I just test drove a 4xe Rubicon and am very impressed

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I just test drove a 4xe Rubicon and am very impressed. It was a rocketship compared to my 2020 Rubicon 3.6L manual at 5200ft. Driving in electric mode was eerie at first but darn near silent; I can see really liking it on the trails.

I'm looking into leases. There seem to be good incentives in Colorado right now.
Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Yep. I was in the market for a wrangler and was test driving the Eco diesel to compare it to the i4 and the v6 etorque. Salesman put me in a 4xe and I was hooked. Super responsive and peppy, but the high speed handling felt much more grounded.

OP
OP
ChimpanZed

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Yep. I was in the market for a wrangler and was test driving the Eco diesel to compare it to the i4 and the v6 etorque. Salesman put me in a 4xe and I was hooked. Super responsive and peppy, but the high speed handling felt much more grounded.
I've read the same. Apparently, the weight and location of the battery gives it a 50/50 weight distribution and lowers the center of gravity. It's more weight to lug around for sure, but it's weight in the exact right location.
Sponsored