as a starting point and allow a bit more negotiation beyond that?
Jim marsh in Las Vegas Nevada!

flight4f

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP JL RUBICON
I got my 2019 Rubicon for 49500 out the door. Invoice was 53000. It was 12% off invoice. I had to walk away several times for a week before they called me up and agreed.
Sponsored